Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2014

Judged:

Medical Marijuana is coming to Kentucky, maybe this year! So lets have a real discussion about that!
BereaGirl

Berea, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2014

Judged:

Space Cowboy wrote:
Medical Marijuana is coming to Kentucky, maybe this year! So lets have a real discussion about that!
Finally, we have something very interesting to discuss!
MMJ Medical Marijuana should be enforced! Recreational use of marijuana should be legal to all adults. It is not the issue but what it is, is a solution to alot of bad things at hand! Marijuana is not what some of your peers may have instilled in you, due to ignorance! It is not the big bad monster in the closet either and it is also not for everyone! What it really is is a lifesaving plant that can be used to help, many sick people.
It is a very beneficial solution to a slew of problems!
I support it! Tax it and bring money to our state that we do not have right now and save on the other end, such as health care! I could go on and on! Do your own research and come to your own conclusion of whether it is for you or not! I believe you just might be surprised! I believe in things that I have seen with mine own eyes,heard with mine own ears and felt with mine own heart! Taking someone else' version is only stupidity!
TheBigBadWolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2014

Judged:

BereaGirl wrote:
<quoted text>Finally, we have something very interesting to discuss!
MMJ Medical Marijuana should be enforced! Recreational use of marijuana should be legal to all adults. It is not the issue but what it is, is a solution to alot of bad things at hand! Marijuana is not what some of your peers may have instilled in you, due to ignorance! It is not the big bad monster in the closet either and it is also not for everyone! What it really is is a lifesaving plant that can be used to help, many sick people.
It is a very beneficial solution to a slew of problems!
I support it! Tax it and bring money to our state that we do not have right now and save on the other end, such as health care! I could go on and on! Do your own research and come to your own conclusion of whether it is for you or not! I believe you just might be surprised! I believe in things that I have seen with mine own eyes,heard with mine own ears and felt with mine own heart! Taking someone else' version is only stupidity!
I totally agree! It's time to stop with the propaganda about Cannabis, this is a plant that has many medicinal properties, and over 300 compounds that we hardly know anything about yet because of it's bad history. Not to mention that it's safeer than alcohol, which is perfectly legal to consume.PpP
Space Cowboy

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2014

Judged:

All sorts of people of all ages are opening their eyes to the healing properties of Cannabis, and what they are finding out is IT WORKS!! If you believe it is the devil weed, or it's a sin, then you should do some research of your own. You can form your own opinion about Cannabis, but please base them on facts and not closed minded opinions based on fear. Legalize Now!!! pPp
goodman

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2014

Judged:

LOL! I am sure people are going to use it for "medical" purposes. Just a bunch of loser potheads. Just because more people are stupid and smoke pot doesnt make it right.
CheckThisOut

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2014

Judged:

The majority rules!!!! Regardless of how you think we are all potheads doesn't change the fact that that 78% of Kentuckians are FOR MMJ legalization. So this thing is going to happen, and the majority wins.
http://wkms.org/post/poll-shows-major-support...
Space Cowboy

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2014

Judged:

Hey if anyone would like to educate themselves further about MMJ and even get together and make difference there are all kinds of things you can do. There are a couple Facebook pages devoted to MMJ knowledge and help fight for legalization in the state of Kentucky you can type KY4MM and Kentucky Cannabis Advocates into your Facebook search bar, and they should come up. Help us push for the right to cure ourselves by attending conferences, and call your senators/ state representatives. Thanks! Legalize!!
TheBigBadWolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2014

420believer

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2014

Judged:

The time has come for Kentucky to address Cannabis reform, as many states in our Union already have, or are currently doing. The medicinal effects of cannabis are widely documented, despite many cries that "We don't know enough about it." A quick search for the terms Cannabis and Cannabinoid (Compounds derived from Cannabis) on PubMed (US National Library of Medicine) reveals that there are over 26,000 published studies on Cannabis, many of which are peer-reviewed and placebo controlled, and many even have approval from the Food and Drug Administration, the Drug Enforcement Administration, and the National Institute on Drug Abuse. The science shows uses for Cannabis including curing cancer, stopping seizures, curing gastrointestinal diseases, managing pain, and promoting overall health via the Endocannabinoid system. The human body is hardwired to use the compounds in Cannabis for health.

Kentucky spends an average of $57 million per year on Marijuana prohibition. It is estimated that we could raise $11.5 million in tax revenues from legalized sales. That's $68.5 million saved and raised. In 2001 only $8.2 million was raised nationally from fines related to cannabis use. Prohibition is generating less revenue nationwide than we are spending in Kentucky. These figures are all according to the Miron Report, Conducted by Harvard University in 2005. A study conducted at Eastern Kentucky University shows that we could raise 40 million per year in tax revenues if we legalized. Adding that to the $57 million we spend, and you come up with a savings and revenue total of $97 million. In 2008 Kentucky spent $65 million on Marijuana prohibition.

The study conducted by EKU also showed that 12.5% of all arrests in Kentucky are for Marijuana. 64% of all drug charges in Kentucky are for Marijuana. 67% of drug possession charges in Kentucky are for Marijuana. Marijuana has never caused a death from an overdose. It is not possible. This begs the question, why is it a higher priority than Heroin, Opiates, and Methamphetamines, our lethal scourges?

The idea of CBD (A compound in Cannabis) medication has sprung up recently in response to the published results concerning epileptic children. While CBD does have many medicinal properties, it does not help those suffering from chronic pain, asthma, cancer, and many other illnesses that Cannabis as a whole has been proven to treat. The whole plant must be made available to the ailing people of Kentucky, and they must be given the right to produce it themselves. After all, it is a plant that can be grown readily in our State, and we definitely do not need to be placed at the mercy of the Pharmaceutical industry as we have been in recent years.

It is time that the General Assembly moves the idea out of committee and onto the floor so that it can go through our political process. The last two years have seen the bill die in committees before it ever hit the floor. Polls done by the Courier Journal, Morehead News, and the University of Cincinnati have all shown a clear majority of Kentuckians are in favor of Cannabis Reform. Averaging the polls, three out of every four Kentuckians support it. Itís time for the legislator to catch up with the people.
BereaGirl

Berea, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2014

I could not have set it better myself 420Believer! Lets not base opinions on hearsay, but rather facts! Call your local Representatives and speak to them about the legalization of MMJ Medical Marihuana.
space cowboy

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2014

Does anyone else have anything to say about this topic?
BSS

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2014

Judged:

I wish it could cure Spinal Cord Injuries! It does help with my depression though. Alot better than Zoloft
bereavet

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2014

BSS wrote:
I wish it could cure Spinal Cord Injuries! It does help with my depression though. Alot better than Zoloft
I would have to agree it works very well as an anti depressant! I'm not sure what your exact ailment is with your spinal cord, but you should research tincture s and Rick Simpson oil both could be beneficial to you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

21 Users are viewing the Berea Forum right now

Search the Berea Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 6 min justice_- 128,924
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr reality 146,890
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 2 hr Flint hill bandit 26,210
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 5 hr hillian 81,559
What's up at Netties Linens in Boone Square? 6 hr Gearhead 1
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 8 hr Flint hill bandit 16,129
Nacco 16 hr Help 3
•••
•••
•••
•••

Berea Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Berea People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE