Do You Think Madison Co. will Have School Tomorrow?

Posted in the Berea Forum

Comments
1 - 16 of 16 Comments Last updated Feb 10, 2010
Wondering

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2010

Hope there is school tomorrow!
parnet

Berea, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2010

Judged:

no the roads are really bad or at least where i live if they have school ill be mad theres no need in putting our children in danger. if there is school ill prob. call the school!
dj jazzy jeff

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2010

call weky every hour on the hour until they tell you something cause they love hearing from listeners....i'll hang up and listen
Bereadontmatter

Berea, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2010

Judged:

Even though most of the back and side roads in Berea are still in rough shape I'll lay money on there will be school tomorrow just because Richmond is about clear. The county always forgets about the folks down here. I think we all should call in the morning if they don't cancel
bill

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2010

Judged:

my roads are trerible and idont like putiting my children in danger so i think no school if there is they will be hearing a word or two from me
Bereadontmatter

Berea, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2010

Tells you alot about how the might dollar is more important than kids safety when everywhere around us is out or delayed including Lexington schools
mother of 2

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2010

what about the city of berea ,, do u think they will have school? my road here is slick and icy right now,, not to mention the cold weather for the kids to stand in , i know mine will get sick ,, in this kind of weather ,, its supose to get down to 10 ,, that is cold for the little kids to stand in ,,
nope

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2010

MADISON COUNTY SCHOOLS ARE NOT CLOSED!!! WTF REALLY????? IT IS TOTALLY MESSED UP!! IF WE DON'T SEND OUR KIDS THEY CAN GET US FOR TRUANCY?? EVERY DAMN WHERE IS CLOSED THE MONEY ISN'T WORTH OUR CHILDRENS SAFETY! WE SCOULD ALL CALL NON STOP IN THE MORNING AND NOT STOP UNTIL THEY LISTEN AND DO SOMETHING.
anywho

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2010

there will be school most likely sorry to say. cause they are worried that if they miss they will now be in school til june.
nope

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2010

Judged:

It shouldn't matter if they have to drag their happy aszes to work in june. I'd much rather my young children go to school some in the summer rather than have them waiting in the cold to board a bus on un safe roadways. Any parent I'm sure would agree. I don't care to have my children at home. Anything to make sure they are out of harms way should be done. I just find it to be a kick in us pta parents who support our schools and then they show total disregard for our families.
Blackrose

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2010

The will probably let us know at the last minute. So the parents will have to get up. lol. Just my luck.
girl

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2010

once again i am not happy with this school system like other people have said who cares if they have to go all mnth in june i rather have my kids honw where its nice and warm and off the road ways but i have never seen a school system so hung up on money and with this school system it is all bout the money
ashley

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2010

They can take their spring break away, if they don't want to go till June. makes no difference to me, as I assume mosts parents won't mind either.
old lady

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2010

girl wrote:
once again i am not happy with this school system like other people have said who cares if they have to go all mnth in june i rather have my kids honw where its nice and warm and off the road ways but i have never seen a school system so hung up on money and with this school system it is all bout the money
I heard that the reason is that the teacher's have to go to school(EKU and all) for their extra stuff on June 10th, so kids suffer so they can make that deadline to start school on time.
Nikki W

Berea, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2010

girl wrote:
While I agree there shouldn't have been school today (have you ever pushed a wheelchair through six inches of snow to get to a bus?), it's not about money, that makes no sense. The school gets their money either way, because they make up the snow day at the end of the year.
Nobody

Jefferson, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2010

As of right now we have school tomorrow the degree is 11 at the moment and dropping bad fast, roads are horrible and yet they want us to go? I bet the school will be empty..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

12 Users are viewing the Berea Forum right now

Search the Berea Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 14 min ChromiuMan 128,670
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr scirocco 146,294
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 8 hr Ashby 26,189
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 11 hr hollerrat 16,117
Novelis (Jan '10) 23 hr Novelis Berea ky 26
Medicaid and braces (Dec '08) Thu loren92 189
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) Thu sad 81,557
•••
•••
•••
•••

Berea Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••