nacco, tokico, panasonic, lighthouse ...

nacco, tokico, panasonic, lighthouse candle factory

Posted in the Berea Forum

job needs

Mckee, KY

#1 Nov 16, 2008
Any new info on these companies. How many are getting laid off, Are there more companies around berea and richmond that are laying off? How bad is the economy in this area?
Christal Vintage Wine

Neelyville, MO

#2 Nov 16, 2008
The economy in this area sucks, as it does in every area of the world. I think almost all of the factories are either laying off, or have a hiring freeze at the moment. Anyone who thinks they have 100% job security at this point really needs to re-evaluate themselves; we are all replaceable. With money so tight, it seems a lot of corporations and companies are getting rid of long time loyal employees to replace them with minimum wage zero experience newbies in the spirit of saving money. Sad but true! I get really aggrivated at work sometimes, but when I walk into the doors of my office in the morning, I'm just glad to still have a job.
That is funny

Berea, KY

#3 Nov 16, 2008
Christal Vintage Wine wrote:
The economy in this area sucks, as it does in every area of the world. I think almost all of the factories are either laying off, or have a hiring freeze at the moment. Anyone who thinks they have 100% job security at this point really needs to re-evaluate themselves; we are all replaceable. With money so tight, it seems a lot of corporations and companies are getting rid of long time loyal employees to replace them with minimum wage zero experience newbies in the spirit of saving money. Sad but true! I get really aggrivated at work sometimes, but when I walk into the doors of my office in the morning, I'm just glad to still have a job.
Couldn't have said it better myself !
job needs

Mckee, KY

#4 Nov 17, 2008
I agree. Everyone that has a job is thankful for it. I feel for all the people that are losing there jobs. Just heard nacco is laying off 125 people, lighthouse is laying off this week too, but don't know how many.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Berea Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 36 min Mint Julep 138,365
Marios Pizza (Jan '09) 3 hr Clyde 106
WOOHOO Fracking Coming 3 hr Link 54
roses paylake 17 hr fullofit 3
pgw or ppg (Dec '09) Sun Eworex 14
dollar store in berea ky, next to save a lot st... Sun Changestores 5
swimming lessons May 30 tonya 1
More from around the web

Berea People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]