Bella Vista Gun Range.....

Posted in the Bentonville Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Billy Bob

Fayetteville, AR

#1 Feb 22, 2013
On my day off I thought I'd go to the gun range. What a surprise I got when I turned up at Branchwood, I was informed that under the new rules, I'd have to pay $8 for myself (a member, and two guests). Which I don't have a problem, fair enough. I was then asked what range would I be using...pistol or rifle. I replied, both. I was then informed that I could only use one at a time. The new system in place requires that I use the pistol range, then, I have to go back to Branchwood, return that key, pick up another key and pay another $8, then I could go back to the rifle side of the range. During my time at the gun range, there was a total of 4 different Bella Vista POA trucks that turned up to observe me using the gun range with a total of 5 different people. 3 times, I had to produce a receipt to show them that I was legitimately on the gun range. During the whole time I was there with my guests, we were constantly under scrutiny from these so-called rangers. An enjoyable time at the gun range, on my day off, with a few friends, was turned into an ill-at-ease time, where we were constantly observed and harassed. We felt like we were being scrutinized the whole time. If Bella Vista POA has 5 rangers just for the gun range, they are seriously overstaffed.
Leprechan

Rogers, AR

#2 Feb 22, 2013
Buy yourself a membership to an independent gun range. Apply what you spent today, the cost of a photo ID and what you will continue to pay (don't forget cost of fuel driving back and forth) and stop using the BV gun range.

Problem solved. OH, and if you don't play golf, only own an empty lot, quit paying your monthly assessment and let the lot go back to the POA.

Problem # 2 just solved.
Ted

Bentonville, AR

#3 Feb 22, 2013
Then the POA can liquidate this lot on the courthouse steps...

I pity the poor soul or sucker who eventually buys the lot.
Adolf Hitler

Bentonville, AR

#4 Feb 22, 2013
Billy Bob wrote:
On my day off I thought I'd go to the gun range. What a surprise I got when I turned up at Branchwood, I was informed that under the new rules, I'd have to pay $8 for myself (a member, and two guests). Which I don't have a problem, fair enough. I was then asked what range would I be using...pistol or rifle. I replied, both. I was then informed that I could only use one at a time. The new system in place requires that I use the pistol range, then, I have to go back to Branchwood, return that key, pick up another key and pay another $8, then I could go back to the rifle side of the range. During my time at the gun range, there was a total of 4 different Bella Vista POA trucks that turned up to observe me using the gun range with a total of 5 different people. 3 times, I had to produce a receipt to show them that I was legitimately on the gun range. During the whole time I was there with my guests, we were constantly under scrutiny from these so-called rangers. An enjoyable time at the gun range, on my day off, with a few friends, was turned into an ill-at-ease time, where we were constantly observed and harassed. We felt like we were being scrutinized the whole time. If Bella Vista POA has 5 rangers just for the gun range, they are seriously overstaffed.
Welcome to Bella Vista POA Club Nazi ! So much for the official POA slogan: "Embrace the Good Life" !
Billy Bob

Fayetteville, AR

#5 Feb 22, 2013
Are there any other gun rangers in Bella Vista?
Adolf Hitler

Bentonville, AR

#6 Feb 22, 2013
There are lake rangers so it could be the same so called rangers.

There have been former complaints of abuse or misconduct to members by the lake rangers.

If you make an alleged complaint, the POA will offer you a very lame excuse or sweep it under the rug.
Billy Bob

Fayetteville, AR

#7 Feb 22, 2013
I did e-mail them so will see how far it goes.
Ted

Bentonville, AR

#8 Feb 22, 2013
Sure make you wonder if the POA will ever mandate Mandatory Fun.

You will have fun. You will smile. You will be happy. Or else you will face the consequences.

Do you remember when you were a kid and you would cry and dad would say he would give you something to cry about?

Maybe the POA will give you something to pout about when they shut your water off...LOL
Billy Bob

Fayetteville, AR

#10 Feb 23, 2013
I got 1 reply back so far... "Sorry to hear of your poor experience at the gun range.You might have shown more restraint than I would while having a good time with friends.I'm at a loss to justify our "key policy" but I hope there is a good reason. I'm asking Mr. Bailey to enlighten us on this.
Keep the faith Graham,we are doing our best so we can all to continue to Embrace The Good Life.
Ed Morgan".. Nice e-mail lets see what happens.
Billy Bob

United States

#11 Feb 25, 2013
Only got 1 reply to the e-mail i sent to all the POA members... Ed Morgan will get my vote.
Golfer

Bentonville, AR

#12 Feb 25, 2013
That's the way they normally do it.

Ed Morgan is the POA board member chairman.

You normally will get only one response on behalf of all board members.
Billy Bob

Huntington Beach, CA

#13 Feb 27, 2013
Latest e-mail..
"Our plan with the new fee is to have the gun range attended hopefully beginning in mid-spring which will eliminate the key process and the ranger visits. We have some great plans for expanding the range like adding an archery range and adjustable range targets as well as permanent restrooms if the fee provides the funds we hope it will."

Regards,
Tommy Bailey
Really

Joplin, MO

#14 Mar 4, 2013
Oh, Billy Bob, you are on these forums regarding Bella Vista all the time and I notice you never have ANYTHING nice or positive to say...makes one wonder, is this post even true, are ALL the facts really out there for everyone to comment on?
What REALLY happened?
Eagle Boy Scout

Bentonville, AR

#15 Mar 4, 2013
I believe Billy Bob! I don't trust or respect Tommy Bailey at all.
Eagle Boy Scout

Bentonville, AR

#16 Mar 4, 2013
Eagle Boy Scout wrote:
I believe Billy Bob! I don't trust or respect Tommy Bailey at all.
The reason I agree is, I worked on my marksmanship at the Bella Vista gun range. I earned my Boy Scout Rifle Shooting Merit Badge.

I witnessed the same thing Billy Bob did. Scouts Honor!
Billy Bob

Fayetteville, AR

#17 Mar 10, 2013
There is a big opportunity here for someone to open a new gun range.
Sharpshooter

Bentonville, AR

#18 Mar 10, 2013
Billy Bob wrote:
There is a big opportunity here for someone to open a new gun range.
I agree, a great opportunity for someone to open a new gun range.

The formula for success is:

Don't run your new gun range like the Bella Vista POA run theirs.

Guaranteed Success!
Customer Apprecitation

Bentonville, AR

#19 Mar 10, 2013
All you have to do is appreciate and value your customers.

Don't be arrogant and act like you are doing your customers a favor or take your customers for granted.-- That is what the Bella Vista POA does. That is why the Bella Vista POA fails over and over again.

Rule #1: The customer is always right.

Rule #2: See Rule #1.
Go Away POA

Bentonville, AR

#20 Mar 11, 2013
The Bella Vista POA has an automatic revenue stream coming in (a monthly assessment, much like a tax) at $24.00 for improved lots and $16.00 for unimproved lots. This is part of the problem. With the auto monies coming in, the POA, at times, takes their members for granted or treats their members like crap.

If the POA did not have this auto money coming in from monthly assessments, the POA would have been out-of-business long time ago. You cannot run a sustainable business by taking your customers for granted or treating them like crap.

And now, the POA is asking their dues paying members (the ones who the POA takes for granted or treats like crap) for an assessment increase.-- A snowball chance in hell!
Hottie

Bentonville, AR

#21 Mar 11, 2013
BTW, The Weekly Vista newspaper did an editorial on 03/06/2013. The local paper's view on the latest POA proposal calling for an assessment increase to be voted on by the members in the near future is considered as "Dead on arrival".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bentonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rogers Music Selection (Aug '12) Jul 25 Musikologist 17
brian hingle died anybody know how Jul 24 good guy 1
Bentonville School District Zoning Scam Exposed Jul 21 Screw the Poor 1
Pea Ridge Police dept- Good to go, honest, or n... Jul 19 Cat03 2
complain about Great Day Skate Place Jul 18 Pad 1
Post Your walmart complaints here (Jun '09) Jul 2 Walmart Sucks 68
Bambudda Buffet 2701 W Walnut Jul 1 Some White Chick 5

Bentonville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance