Review: Bud Anderson Heating & Cooling

Posted in the Bentonville Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
randy pifer

AOL

#1 Jan 11, 2009
what a dishonest crook charged me 211.00 for a 25.00 part this is whats wrong with our country today GREED AND DISHONEST PEOPLE THAT WOULD RATHER RIP PEOPLE OFF THAN HAVE RETURN BUSSINESS, ITS REALLY SAD THAT YOU CAN TRUST NO ONE TODAY, I PERSONALLY WILL DO ALL I CAN NOW TO LET EVERY ONE KNOW TO NOT GIVE THIS PERSON THERE BUSSINESS
HVAC TECNICIAN

Bentonville, AR

#2 Feb 6, 2009
Bud Anderson Heating and Cooling is the number 1 retrofitter of heating and cooling equipment in the state, not by accident. I work for someone else. The hard work and longevity of this business is due to lowering Your energy costs. I wish we all could have the integrity to elevate to the standards number 1 established by longevity and hardwork. The company from my personal knowledge hires the cream of the crop and their work is guaranteed. We in the industry aspire to be them one day. Among all of us we know the real story and so do the thousands of customers, the majority will not go anywhere else. I wish I owned Bud Anderson.
Concerned

Rogers, AR

#3 Mar 9, 2009
I had a good friend use Bud Anderson and was charged around 11,000.00 dollars for about 4,000.00 dollars worth of work. They found all kinds of items wrong with thier system and put fear in them that the CO2 would kill them and more or less pressured them into a fast sale. Please get at least three bids and do not sign anything with out at least two other bids.
Equally Concerned

Fayetteville, AR

#4 Apr 12, 2009
I make no practice of posting consumer commentary on the internet, but feel compelled to do so in this instance. I have had an equally concerning experience with Bud Anderson Heating & Cooling. I was quoted $792 to replace a furnace blower motor. Competitive bids all resulted in $250-$400 for the job. Do not use Bud Anderson Heating & Cooling. Their business model appears to be price gouging.
More Concerned

Rogers, AR

#5 May 1, 2009
We have had a lot of negative
experience with Bud Anderson
Heating and Cooling. They
quoted $225.00 for a part and then tried to charge us $375.00.

They were continually pitching to replace our heating and cooling system, even though the one we had was perfectly good.

They quoted a new heat pump to us for around $8,000.00 and their competitor quoted us
$4200.00, put it in, and did
a wonderful job, saving us $3800.00!

I wouldn't trust them, and
what a shame, as we had a friend who was pressured into
signing a contract with them to
clean the air ducts in their home, and they could ill afford it.
Burned by Gougers

United States

#6 May 16, 2009
They charged me $496 to recharge 3 pounds of r22--a service that I later discovered should have cost about $200 at the most--some quotes were as low as $160. They quoted me a service charge at $89 over the phone. They charged $103, then came back the next day to finish the job, tried to convince me to purchase a part that I obviously didn't need for $250, then charged me $300 more for the 3 pounds of freon, which should have cost no more than $40 per pound.
Burned by Gougers

United States

#7 May 16, 2009
HVAC TECNICIAN wrote:
Bud Anderson Heating and Cooling is the number 1 retrofitter of heating and cooling equipment in the state, not by accident. I work for someone else. The hard work and longevity of this business is due to lowering Your energy costs. I wish we all could have the integrity to elevate to the standards number 1 established by longevity and hardwork. The company from my personal knowledge hires the cream of the crop and their work is guaranteed. We in the industry aspire to be them one day. Among all of us we know the real story and so do the thousands of customers, the majority will not go anywhere else. I wish I owned Bud Anderson.
Don't believe it, people. Bud Anderson obviously encourages unfair pricing and takes advantage of people who know little about HVAC. Liars and price gougers.
Ripped Off

Pflugerville, TX

#8 Aug 1, 2009
In June 2009, one of their technicians made the determination of a bad dual run capacitor which he replaced for $202.23 and the system did start to slowly cool. However, the next day the system failed again. The same tech returned and told me the compressor had failed. This is the same compressor that they installed for me on January 9, 2008 for a cost of $936.25. I was given the expectation that the replacement compressor would easily last for 3-5 years. I also purchased a service agreement from them after the compressor installation to ensure proper operation and maintenance. Check them out at AR BBB http://arkansas.bbb.org/Find-Business-Reviews...
The BBB processed a total of 11 complaints about Bud Anderson Heating & Cooling, Inc. in the last 36 months...not exactly a stellar record.
Questionable

Bentonville, AR

#9 Jan 5, 2010
I had Bud Anderson out to my house to perform a tune up on my furnaces... After the hard sell for a service agreement oand a push for duct cleaning n a 3 year old house/system I'm very disappointed. Having a relative in the business, he was insulted that these were pushed during the call and the R22 scare (which is a bunch of bunk) put me over the edge... I will not call them again.
contractor

Bentonville, AR

#10 Jan 9, 2010
I am a rare creature...an honest contractor. 2009 has been the best year I've ever had, I believe due to my businass approach. These negative reviews are correct. Most HVAC contractors rip people off because people don't shop around. I use Ron Farris of Air Control of Springdale. He consistently beats other's prices and seems to be a decent guy. I once knew a Bud Anderson technician. Enough said.
Madder than Hades

Van Buren, AR

#11 Jan 22, 2010
We are a memeber of Bud Anderson's Gold Service and pay monthly fee for preferred service, discounts, etc. They sent their technician our the other day to do the biannual check up and guess what? The technican was happy to report that he was shutting off my heat in the middle of winter, unless I paid over $2000 for a new heat exchanger (BTW my kids hate you too and now call you Butt Anderson). He furthermore tried to scare my family into purchasing a new furnace for over $11,000. If Bud Anderson really cared about their customers, they would be checking these things before the winter, and not waiting till the coldest month of the year and using the ruse of routine maintenance to extort money from people. I will do everything in my power to tell eveyone I meet about their unethical practices. NEVER, NEVER, let these guys in your home. It WILL cost you.
Warning

Bentonville, AR

#12 Feb 22, 2010
Customers of Bud Anderson BEWARE. The company policy is to sell sell sell. I know several very good technicians who were let go from this company, not due to lack of experience or their ability to repair heating and cooling but because they didnt sell enough. Their prices on average are 200% higher than a reasonable mark up. This company rapes its customers for 1 reason, to make a buck.
kirk

Decatur, AR

#14 Apr 7, 2010
HVAC TECNICIAN wrote:
total BS
kirk

Decatur, AR

#15 Apr 7, 2010
Bud Anderson's heat and air are crooks... get another estimate!!!! they will ***** you...
Tina

Dayton, OH

#16 Apr 13, 2010
They are no good. They came out and told us we needed a new Air cond. unit for around $2500. So we had someone else come look at it and guess what, ALL WE NEEDED WAS A GOOD CLEANING FOR $75. And 6 yrs later it is just fine!!! Run from them as fast as you can!!!!!!1
Ginger

United States

#17 Jul 19, 2010
My mother-in-law bought her unit from Bud Anderson some years ago,they came out every so often to check it out. The last time out they told her she needed a complete New unit. She is in her 80's, on a fixed income,very upset. The man set down and talked to her very nicely, wanting the best for her,of course! The only thing, she was smart enough to call someone else(wish I knew who, would love to advertise them). Reality was,she wasn't even having any trouble with it and all the next man could find was some leaves, cleaned it out and was on his way. That was over a year ago and still no problems with it. About a week later someone from Bud Anderson called her back wanting to work with her on payments,very concerned the unit might stop working in bad weather. I don't want anyone else getting caught up with this business. I steer people away from this business. Hopefully we all will reach this age and I truly resent personally knowing these things happen all the time.
saviour

Burlington, WI

#18 Jul 28, 2010
I am now considered a saviour to my cousin. He called me to ask if I knew much about A/C systems. I said no, what's the problem? He said a repairman wanted $8,000 to $12,000 to repair their old, non fixable system. I said " You must be talking to Bud Anderson". He said yes, How did I know that? Hmmmm....REPUTATION. I then referred him to Frazier Refrigeration who went immediately over to his house and fixed the A/C for $126. He informed him that the system appeared to have been tampered with...... It is an old system to be sure. But, it could be replaced for about half the cost of good ole BA.
get the facts

Springdale, AR

#19 Nov 5, 2010
Ripped Off wrote:
In June 2009, one of their technicians made the determination of a bad dual run capacitor which he replaced for $202.23 and the system did start to slowly cool. However, the next day the system failed again. The same tech returned and told me the compressor had failed. This is the same compressor that they installed for me on January 9, 2008 for a cost of $936.25. I was given the expectation that the replacement compressor would easily last for 3-5 years. I also purchased a service agreement from them after the compressor installation to ensure proper operation and maintenance. Check them out at AR BBB http://arkansas.bbb.org/Find-Business-Reviews...
The BBB processed a total of 11 complaints about Bud Anderson Heating & Cooling, Inc. in the last 36 months...not exactly a stellar record.
WOW 11 in the last 36 months!!! 7 of which were resolved. I guess out of 12,000 calls 11 complaints don't sound so bad (in that time frame)
Jones

Springdale, AR

#20 Mar 24, 2011
Okay,

I had them come out a few weeks ago, at my request, to quote me for a 80% furnice and a 16 seer a/c. They installed it that same week and addressed a few other issues that I had. They charged $7200 for the complete job. They also included a 2 year service agreement with the unit. It wasn't the cheapest quote and not the most expensive quote, but working with a company that has been around for years and has enough service techs to come out when I have a problem is wirth the little extra.
Don

Fayetteville, AR

#21 Apr 8, 2011
We have handed $400 over to Bud Anderson this month alone.$200 for their "Gold Card" which we purchased because it was less than the part they needed to replace. The other $200 was for 2 service calls during which, nothing got fixed We were told that we had "sold" our 5 year maunfacturers warranty in order to buy our unit (from Bud A)at a reduced price. Oops, called the manufacturer,not so. It was suggested by one of the owners, that we might want to replace our 3 1/2 year old unit with the brand they now sell. Are you kidding me? And,they could repair our A/C for $800. For labor!! Got in touch with a reputable repairman. I am writing this in my COOL house. It seems that the coil (that they said had to be replaced) needs to be cleaned, as it hasn't been done during any of Bud's famous 27 point A/C maintenance checks, but no hole in it, as B.A claimed. I called my mother-in-law, told her NOT to let them come do the summer maintenance check. Just to cut her losses with the Bud Anderson gold card and keep them far away from her checkbook.
Wonder what the real Bud Anderson thinks about these folks that bought out his good name and reputation and are running it into the ground?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bentonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News At Latest Summit, Wal-Mart Seeks More American-... Wed Walmart Smoke 1
Haven 55 restaurant recommendation Jun 27 Mudlake 2
Vanilla VISA gift card scam Jun 23 John 1
Post Your walmart complaints here (Jun '09) Jun 22 Hotness88 66
Turn In And Report Employers Who Hire Illegal A... (Jul '07) Jun 8 Anonymous 117
hi Jun 3 josh 1
News People sign petition to save historic Bentonvil... May 31 facts 2

Bentonville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bentonville Mortgages