New Pill Law Requires DRUG TESTING pa...
Areyoukidding

Pontiac, IL

#64 Nov 2, 2012
Chad wrote:
RMA has a nurse name Liz that works under Dr Colburn...he doesnt make the decisions, she makes them for him like she is the Doctor...I know one time I was out in the waiting room waiting to see him and talked to guy that sees Dr Colburn who has never had a surgery gets Percocet and alot them too, then I found out he was knows Liz....ive had a back surgery and I was in alot of pain and was on Lortab which wasnt killing my pain, but this other guy was a stronger pain medicine and never had surgery...I know the guy and he was faking and told me he was just to get them, thats why its hard for people who need to get them, but im not a snitch and I let it pass...seems like Liz is the Doctor and Dr Colburn is the nurse and im sure alot of people will agree with this...ive talked to alot of patients and they all hate the woman
If she had her way noone would get narcotics.
Nurse

Mayfield, KY

#65 Nov 2, 2012
Monitor wrote:
The doctors don't have a choice with this. Anyone taking scheduled narcotics have to be tested and computer checks done to see if they've been to other doctors and pharmacies to get multiple scripts. If the doctors fail to do this their butts are on the line. So what has been prescribed better be in there and nothing else.
There is nothing wrong with the drs doing their job. It's the cost of the tests which are running 500 to 800 dollars. Rip off
Monitor

Pontiac, IL

#66 Nov 2, 2012
Nurse wrote:
<quoted text> There is nothing wrong with the drs doing their job. It's the cost of the tests which are running 500 to 800 dollars. Rip off
. I agree with you. Since this is a mandated procedure then the government needs to come up with a solution to these costs.
Voice of reason

Cadiz, KY

#67 Nov 3, 2012
Nurse wrote:
<quoted text> There is nothing wrong with the drs doing their job. It's the cost of the tests which are running 500 to 800 dollars. Rip off
Tests dont have to cost that much. I think my company pays about $20 for a random drug test at work. Heck you can buy them at walmart cheaper than that.
Sherry

Pontiac, IL

#68 Nov 3, 2012
@areyoukidding
your right about that.but she has no problem giving to her friends and some of her family.I could tell things about her that make your head spin.I hate the coughing hacking 3 pack a day smoking bitch
Tom Sim

Pontiac, IL

#69 Nov 3, 2012
Monitor wrote:
The doctors don't have a choice with this. Anyone taking scheduled narcotics have to be tested and computer checks done to see if they've been to other doctors and pharmacies to get multiple scripts. If the doctors fail to do this their butts are on the line. So what has been prescribed better be in there and nothing else.
Dude, we already have KASPER. Which checks for multiple scripts and doctors. This type of drug screen policy is what most doctors office's use for patients that are prescribed or are going to be prescribed any scheduled narcotic. Pain Clinics have definitely been using it for years.

This will also raise the price of health care in the region. A lot of narcotics aren't detectable with the standard 5-panel urine stick test. Some drugs aren't even tested for on ANY urine stick tests. So those specimens, along with any negatives will have to be sent off for a gas-spectrometer to confirm the results. Which is expensive and will either be paid by you, your insurance or the doctors office.

This is law is nothing new, it will not affect the illegal prescription pill problem in the slightest. It will just cost more for services.
Darrell

Mayfield, KY

#70 Nov 4, 2012
Tom Sim wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude, we already have KASPER. Which checks for multiple scripts and doctors. This type of drug screen policy is what most doctors office's use for patients that are prescribed or are going to be prescribed any scheduled narcotic. Pain Clinics have definitely been using it for years.
This will also raise the price of health care in the region. A lot of narcotics aren't detectable with the standard 5-panel urine stick test. Some drugs aren't even tested for on ANY urine stick tests. So those specimens, along with any negatives will have to be sent off for a gas-spectrometer to confirm the results. Which is expensive and will either be paid by you, your insurance or the doctors office.
This is law is nothing new, it will not affect the illegal prescription pill problem in the slightest. It will just cost more for services.
You are right! This law will not stop pill pushers or doctor shopping. These people are going to drive to TN, IL and MO to get new drs and meds. It's going to ddrive up medical costs. I for one had a urine test, ask the dr office to call Anthem to see if it was covered. They said yes. Now anthem will not pay and I am stuck with a $745 urine test. I will also go to TN to avoid having to pay this out of my pocket every 3*4 months.
Medical

Nevada, IA

#71 Nov 4, 2012
Isnt it about time to legalize marajuana? Its free, it has a multitude of benefits when used as a medicine, it has very few side affects. A person cant overdose on it. It doesnt induce violence, it actually induces the opposite of violence. I know that is has gotten alot of bad publicity, because of the youth. If you talk to people in the medical profession and law enforcement, alot of them will agree in private that its not that bad, for sure not as bad a alcohol.
Mklen720

Cincinnati, OH

#72 Nov 7, 2012
Please explain how uninsured people can afford to pay close to $350 for each drug test now?!!! This will do nothing but push more and more people to heroin and similar drugs, and many attorneys are looking at filing motion to stop this bill, due to it telling which doctors can and cannot prescribe certain medicine, in other words, many people will have to see an expensive pain doctor rather than a general MD to get same treatment!! This will not last long, and will be shut down. The govt cannot tell doctors what they can prescribe.
Digggiry

Tucker, GA

#73 Nov 7, 2012
Mklen720 wrote:
Please explain how uninsured people can afford to pay close to $350 for each drug test now?!!! This will do nothing but push more and more people to heroin and similar drugs, and many attorneys are looking at filing motion to stop this bill, due to it telling which doctors can and cannot prescribe certain medicine, in other words, many people will have to see an expensive pain doctor rather than a general MD to get same treatment!! This will not last long, and will be shut down. The govt cannot tell doctors what they can prescribe.
we better get ready for obamacare which will tell you if you are healthy enough to get treatment or not. You will be classified by age and health status on whether or not your insurance will pay for treatment. So when your special needs child or your elderly parents need treatment it will all be put on hold for approval regardless of how severe it is. Everyone wanted insurance and Obama are will make sure you get it but they didn't tell you it won't cover crap.
Tmw

Murfreesboro, TN

#74 Nov 7, 2012
Anon wrote:
I didn't read the entire bill, but I did read the summary. Nowhere does it say drug testing is being implemented. If drug testing were required, it would be a huge media story. I think the op needs to do some more research.
It is true. I get my drug test next week for my medications that I take for chronic Rheumatoid Arthritis and joint deterioration in all my joints. Its sad that people who sell and abuse medications make it very difficult for people with debilitating diseases that need them.
Michael x

Elkhorn City, KY

#75 Nov 14, 2012
Does the new drug testing also test for levels of the prescribed substance?
Bad Idea

Grand Rivers, KY

#76 Nov 14, 2012
Kind a makes going to the Dr. not so much fun,
Think twice

Newport, KY

#77 Nov 27, 2012
Yeh, that's not necessarily the case. The urine sample they're making us get every 3 months costs $115.
Kentucky

Cadiz, KY

#78 Nov 27, 2012
The state of Kentucky has lost it ! This only hurts the ones that needs it. This state is so back woods.
dub

Mayfield, KY

#79 Nov 27, 2012
Think twice wrote:
Yeh, that's not necessarily the case. The urine sample they're making us get every 3 months costs $115.
RMA requires a urine test every month for 5 months then they can do it every 3 months. The bill I got for the first one was 568.00, and the second one was 689.00. Need to find new dr.
Garrett

Independence, KY

#80 Dec 6, 2012
Shocked wrote:
Do you really think your health insurance will pay for these urine tests?? I don't have insurance I'm self paid. My doctor informed me it will be a $250 charge for the drug test. Which I can't afford. I was seeing him every 3 months and the cost of the prescriptions were hard on my budget. I have degenerated bone disease. Have had a neck fusion - 4 plates 8 screws, a non-union collar bone fracture, two surgeries to try to fix it, without success. 4 knee surgeries to attempt to build up scar tissue to try an replace the cartliridge in my knees. Now, without insurance have pain so bad I can hardly go to work.
Please try medicinal marijuana it will do u wonders
Truly ill

Cumming, GA

#81 Dec 6, 2012
Here is the issue I have with this. It sounds so wonderful and a way to monitor those who are abusing something that was meant to relieve suffering to those who are truly ill. I have a genetic illness that manifests itself in progressive pain. I am prescribed pain medication along with other medications to help me just try to live a somewhat able-bodied life and manage this illness. My doctors know all I am on, nothing is hidden, I go to one pharmacy and make sure that Pharmacist is keeping watch over what I am taking so there are no contraindications. My doctors agree I need the substances to be able to manage the pain. If tested and I will be positive, my insurance company will bill me $1K each time I am tested for being positive. Is that fair when I am legitimately ill? This is the other side of the coin people. Unless you have been in my shoes and the shoes of others who are chronically ill, who do not abuse these substances, you can't possibly know what the outcome of this will produce. Healthcare costs for us is outrageous as it is and to be told we will be billed for the drugs in our system is simply not fair. We didn't ask for these illnesses. Not everyone is a dope dealer and an abuser. Some people are simply...truly ill.
SuperHumanEvilGe nius

Killeen, TX

#82 Jan 24, 2013
On page ten it clearly states doctors are to get a baseline urine sample to check for drugs and that they can randomly piss test anyone taking the medications listed in the law mainly opioids and anxiety meds.
SuperHumanEvilGe nius

Killeen, TX

#83 Jan 24, 2013
Ps. Its not illegal to be a drug addict it's only illegal to posses drugs. Can't believe this law. When laws starting passing in states that require urine tests for state aid like food stamps and stuff.....everyone cheered and I said wow that's sad...because now children who have addicts as parents won't get food or state or government funded health care. I see the reasoning behind it all....I just see the negative effect it will have on patients.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Benton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lake trash 3 min Cone Heads 10
karen pritchard (Feb '17) 26 min Shawn Pritchard 49
little league coach 49 min Crazy cooter 4
Eclupset Weekend Traffic 55 min Imhere 2
white 1 hr George Washington 10
Eclipse BS 2 hr Walmart 6
Murphy's 3 hr From the country 1

Benton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance