New Pill Law Requires DRUG TESTING patients

Posted in the Benton Forum

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
woody

Murray, KY

#1 Aug 3, 2012
Great news the KY HB 1 which was created to stop abuse of pain medication has passed and is effective now. There are many changes that keep drugs off our streets. One I like require doctors to do a urine drug test for legal or illegal drugs. Now if we can get them to pass this law on to all the welfare receipants would help this drug issue!

Here's the Law:

The physician shall obtain and document a baseline urine drug screen to determine whether the medications that are being prescribed are in the patient's system and to determine whether any un-prescribed or illegal controlled substances are in the patient's system. Random urine screens in the course of treatment are also stipulated.
camb

Yantis, TX

#2 Aug 3, 2012
wow
abclmnop

United States

#3 Aug 3, 2012
Good
Just wondering

Benton, KY

#4 Aug 3, 2012
What about all the mentally ill patients, who are NOT properly medicated so they self medicate with weed, & they take away their pych meds!!!KY is gonna be sorry they ever took the meds from the "CRAZIES" LMAO!!!
Rational Guy

Owensboro, KY

#5 Aug 3, 2012
So you can drink and take your Meds legally, but not pot which does not enhance the Meds. Stupid Law.
HAA

Cadiz, KY

#6 Aug 3, 2012
why does it take so long for hillbilly lawmakers to come up with simple solutions such as this.
I say just stop making the shit
goog

United States

#7 Aug 3, 2012
This is pointless. Yes abuse of prescription meds is bad, but most pill heads know how to get the pills out of their system hell i have had friends in the past abuse pain meds daily and be on probation and get random test. He never failed a one. I am a firm believer in drug testing the men and women on welfare. But i also disagree with doctors prescribing pain meds because most of the meds that are being perscribed only prolong the pain and in some cases do more harm than good to the patient wether or not he is going by the instruction on the bottol
Anon

Louisville, KY

#8 Aug 3, 2012
woody wrote:
Great news the KY HB 1 which was created to stop abuse of pain medication has passed and is effective now. There are many changes that keep drugs off our streets. One I like require doctors to do a urine drug test for legal or illegal drugs. Now if we can get them to pass this law on to all the welfare receiopants would help this drug issue!
Here's the Law:
The physician shall obtain and document a baseline urine drug screen to determine whether the medications that are being prescribed are in the patient's system and to determine whether any un-prescribed or illegal controlled substances are in the patient's system. Random urine screens in the course of treatment are also stipulated.
So you have a link that says they are drug testing? None of the media coverage mentions that part. I am at work and don't have time to read the entire bill.
duh

Ankeny, IA

#9 Aug 3, 2012
dr.s have been drug testing for years it's just now become a law to cover the governments ass
Anon

Louisville, KY

#10 Aug 3, 2012
I didn't read the entire bill, but I did read the summary. Nowhere does it say drug testing is being implemented. If drug testing were required, it would be a huge media story. I think the op needs to do some more research.
woody

Murray, KY

#11 Aug 3, 2012
Here's a ccuple of links:

Read it on page 11 and 19 about random urine tests and pill counts from 201 KAR 9:260
http://www.kbml.ky.gov/NR/rdonlyres/77B72CBB-...

Here's it discussed in the media:
http://boards.medscape.com/forums... @8.XHKmaFGmgLZ@.2a339438!comme nt=1
woody

Murray, KY

#12 Aug 3, 2012
Here's the second link again http://boards.medscape.com/forums... @8.XHKmaFGmgLZ@.2a339438!comme nt=1
woody

Murray, KY

#13 Aug 3, 2012
ok the second link won't post correctly online. so do a google search for the heading of the media article

Kentucky House Bill 1: Controlled Substance Regulations, Perhaps Nationally Next?
hmmmmmm

Wolcottville, IN

#14 Aug 3, 2012
woody wrote:
Here's a ccuple of links:
Read it on page 11 and 19 about random urine tests and pill counts from 201 KAR 9:260
http://www.kbml.ky.gov/NR/rdonlyres/77B72CBB-...
Here's it discussed in the media:
http://boards.medscape.com/forums... @8.XHKmaFGmgLZ@.2a339438!comme nt=1
do you leave notes in peoples vehicles?
lil info

United States

#15 Aug 6, 2012
The legit treating drs have been doing these practices long before this law ever came into play. Don't categorize all ppl in a group when they follow the rules.
Just wondering

Benton, KY

#16 Aug 6, 2012
HAA wrote:
why does it take so long for hillbilly lawmakers to come up with simple solutions such as this.
I say just stop making the shit
You think this is a simple solution... Wait until you see the outcome, better start locking those doors. Have you EVER been around a mentally ill patient without their meds? Just sayin" this law is stupid wait & see what happens to the overcrowding of jails & hospitals... You think Aurora Colorado was bad seriously this could be a lot worse!!!
Shocked

Irving, TX

#17 Aug 9, 2012
Where is a list of the drugs that fall into this category ?
Like prescribed Ibuprofen 400 mgs?
Or Ambien sleep aid?
Dead beat

Sarasota, FL

#18 Aug 9, 2012
Shocked wrote:
Where is a list of the drugs that fall into this category ?
Like prescribed Ibuprofen 400 mgs?
Or Ambien sleep aid?
. I work in doctors office and it pertains to controlled drugs like pain meds. A urine test is required and random pill counts if your short of pills them your reported or you say someone stole them then it must be reported to cops.
Bull

Owensboro, KY

#19 Aug 9, 2012
That's nice so now us hard working tax payers can pay for their pills and another text along with it, let's take them to pattis along with their food stamps to
Yeh

Pontiac, IL

#20 Aug 10, 2012
Only people who are abusers/dealers will have a problem with this. I think the new laws are great.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Benton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Harley Alexander 24 min wondering 1
Alli Ford 1 hr 52htpm 2
Heather Estes 1 hr Not an idiot 7
Jay Dunnigan 2 hr Just saying 2
New middle school 4 hr benton parent 2
Chong's or August Moon 5 hr Rick 2
McDonald's or Wendy's 5 hr Rick 3

Winter Storm Watch for Marshall County was issued at March 02 at 4:22PM EST

Benton Dating
Find my Match