Comments
1 - 15 of 15 Comments Last updated Nov 7, 2012
Yourright

United States

#4 Aug 10, 2011
You are wrong . The child did not run out in front of the bus driver she was not paying attintion and wad not using her air break . I have talked to several peopke that knows about this and she was pulled off the bus for a month or so and she is back driving again this year . All this happened some time last school year . Not sure where this happened at but it did happen.
Justasking

United States

#5 Aug 11, 2011
If this is true and the bus driver did almost run over a child then why are they still driving a bus . This makes no since what so ever . Is the school system hurting for bus drivers that bad that they have to pit the kids in danger . The parents of the kids in this school system need to be asking questions and finding out if this did happen before a child does khet hurt or even worse killed.
Disgruntled

Pontiac, IL

#6 Aug 11, 2011
OK, then the next time you "almost" have a wreck, park your car because you obviously aren't qualified to drive! Did they run over a child? In your words, no. BIG difference between "almost" and "did." Just praise God the kid wasn't hurt, chalk it up as experience and move on.
Justasking

Elgin, TX

#7 Aug 11, 2011
Well i bet if this happened to your vhild you wouldn't get over it . But ok lets just move on and the next time this happens then it may not be a almost it may be a child WAS killed by a bus . So just let them keep driving and dont't worry about it . Sounds to me like you may be the dumb ass that ALMOST killed a child by a bus .
Think About it

Murray, KY

#8 Aug 11, 2011
Looks like the school is putting themselves up for a big liability case. If this busdriver, almost or does have another accident then it should have been the schools responsiblity to remove that bus driver after the first accident.
Justasking

Ankeny, IA

#9 Aug 11, 2011
I agree with u 100% . But there is no amount of money that could replace a child live over the school board being this silly and letting the driver still drive .
Brittney

Ankeny, IA

#10 Aug 11, 2011
Maybe you should drive a bus with that many kids yelling and screaming and see how well you do.. I am not a bus driver but I know many of them that drive for Marshall County and I know that if the child was almost ran over it was an accident. You are making out like this person did it on purpose! I totally agree with Disgruntled! Everyone has had or almost had an accident.. Yes I would be upset if it was my child but you also think you need to think about the bus driver and how she feels! Maybe we should not try to start a bunch of stuff over this didnt you say this was last year? I think it is time to get over it and if you are concerned make sure you are out with your child and make sure they are far enough from the road that they cant get ran over!
Disgruntled

Pontiac, IL

#11 Aug 12, 2011
What were the details? You said the bus driver wasn't using their "air break." (BTW...it's "brake") Did the kid run behind the bus? In front of the bus? Get off the bus and not look? Did the driver's food slip off the brake? Details! If you don't think accidents "almost" happen quite often, you don't know crap. Yes, it would have been horrendous for a child to get ran over (happened in Mayfield a couple of years ago), but ALMOST having an accident is no reason to fire anyone. I do know Danny Davis and I would bet money that if something ALMOST happened there was some additional training involved with the driver, but you can't fire for ALMOST.
hmm

Ankeny, IA

#12 Aug 12, 2011
Seems funny to me that one school in marshall county has 2 of their buses that have routes very close together. Meaning bus #1 could help out bus#2 because bus#2 is so crowded but she(bus#1) is so worried about getting home EARLY that she lets bus#2 deal with a bus full (I MEAN FULL) of kids and to me that is endangering the lives of our children. if i was the bus garage i would say to bus#1 you need to take some of the kids off bus#2 and put them on your bus because this bus#2 is too crowded but bus#1 has danny davis wrapped around her little pinkie and he does exactly what she says and doesnt like to make her mad.
Justasking

United States

#13 Aug 13, 2011
Yes it was the brake and as far as I know but dont get me wrong i do not go to school there for i don't ride a bus but if i ever seen or heard of a bus driver having their (food) on the brake and not their foot i would hope like hell they would be fired . So before u go and try to be a smart ass about how i spelled something make sure u spell shit right .
Disgruntled wrote:
What were the details? You said the bus driver wasn't using their "air break." (BTW...it's "brake") Did the kid run behind the bus? In front of the bus? Get off the bus and not look? Did the driver's food slip off the brake? Details! If you don't think accidents "almost" happen quite often, you don't know crap. Yes, it would have been horrendous for a child to get ran over (happened in Mayfield a couple of years ago), but ALMOST having an accident is no reason to fire anyone. I do know Danny Davis and I would bet money that if something ALMOST happened there was some additional training involved with the driver, but you can't fire for ALMOST.
Disgruntled

Pontiac, IL

#14 Aug 13, 2011
i'm sorry you felt that I was picking on you for your spelling. I wasn't. Just wanted to point it out so you wouldn't sound so ignorant next time.
And it sounds like you are still in school. Sorry, but I don't take driving opinions from students. Get a license, drive about 35 years, then you are caught up with me and we can discuss it.
Justasking

Ankeny, IA

#15 Aug 14, 2011
I am not in school but i do have a child in school and that is what this is about ! A bus driver from Marshall County and the children that go to Marshall County if we don't take care of them it dont sound like the school board will . I bet that the child that this happened to was more than likley not on a sport team or a cheeleader because if that had of been more than likley the bus driver would have been gone that day!
Disgruntled wrote:
i'm sorry you felt that I was picking on you for your spelling. I wasn't. Just wanted to point it out so you wouldn't sound so ignorant next time.
And it sounds like you are still in school. Sorry, but I don't take driving opinions from students. Get a license, drive about 35 years, then you are caught up with me and we can discuss it.
just saying

Owensboro, KY

#16 Nov 7, 2012
how about the bus drivers this year with the new boss? Whatcha think?
cbd

Owensboro, KY

#17 Nov 7, 2012
I think they are all doing a great job. Noticed some changing around this year. Seems to still need some more cleaning out and rearranging though.
Ohmy

Roscoe, IL

#18 Nov 7, 2012
I am more worried about the education you people received! There is such thing as spell check, dictionaries, and punctuation.
Back on the subject, thank God no child was harmed.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Benton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 3 min Southern Horde 1,414
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min Commietator 151,224
Two candidates for county judge 56 min jax 72
benton walmart 56 min curious 1
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 1 hr Advertisment 26,226
Cracker Barrel in Calvert City (Aug '11) 3 hr Good Friend 14
Can Drew handle surging Cocke? 3 hr butter 7
Donnie Duke (bird-dog) 8 hr Friend of Bird 41
"Improper Contact" by Trooper Thu B-Wise 5
•••
•••
•••

Benton Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••