How far does your ex have to be in Ch...

How far does your ex have to be in Child Support

Posted in the Benton Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Info needed

Madisonville, KY

#1 Apr 13, 2012
Just wondering if anyone could possibly help me out. I have called the local office and they are so busy I can never really talk to anyone. Last year I started getting child support for my little girl from my ex husband, however he has not paid in quiet sometime now. What is the limit on how far behind he must be before I can take him back to court? Does anyone know?
anon

Benton, KY

#2 Apr 13, 2012
Info needed wrote:
Just wondering if anyone could possibly help me out. I have called the local office and they are so busy I can never really talk to anyone. Last year I started getting child support for my little girl from my ex husband, however he has not paid in quiet sometime now. What is the limit on how far behind he must be before I can take him back to court? Does anyone know?
1000$ or complete nonpayment for 6 months whichever comes first
Info needed

Madisonville, KY

#3 Apr 13, 2012
He is over $1300 so that answers my question. Thank You
lettinyaknow

Calhoun, KY

#4 Apr 13, 2012
don't count on help from local office. Mine is in the thousands behind around $50,000.00 and no help yet! been trying for years!
Advise

Somerset, KY

#5 Apr 13, 2012
Don't give up. Get a lawyer.
me too

Valdosta, GA

#6 Apr 13, 2012
The child support office will never return a phone call! I have been trying to get my child's father wages garnished for 2 months and they won't do it when they already have the info but when they are 1000$ behind you can sign an affidavit and they will be arrested! That's what I did! And if they keep it up it's a felony!
Info needed

Madisonville, KY

#7 Apr 13, 2012
Thank You for the info, I will be going up there next week because he is $1300 behind.
help

Springfield, MO

#8 Apr 15, 2012
the child support laws have changed it is now a civil suit you have to take them to court and sue them for it
IMO

Frankfort, KY

#9 Apr 15, 2012
Child Support Enforcement Office is a bunch of baloney! They can't get my ex husband to pay and its been going on for 9 years. I really don't understand why they even set up a program that does not work!
me too

Tishomingo, MS

#10 Apr 15, 2012
help wrote:
the child support laws have changed it is now a civil suit you have to take them to court and sue them for it
This is not true. Unless it changed since summer. And if u take it to court yourself it will get done faster. If you do not take them yourself before your child is an adult they can take the parent to court to get it.
try

Paducah, KY

#11 Apr 16, 2012
Call Jane Osborne in Paducah. She use to run the Paducah office but quit because of all the bull surrounded by the cs enforcement. She will take on most cases on the bases that if she is able to collect she get a portion, if not you pay nothing. The consult is free so you have nothing to lose.
help

Springfield, MO

#12 Apr 16, 2012
it is true unless you can get them grandfathered in it is up to you to take them to court get child support obviously you haven't been listening to the news
me too

Murray, KY

#13 Apr 16, 2012
help wrote:
it is true unless you can get them grandfathered in it is up to you to take them to court get child support obviously you haven't been listening to the news
And obviously your a bitch. No I don't watch the news because I am working 50 hrs a week to support my baby because his father can't pay his shit. Have a nice day!:D ps you pos parents can pay you cs with credit cards now!!!
Betty

Richmond, KY

#14 Apr 16, 2012
Info needed wrote:
Just wondering if anyone could possibly help me out. I have called the local office and they are so busy I can never really talk to anyone. Last year I started getting child support for my little girl from my ex husband, however he has not paid in quiet sometime now. What is the limit on how far behind he must be before I can take him back to court? Does anyone know?
You were unlucky like me and married a real winner. Geesh.. There's lots of loser dudes out there. He has to be pretty far behind but you need to go report it now so they can keep up with it and let him know you turned his butt in. Good luck and don't do like me and listen to your ex when they promise to pay if you'll just give em time. They lie....
help

Springfield, MO

#15 Apr 17, 2012
this is to me too your the one that posted it was not true before you say stupid sh*t like that check and see before you post and yes you can pay by credit card but you have to take it upon yourself now instead of the courts before you can get child support from your dead beat daddy and it is a civil suit and no longer has jail time unless it is before they started the new laws personally I think they screwed up they should have put child support and visitation both together if you want to see your kid you pay your support if you want your support then you let them see their kid or sign your rights over so he or she can find someone that will support the child I believe this would stop alot of the bs that goes on on both sides
me too

Valdosta, GA

#16 Apr 17, 2012
help wrote:
this is to me too your the one that posted it was not true before you say stupid sh*t like that check and see before you post and yes you can pay by credit card but you have to take it upon yourself now instead of the courts before you can get child support from your dead beat daddy and it is a civil suit and no longer has jail time unless it is before they started the new laws personally I think they screwed up they should have put child support and visitation both together if you want to see your kid you pay your support if you want your support then you let them see their kid or sign your rights over so he or she can find someone that will support the child I believe this would stop alot of the bs that goes on on both sides
Well I guess our situation is grandfathered in... But no one at cs has told me that anything has changed. All I know is they are looking to send him to jail when they find him. And maybe your smart after all my child is a privilege not a right! But the court doesn't get it. They would take him from me if I didn't take care of him. The whole system is dumb!
help

Springfield, MO

#17 Apr 18, 2012
I agree it is dumb and the only ones to change it is us and the judges
No Help

Hahira, GA

#18 Apr 19, 2012
I have written a letter to the Frankfort office, Govenor, Lt. Govenor, Senator, State Rep, Jeff Edwards, and also sent a copy to the local office. About a month ago I received a letter in the mail telling me they have placed my case "inactive" due to not being able to locate a current address for him! I haven't received a payment seance November 2009! Supposedly he has a warrant for his arrest and it's linked to the NCIC data base but I think they are all full of crap! I think it's because he has family with a law degree that he is getting away with this mess! It really ticks me off cause I have seen pictures of him on his Harley, and all his 4-wheelers, and taking vacations but yet he can't pay child support! WTF! I didn't make the child by myself but yet he gets off scot free!!!
IMO

Frankfort, KY

#19 Apr 20, 2012
The child support office are dumb! I know exactly how to get my ex hubby but the CSO does not. Its been going on 9 years. They had him in court last summer but dismissed his case because those idiots didn't do paperwork right. I have not gotten any payments because of their stupidity.
trying to help

Prattville, AL

#20 Apr 20, 2012
go sit at the office till you talk to someone. they are very few peoplethat deals with tons of kids. continue to press the issue and try to give current address of your ex. its with 3or 5 times that they go to jail that it turns to a felony charge. continue to press the issue everyday or call the main office in Frankfort

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Benton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jay riley sure does like em young 33 min Crip 14
dui attorney fair price 50 min Atty 3
give 911 to state police 53 min Car 54 6
Arrests made in May case 1 hr Kids get real 15
Tim King 1 hr haha 10
J's Steakhouse 2 hr tooth paste 38
Champion mobile homes job 2 hr excited 41
Boys basketball coach gets the axe 3 hr lovett 54

Benton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Benton Mortgages