Marshall Co Hospital

Posted in the Benton Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Have a nice Day

Mayfield, KY

#1 Mar 16, 2012
Is it a good place to work?
travesty

United States

#2 Mar 17, 2012
Pretty new building, same lousy care!
disagree

Owensboro, KY

#3 Mar 17, 2012
travesty wrote:
Pretty new building, same lousy care!
I completely disagree, unfortunately I have had to be in some of our most prestigious hospitals, but the care I received at our local hospital was the best. It is not intended to be specialized in complicated cases, but the personal care you receive is excellant. It is a well managed, well staffed county hospital and we are indeed fortunate to have it.
Herbea

Byron, GA

#4 Mar 17, 2012
Keep health care local. That's what's up.
curious

Owensboro, KY

#5 Mar 21, 2012
Herbea wrote:
Keep health care local. That's what's up.
I took my wife there with food poisoning 2am. weak and had to be supported.the homosapien sitting behind desk threw a clipboard up in window an said fill out papers and went back to seperating greeting cards and envelopes. DIDNT offer to help me or take my wife back to get help.worked in medical field for years and have never-ever seen that level of unprofessional behavior.one word describes them "pitiful"
MeMyselfAndI

Belton, KY

#6 Mar 21, 2012
I had to go there with the flu while pregnant-even put on the paper how far along I was. When they started meds through my iv I asked if it was safe while pregnant & she looked at me like I was nuts. Had no idea I was pregnant. Another time I went for what felt like an UTI. Gave a urine sample & sat for 3 hours. Nurse came in & said they lost my urine in the lab & that it would be a little bit longer (couldn't just get another sample, which I offered?!?). Finally another HOUR later the doctor came in (first time finally seeing him) & told me it was a UTI & gave me a pill & wrote a Rx. Got home & passed a kidney stone & was perfectly fine. I was pregnant on this occasion also. I did NOT have a UTI & they lied to me & prescribed me an unnecessary antibiotic. My mom is an ER nurse & is shocked at the practices of this hospital overall..
toool

Washington, DC

#7 Mar 21, 2012
Er for flu and a uti? Totally stupid. Why not go to your physician? Maybe because they require payment up front? Guessing you probably skipped out in that billl
IBJAMN

Murray, KY

#8 Mar 21, 2012
Got an xray that cost 380 bucks...funny at crrawfor and lungburd in paducah it's 37. i go elsewere
Noturordinary

United States

#9 Mar 21, 2012
I like most of the staff but I do not care for that hospital! I have gone for appendicitis before, and it took them 4 HOURS to take my vitals! Now granted this was years ago, but I've gone recently for asthma attacks, and instead of getting me to where I can breath first so I CAN talk they want paper work filled out and questions about insurance answered! If its major I go to Murray, if it's minor I will go to marshall. Not to offend anyone but benton is called a band aid station for a reason!
John

Murray, KY

#10 Mar 21, 2012
I went there 3 times in 1 week with bad arm and shoulder pain and did x-rays and could not fine nothing and 2 days later ended up in Lourdes hospital with MRSA that i think i got from Benton hospital . Was in Lourdes 10 days and because of workers comp took almost 3 months to find out that i had fractured my sternum , fractured the top left rib and dislocated by clavicle from were it sits on top of the sternum .
great care

Benton, KY

#11 Mar 22, 2012
In the last year of my Grandfathers life he was in Western Baptist, Vanderbilt and Marshall County Hospital. He had the most caring and hard working nurses at Marshall County Hospital by far. It seems like most the bad experiences expressed on here are from ER patients. ER means Emergency Room why would you go there for a UTI, Flu symptoms or arm pain? Go to you regular Dr. At Marshall County they treat the worse Patients first so I think a UTI would be at the end of my list to. And John your story seems a little fishy!!
MeMyselfAndI

Belton, KY

#12 Mar 22, 2012
toool wrote:
Er for flu and a uti? Totally stupid. Why not go to your physician? Maybe because they require payment up front? Guessing you probably skipped out in that billl
Wow, assume much? Guy or girl? Guessing you've never been pregnant & therefore don't understand the danger of being dehydrated while pregnant. I needed iv fluids-something you can't get at a physicians office. It was the stomach flu. You know, throwing up every hour, can't keep anything down. Do you know how dangerous that is to your growing baby? I tried getting better on my own for a full 24 hours. I did what my physician would have had me do anyway. I needed fluids before anything happened to my baby so I went to the ER-the only place they will give you iv fluids (it was also about 3 in the morning..). As for the UTI-I have had them before & would generally see my physician, but it was the weekend. The feeling hit friday afternoon & I finally went Saturday night. Also something you should treat right away while pregnant. Both times my physician said I was right for going (see, being pregnant I DID see a doctor on a regular basis-the kind you have to pay upfront!). And my bills are paid in full, were as soon as they were sent to me, thanks.
MeMyselfAndI

Belton, KY

#13 Mar 22, 2012
great care wrote:
In the last year of my Grandfathers life he was in Western Baptist, Vanderbilt and Marshall County Hospital. He had the most caring and hard working nurses at Marshall County Hospital by far. It seems like most the bad experiences expressed on here are from ER patients. ER means Emergency Room why would you go there for a UTI, Flu symptoms or arm pain? Go to you regular Dr. At Marshall County they treat the worse Patients first so I think a UTI would be at the end of my list to. And John your story seems a little fishy!!
Yes, I understand what an ER is, as I stated my mother is an ER nurse. I understand waiting and am fine with that. When there is hardly anybody else there, however, and I am in a room but don't see a doctor for over 3 hours, something is going on. And loosing my sample in the lab, then lying about what I have and prescribing something that is completely unnecessary is absolutely unethical. At ANY ER they treat the worse patients first. Perfectly fine, and I would be mad if they had treated me first. It's really just the ER I have a problem with. I have lived in other small towns with "band aid station" hospitals and their ERs were much better. On the other side, I have had surgery there and received excellent care, and my daughter has been hospaltalized there with excellent care.
doc

Washington, DC

#14 Mar 22, 2012
The nurses are fine as hell!!
stay away

Washington, DC

#15 Mar 22, 2012
The front office is horrible they will screw their workers any way they can. When they know your down they kick you harder! Poor women that worked there for years was in the hospital with cancer about to die and they fire her and canceled her insurance... I got out before they could screw me. Feel sorry for anyone that has to work in the hell hole. If u don't blow them your screwed !!
stay away

Washington, DC

#16 Mar 22, 2012
And Jenny lee (HR) will stab you in the back as soon as she can.
fyi

Washington, DC

#17 Mar 22, 2012
stay away wrote:
The front office is horrible they will screw their workers any way they can. When they know your down they kick you harder! Poor women that worked there for years was in the hospital with cancer about to die and they fire her and canceled her insurance... I got out before they could screw me. Feel sorry for anyone that has to work in the hell hole. If u don't blow them your screwed !!
smart move for the hospital and the workers. Doesnt seem like it, but was the best move for the sick employee as well. Take a course in labor laws. This is where most people can not separate christian beliefs, and business fundamentals. To receive long term disability, the lady had to be terminated.
toool

Washington, DC

#18 Mar 22, 2012
MeMyselfAndI wrote:
<quoted text>Wow, assume much? Guy or girl? Guessing you've never been pregnant & therefore don't understand the danger of being dehydrated while pregnant. I needed iv fluids-something you can't get at a physicians office. It was the stomach flu. You know, throwing up every hour, can't keep anything down. Do you know how dangerous that is to your growing baby? I tried getting better on my own for a full 24 hours. I did what my physician would have had me do anyway. I needed fluids before anything happened to my baby so I went to the ER-the only place they will give you iv fluids (it was also about 3 in the morning..). As for the UTI-I have had them before & would generally see my physician, but it was the weekend. The feeling hit friday afternoon & I finally went Saturday night. Also something you should treat right away while pregnant. Both times my physician said I was right for going (see, being pregnant I DID see a doctor on a regular basis-the kind you have to pay upfront!). And my bills are paid in full, were as soon as they were sent to me, thanks.
kudos to you for wasting valueable er personnels time and running up unnescessary bills. Er's are not doctors offices. If you've ever had a uti, you know what they are. One call to the gyno and meds will be waiting at the pharmacy. Stomach flu. Pedialite and gatorade will surfice till monday. Of course your told it was the right thing. Drs dont want to lose business.
anon

Murray, KY

#19 Mar 22, 2012
I had a great experience with mch when my daughter was sick. I fought with Murray for 10 days because she ran a constant fever and had already had her full dose of tamiflu and was still running a fever. She wasn't eating at all. I finally got fed up and took her to the er in Benton. It took them 15 minutes to tell me she had pneumonia and needed to be in the hospital. The er nurses were fabulous with her. The nurses in the hospital were awesome. They brought her a wii to play with. The cooks cooked something she would eat the whole time she was in there and if she didn't like something they fixed her something else. I say that in my case Murray dropped the ball. I was calling them every other day, she had been to the dr at primary care 2 times. They ignored her and pushed her through like she was cattle. She was having hallucinations from her fevers getting high, they told her she was dreaming. They didn't listen they were inattentive. Benton was absolutely fabulous and I would take my daughter there again.
John

Murray, KY

#20 Mar 22, 2012
great care wrote:
In the last year of my Grandfathers life he was in Western Baptist, Vanderbilt and Marshall County Hospital. He had the most caring and hard working nurses at Marshall County Hospital by far. It seems like most the bad experiences expressed on here are from ER patients. ER means Emergency Room why would you go there for a UTI, Flu symptoms or arm pain? Go to you regular Dr. At Marshall County they treat the worse Patients first so I think a UTI would be at the end of my list to. And John your story seems a little fishy!!
Why would you say my story sounded fishy , that is what happened , alot of cases of MRSA are contacted in hospitals and they did x-rays and did not find my severly broken shoulder and after i got out of Lourdes because of the workers comp system it took almost 3 months to find out what was wrong with it because they take 2 or 3 weeks at least just to set up a doctors appointment and then 1 month or more to set up a MRI and then the MRI was done wrong and they didnt go far enuff down my shoulder to find the injury so they took 2 or 3 more weeks to schedule a cat-scan and finally found out was wrong with my shoulder almost 3 months after i broke it .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Benton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cheryl Fennel 4 hr John 8
county judge ex 4 hr Miller time 68
Walston's 4 hr pissed off customer 6
we need alcohol sales in marshall co 13 hr West 23
Marshall County Snitches (May '11) Wed neon 226
cvs - benton Wed Tom 24
divorce lawyer Tue Win Your Case 18
Benton Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Benton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:31 pm PST

NBC Sports12:31PM
Source: Browns interview former Rams coach Mike Martz
NBC Sports 3:14 AM
Rams won't get chance to interview Rob Chudzinski or Alex Van Pelt
Bleacher Report 6:15 PM
Why the St. Louis Rams Must Draft Dorial Green-Beckham
NBC Sports 8:37 AM
Nathaniel Hackett interviewing for Rams offensive coordinator on Thursday
Yahoo! Sports 8:12 AM
The lure of LA for the NFL - mirage or 'must do'?