Familyman

Pontiac, IL

#22 Sep 18, 2012
Let me get this straight. He asked for forgiveness.(meaning: "He did it" or he wouldn't need forgivness. CORRECT?) So, if we admit to a "wrong doing" we are automatically forgiven and all is well with the world? Haha Let me ask you this "If" you or your wife admitted to doing what he did (and yes he admitted it) you or she would be forgiven? My wife is a very forgiving woman but somehow I don't see her forgiving me. In time this family MIGHT overcome this SIN. To know your spouse has "fondled" another man or woman is heartbreakimg but to know that they did so to a handicapped person who is "Helpless" has to be more than I can imagine. These families BOTH need our prayers. Only those involved and God know the truth.
blame it on the alcohol

United States

#23 Sep 18, 2012
Seriously folks....the great christians of Marshall County say drinking is a sin and all drinkers are going to hell BUT forgives a youth minister of sexual battery???????? COME ON PEOPLE
hmmm

Adel, GA

#24 Sep 18, 2012
Eli wrote:
Dwayne went before the Hardin congregation Sunday morning confessing his wrong doing and asking for the prayers and forgiveness of his brethren as well as being forgiven of God. He has hurt his wife and sons deeply and this will take time to heal but he showed true remorse and sorrow for his actions. Our hope is that his employer, the US Postal Service will know this man is truly penitent and will not dismiss him from his job as a rural carrier. If you see him, please lend him your encouragement. He is a good person from a very fine family who erred. Who of us has not ?
Or maybe he's just sorry he got caught? Sorry, religion is being used as a crutch in this, or so it seems. You want to know why Christians take a beating in the media and by the public? It's crap like this sob story he told his church and people like you wanting everyone to forget about it. Churches and religious zealots are quick to point out the sins of the worldly folk, but are damn quicker on asking for forgiveness when they are busted doing what they condemn others for doing. Asking forgiveness on Sunday morning does not make a wrong a right. I feel sorry for his wife and kids!
Eagle

Central City, KY

#25 Sep 18, 2012
Eli wrote:
Dwayne went before the Hardin congregation Sunday morning confessing his wrong doing and asking for the prayers and forgiveness of his brethren as well as being forgiven of God. He has hurt his wife and sons deeply and this will take time to heal but he showed true remorse and sorrow for his actions. Our hope is that his employer, the US Postal Service will know this man is truly penitent and will not dismiss him from his job as a rural carrier. If you see him, please lend him your encouragement. He is a good person from a very fine family who erred. Who of us has not ?
You must not know much about the rules of US Postal Service.First thing is you never enter a patron's home.So why do you think they should let him retain his job.Face it he just got caught like so many that hide behind the pulpit.
Excuses Excuses

Baldwin City, KS

#26 Sep 19, 2012
It will be ok. He asked for forgiveness and the Church will give big money for his criminal defense just like they did for Barlow. Evidently Sex Offenses are no big deal with the C of C. Churches finacial records are public since they are tax exempt, check it out. You may be suprised what you find.
Vic

United States

#27 Sep 19, 2012
Prayers for the victim!
Gods Word Never Fails

Hahira, GA

#28 Sep 19, 2012
I do not know anything about this church, but I do know that there is forgiveness in Christ! I do not agree with this mans choices, if indeed he is guilty, only he, God, and the supposed victim know what happened. I do know that it is Scriptural when a church leader/pastor falls in sin, that they must go before the congregation, confess their sins, and seek not only forgiveness, but a "start" to the process of "RESTORATION!" We as Christians are the only religion in the world that "shoots" our wounded. We should not "condone" this brother's failure, but at the same time, if he is earnestly seeking forgiveness, the church is called to be there to offer a pathway to healing and restoration for all involved! Should this man be returned to the pulpit immediately, of course not! But there must be a bridge offered for healing and restoration for all involved, not judgement and condemnation!
“The liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free.”
— Galatians 5:1
This “liberty” makes us free to heaven’s charter—the Bible. Here is a choice passage, believer,“When thou passest through the rivers, I will be with thee.” You are free to that. Here is another:“The mountains shall depart, and the hills be removed, but my kindness shall not depart from thee”; you are free to that. You are a welcome guest at the table of the promises. Scripture is a never-failing treasury filled with boundless stores of grace. It is the bank of heaven; you may draw from it as much as you please, without let or hindrance. Come in faith and you are welcome to all covenant blessings. There is not a promise in the Word which shall be withheld. In the depths of tribulations let this freedom comfort you; amidst waves of distress let it cheer you; when sorrows surround thee let it be thy solace. This is thy Father’s love-token; thou art free to it at all times. Thou art also free to the throne of grace. It is the believer’s privilege to have access at all times to his heavenly Father. Whatever our desires, our difficulties, our wants, we are at liberty to spread all before him. It matters not how much we may have sinned, we may ask and expect pardon. It signifies nothing how poor we are, we may plead his promise that he will provide all things needful. We have permission to approach his throne at all times—in midnight’s darkest hour, or in noontide’s most burning heat. Exercise thy right, O believer, and live up to thy privilege. Thou art free to all that is treasured up in Christ—wisdom, righteousness, sanctification, and redemption. It matters not what thy need is, for there is fulness of supply in Christ, and it is there for thee. O what a “freedom” is thine! freedom from condemnation, freedom to the promises, freedom to the throne of grace, and at last freedom to enter heaven!
Spurgeon, C. H.(2006). Morning and evening: Daily readings (Complete and unabridged; New modern edition.). Peabody, MA: Hendrickson Publishers.
absolute

Baldwin City, KS

#29 Sep 19, 2012
I agree that God does forgive without exception however while we are in this world we must follow mans rules also thus is where judgement is passed and penalties are imposed by men. This is necessary for order. I however do not agree that a person can break any law that he chooses and beg for forgiveness by the church and everybody pretends its okay. I beleive you can forgive but not forget the occurence and defentialy not contribute to a defense fund for a sexual offender in a attempt to avoid punishment for the offense. I consider this contributing to the offense or at very least allowing for a future act to occur due to lack of punishment. If you are so blinded that you allow a known sexual offender around children because he said he's sorry then shame on you. God may have something to say about that also on the real judgement day.
janac

United States

#30 Sep 19, 2012
Do you have a link to check it out?
Excuses Excuses wrote:
It will be ok. He asked for forgiveness and the Church will give big money for his criminal defense just like they did for Barlow. Evidently Sex Offenses are no big deal with the C of C. Churches finacial records are public since they are tax exempt, check it out. You may be suprised what you find.
Kudos

United States

#31 Sep 19, 2012
Well said absolute
two faces

Buckner, KY

#32 Sep 19, 2012
This is a classic example of why the middle east hates us and why we will always be at war. They know we do not follow the Bible. At least they seem to follow their teachings. Now all this money spent for a sex addict. Hope you get put in the same cell as one.
Uno

Baldwin City, KS

#33 Sep 19, 2012
Have you ever thought that he might have been set up....from what I can hear it sure sounds like it...mind you he's a grown man and should have known better.
Excuses Excuses

Baldwin City, KS

#34 Sep 19, 2012
Uno that is the most disrespectful comment you could have made. A adult is responsible for their actions. Their is absolutely no way a child of any age can set you up unless you allow it.
hmmm

Adel, GA

#35 Sep 19, 2012
Uno wrote:
Have you ever thought that he might have been set up....from what I can hear it sure sounds like it...mind you he's a grown man and should have known better.
Yes, and grown men NEVER make mistakes.
freaked out

Chicago, IL

#36 Sep 19, 2012
He has entered my house before while no one was there. I was freaked out that he had done that. Next time he came up to house, he did tell me that he came in & hoped that was ok. Another time he came up to the door & I didn't answer the door because I didn't want to deal with him. I noticed I never heard a door close so I went & looked. He was walking around my yard looking and the went to the garage that's across the driveway & pissed in my yard!!!! Another time one of my packages was lost & I called PO & I had to give call back #. They gave it to him and after the package was taken care of & delivered he kept calling my phone but I wouldn't answer. He has always freaked me out!!!! So with all that being said, I do believe what he is being accused of.
Enquirer

Pontiac, IL

#37 Sep 19, 2012
Excuses Excuses wrote:
Uno that is the most disrespectful comment you could have made. A adult is responsible for their actions. Their is absolutely no way a child of any age can set you up unless you allow it.
Was there a child involved in this?
Been There

Pontiac, IL

#38 Sep 19, 2012
I am a 60 year old woman now. When I was 10 years old, the pastor of my church molested me on several occassions. We were poor and he would ask my parents permission to take me shopping and out to eat. Of course they agreed, but in addition to our outing, he would take me to his house before his wife come home from work. Later, he was caught in the act of trying to rape my grandmother. Far fetched, but true. It was many years before I understood that all "Christians" aren't bad. My point...you never know what's in someone's mind.
Oh yea, he cried and was very remorseful too...
after he was caught.
hmmm

United States

#39 Sep 19, 2012
Enquirer wrote:
<quoted text>Was there a child involved in this?
Not sure but here is the charges described per KRS:
510.130 Sexual abuse in the third degree.
(1) A person is guilty of sexual abuse in the third degree when he or she subjects another person to sexual contact without the latter's consent.
(2) In any prosecution under this section, it is a defense that:
(a) The other person's lack of consent was due solely to incapacity to consent by reason of being less than sixteen (16) years old; and
(b) The other person was at least fourteen (14) years old; and
(c) The actor was less than eighteen (18) years old.
(3) Sexual abuse in the third degree is a Class B misdemeanor.
Effective: July 15, 2008
History: Amended 2008 Ky. Acts ch. 72, sec. 3, effective July 15, 2008.-- Created
1974 Ky. Acts ch. 406, sec. 93, effective January 1, 1975.
Legislative Research Commission Note (7/15/2008). The numbering of subsections in this section has been altered by the Reviser of Statutes from the numbering in 2008 Ky. Acts ch. 72, sec. 3, under the authority of KRS 7.136.
On his route

United States

#40 Sep 19, 2012
I know that my all my neighbors spend the evenings walking door to door delivering mail to where it shOuld be delivered. A lot of my mail never comes too. Now I am curious as to what this man has been up too or was about to be up to.

Since: Jul 12

Benton, KY

#41 Sep 19, 2012
Been There wrote:
I am a 60 year old woman now. When I was 10 years old, the pastor of my church molested me on several occassions. We were poor and he would ask my parents permission to take me shopping and out to eat. Of course they agreed, but in addition to our outing, he would take me to his house before his wife come home from work. Later, he was caught in the act of trying to rape my grandmother. Far fetched, but true. It was many years before I understood that all "Christians" aren't bad. My point...you never know what's in someone's mind.
Oh yea, he cried and was very remorseful too...
after he was caught.
Oh goodness! I am so sorry! Did this happen locally?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Benton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's hiring in Benton? 1 hr Yup 2
Greg English Thu Nulp 8
Transgender Thu Bobby Boucher 16
Chris Garrard Wed CommonSense 6
Rachel Vinson (Jan '15) Jun 28 i heard 12
did you know Jun 27 Pumping gas 8
Jason Confer Jun 27 laughin 4

Benton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance