First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Informer

Pontiac, IL

#1 Sep 15, 2012
Marshall Co Mail Carrier Arrested for Sexual Abuse
By WestKyStar Staff

BENTON, KY - Kentucky State Police arrested 44-year-old Howard D. Oakley of Hardin Friday following an investigation by state police.
The investigation revealed that Oakley, who was a rural mail carrier for the United States Postal Service, had allegedly gone into a residence on his mail route and made inappropriate sexual contact with the resident.
An arrest warrant was issued charging Oakley with Sexual Abuse 3rd degree. Oakley was lodged in the Marshall County Detention Center on a $2,500 cash bond.
Kentucky State Police were assisted by Postal Inspector Andrew Zeman with the United States Postal Service and the investigation is on-going.
question

Trenton, TN

#2 Sep 15, 2012
Is this dwayne oakley that is a youth minister at the hardin church of christ? What did he do?

Since: Jul 12

Benton, KY

#3 Sep 16, 2012
question wrote:
Is this dwayne oakley that is a youth minister at the hardin church of christ? What did he do?
Yes it is
Christopher Coe

United States

#4 Sep 16, 2012
Dwayne was a very good friend of mine in high school and was one of the most decent people I've known. We've lost touch over the years, but he remains a friend on Facebook and from all indications is a devoted family man. As a police officer myself, I would remind everyone that he has the presumption of innocence until proven guilty.
Eli

Dunmor, KY

#5 Sep 17, 2012
Dwayne went before the Hardin congregation Sunday morning confessing his wrong doing and asking for the prayers and forgiveness of his brethren as well as being forgiven of God. He has hurt his wife and sons deeply and this will take time to heal but he showed true remorse and sorrow for his actions. Our hope is that his employer, the US Postal Service will know this man is truly penitent and will not dismiss him from his job as a rural carrier. If you see him, please lend him your encouragement. He is a good person from a very fine family who erred. Who of us has not ?

Since: Sep 12

Dunmor, KY

#6 Sep 17, 2012
Newspaper editors need to be more careful when they print a story such as this. Dwayne's father's name is Howard and the article just says 'Howard D. Oakley', giving the impression to those that do not know him (or notice the age given), that it could be the elder Oakley who was charged. This is careless and lazy journalism on the part of West Ky Star !
grouchy

Pontiac, IL

#7 Sep 17, 2012
Robert Eli wrote:
Newspaper editors need to be more careful when they print a story such as this. Dwayne's father's name is Howard and the article just says 'Howard D. Oakley', giving the impression to those that do not know him (or notice the age given), that it could be the elder Oakley who was charged. This is careless and lazy journalism on the part of West Ky Star !
They report what is given to them. They reported his FULL LEGAL NAME!!! If the readers can't READ the CORRECT age that was clearly printed that isn't their fault. If they had reported half his name then they would have been doing half their job. I commend them for delivering the CORRECT FACTS and not telling what they "think" !!!

Benton, KY

#8 Sep 17, 2012
Praying for him and his family.
TobyJo

Benton, KY

#9 Sep 17, 2012
Robert Eli wrote:
Well at least the West KY Star and the Paducah Sun reported it timely. Geez why have a online news paper...the marshall county daily and a written paper...the trib, when the news is old. No excuse for a online paper except for laziness.
MCforlife

United States

#10 Sep 18, 2012
I don't know exactly what he did. The story is a little vague but shouldn't we be praying for the victim.
Paddy Wagon

Pontiac, IL

#11 Sep 18, 2012
MCforlife wrote:
I don't know exactly what he did. The story is a little vague but shouldn't we be praying for the victim.
I assume the story is true based on his confession.
but WHAT did he do? I know preachers are human,
but get off the dang pulpit if you can't practce
what you preach! No wonder people don't like christians.
We are portrayed as hypocrites who act like we are
better than everybody else and time and time again,
we prove them right....and your right about the victim.
Paddy Wagon

Pontiac, IL

#12 Sep 18, 2012
Chachachingaling wrote:
Praying for him and his family.
As MCforlife said, what about the VICTIM,
any prayers for her/him?
janac

United States

#13 Sep 18, 2012
Well then...that makes it ok? This is sickening, as long as you ask for " forgiveness" It's ok? In your make believe world with your make believe "idol" you can do just whatever you damn well please.
Eli wrote:
Dwayne went before the Hardin congregation Sunday morning confessing his wrong doing and asking for the prayers and forgiveness of his brethren as well as being forgiven of God. He has hurt his wife and sons deeply and this will take time to heal but he showed true remorse and sorrow for his actions. Our hope is that his employer, the US Postal Service will know this man is truly penitent and will not dismiss him from his job as a rural carrier. If you see him, please lend him your encouragement. He is a good person from a very fine family who erred. Who of us has not ?
Words of Christ

United States

#14 Sep 18, 2012
"let him who has no sin cast the first stone"
growup
#15 Sep 18, 2012
dwayne is a great man and just because somebody accused him of something doesnt mean it is true! He didnt admit to anything he stepped down from being a youth minister and other positions from where he would be an example to younger christians. he needs prayer and strength to dea with this ordeal as does his family and this "victim". the only people who know the truth r him, the other person present, and God so quit judging him. He is one of the very few people I know I could trust. And regardless of the situation he is a great person he didnt physically harm anybody so just keep rude comments to yourself. NOBODY is perfect!
Perturbed

Pontiac, IL

#16 Sep 18, 2012
growup wrote:
dwayne is a great man and just because somebody accused him of something doesnt mean it is true! He didnt admit to anything he stepped down from being a youth minister and other positions from where he would be an example to younger christians. he needs prayer and strength to dea with this ordeal as does his family and this "victim". the only people who know the truth r him, the other person present, and God so quit judging him. He is one of the very few people I know I could trust. And regardless of the situation he is a great person he didnt physically harm anybody so just keep rude comments to yourself. NOBODY is perfect!
That sounded like a confession to me (Comment #5 "Eli"). However, it is not up to any of us to judge, BUT, I am perturbed that so many are asking prayer for him and totally ignoring the victim, so, can we get some prayers going for the victim?
itsme
#17 Sep 18, 2012
pray for everybody involved including law informent and people reviewing the case.... i go to church with him! just because he asks for guidance and prayer and has put it in God's hands is not saying "hey i did it"
Jess

Pontiac, IL

#18 Sep 18, 2012
itsme wrote:
pray for everybody involved including law informent and people reviewing the case.... i go to church with him! just because he asks for guidance and prayer and has put it in God's hands is not saying "hey i did it"
Dwayne went before the Hardin congregation Sunday morning CONFESSING HIS WRONG DOING and asking for the prayers and forgiveness of his brethren as well as being forgiven of God. He has hurt his wife and sons deeply and this will take time to heal but he showed true REMORSE and SORROW for his ACTIONS. Our hope is that his employer, the US Postal Service will know this man is truly PENIPENT and will not dismiss him from his job as a rural carrier. If you see him, please lend him your encouragement. He is a good person from a very fine family who ERRED. Who of us has not ?
Jess

Pontiac, IL

#19 Sep 18, 2012
My comment above is a direct quote from Eli,
comment 5. I capitalized some significant words in response to itsme.

Benton, KY

#20 Sep 18, 2012
Perturbed wrote:
<quoted text>That sounded like a confession to me (Comment #5 "Eli"). However, it is not up to any of us to judge, BUT, I am perturbed that so many are asking prayer for him and totally ignoring the victim, so, can we get some prayers going for the victim?
I agree, prayers for the victim too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Benton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Boycott tater day 1 hr Dr Feelgood 35
Do you know of a DEFINITE affair? (Dec '11) 2 hr get a life 13
Dump truck rental 7 hr White Trash Town 7
who is harley campbell? (Dec '11) 7 hr haley hicks 4
What Democrat 10 hr ETS 29
Rescue Squad unhinged 12 hr just curious 20
Hallie Riley Sat Shew 21

Benton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance