Christian Fellowship
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Need info

Kuttawa, KY

#1 Apr 14, 2012
Anyone know if this school is worth the money to send a kid there? I have two kids I'd like to start going there but I hear mixed reviews. Any info would help. Thanks!
noted

Herndon, VA

#2 Apr 15, 2012
Need info wrote:
Anyone know if this school is worth the money to send a kid there? I have two kids I'd like to start going there but I hear mixed reviews. Any info would help. Thanks!
As someone who went there...There are great teachers there, however, I do not feel it prepared me for my adult life or the outside world. Children there are very sheltered and more likely to rebel. And as a parent now, I would not send my child there. I would defiantly choose choose public and let him/her learn to deal with the daily life struggles with some you there to help coach along. So many great things are offered through public schools, especially of you are a parent willing to be involved...
A friend

Richmond, KY

#3 Apr 15, 2012
Need info wrote:
It's an excellent school with great teachers and Mr. Rowley is the best ever. Both of our children graduated there and received full rides to college and we credit much of that to CFS. You should judge for yourself though. Call and set up a visit. The school is more affordable than you think and you get a discount with two or more children.
been there

White Plains, KY

#4 Apr 16, 2012
NO...NO...NO
And Mr. Rowley is not "the best ever". Administration has the best interest of their image in mind... NOT the kids. Stay away for your kids sake. If you have to have a Christian School, look at CCA in Paducah or the one in Hardin.
Betty

Port Orange, FL

#5 Apr 16, 2012
been there wrote:
NO...NO...NO
And Mr. Rowley is not "the best ever". Administration has the best interest of their image in mind... NOT the kids. Stay away for your kids sake. If you have to have a Christian School, look at CCA in Paducah or the one in Hardin.
You must work for CCA or something. Bill Rowley is awesome and that school would do anything for their kids. They have dismissed a few bad eggs over the years and I bet this poster is one of the relatives of an egg. CFS is great don't listen to these sour grapes people. I wish everyone could send their children there. It's a blessed place.
Truth

White Plains, KY

#6 Apr 16, 2012
If you want them to experiment with drugs send them there.
Actually

United States

#7 Apr 16, 2012
90% of teenagers will experiment with drugs of some sort at least once no matter what school you send them to. A lot of kids who went to Christian Fellowship came to Marshall and they had the foulest mouths! They misbehave so much more and are more likely to rebel if they are in a private school. It sort of secludes them from the rest of the world. Your children will never learn a sense of independence if they go to Christian Fellowship, or any private school for that matter.
hank h

Richmond, KY

#8 Apr 17, 2012
Actually wrote:
90% of teenagers will experiment with drugs of some sort at least once no matter what school you send them to. A lot of kids who went to Christian Fellowship came to Marshall and they had the foulest mouths! They misbehave so much more and are more likely to rebel if they are in a private school. It sort of secludes them from the rest of the world. Your children will never learn a sense of independence if they go to Christian Fellowship, or any private school for that matter.
90%? Are you insane? The national average is like 40% and we are below that. I guess if you don't know the facts just make them up.
ABC and 123

Cadiz, KY

#9 Apr 17, 2012
Back to the original question, you should take a tour of the school and ask lots of questions. Then meet with the administrators from every other school you are considering, including where your children attend now. Every school has strengths and weakness. You just need to prayerfully consider what school is most in line with your views of education and what is best for your children. What is right for you may not be right for someone else.

been there

Adel, GA

#10 Apr 17, 2012
Betty wrote:
<quoted text>
You must work for CCA or something. Bill Rowley is awesome and that school would do anything for their kids. They have dismissed a few bad eggs over the years and I bet this poster is one of the relatives of an egg. CFS is great don't listen to these sour grapes people. I wish everyone could send their children there. It's a blessed place.
I don't work for CCA or any other school. CFS is not awesome and neither is Bill Rowley. The school has kept way too many bad eggs over the years that should have been fired, but their image didn't need the scandal in the media that would have ensued. It is easier to let the student that has been wronged suffer. I'm not sour a "sour grapes" person but I do know very well the damage the administration of CFS has done in the life of some of their former students. Have there been students that went there and have done well and think their education was adequate? Yes! BUT, the damage and pain they have wreaked on countless others makes me excited that my child is attending public school. At least if a non christian school teacher commits a non christian act the spiritual damage is less and it doesn't leave a bad taste in your mouth about God.
If you decide to send your child to CFS that is your choice, but in addition to the tuition cost you might want to set aside some cash for future professional counseling and extensive tutoring in college.
MC GIRL

Pontiac, IL

#11 Apr 17, 2012
That is one heck of a scary cult...I mean church LOL
lol

Hickory, KY

#12 Apr 17, 2012
too funny
Thanks everyone

Kuttawa, KY

#13 Apr 18, 2012
I appreciate the candid responses. It's easier to gain information when it can be done anonymously. I wasn't intending for anyone's name to be run through the mud, but it seems I'm probably going to stay away.
Former

Owensboro, KY

#14 Apr 21, 2012
I graduated from cfs I would not send my 2 kids to the school. The administration is only out for themselves to look good. They might try to make out that the kids are well educated above what public school kids are but when I went to college I struggled so much. I got discouraged and quit because the courses were to hard because I was so far behind what others knew. I was lost as an Easter egg at Christmas in college and in adult life. They do not prepare you for real life....only the rose colored one they make out life is. And yes they had as much drugs sex and gays as any other school but kept all that hush hush and teachers that abused students. When. This happens in public schools it is all over the news at cfs they keep the teacher for the rest of the year then let them go quietly as if they just moved off. Wonder what other dirt they have swept under the carpet
Mr Joshua

Richmond, KY

#15 Apr 24, 2012
Former wrote:
I graduated from cfs I would not send my 2 kids to the school. The administration is only out for themselves to look good. They might try to make out that the kids are well educated above what public school kids are but when I went to college I struggled so much. I got discouraged and quit because the courses were to hard because I was so far behind what others knew. I was lost as an Easter egg at Christmas in college and in adult life. They do not prepare you for real life....only the rose colored one they make out life is. And yes they had as much drugs sex and gays as any other school but kept all that hush hush and teachers that abused students. When. This happens in public schools it is all over the news at cfs they keep the teacher for the rest of the year then let them go quietly as if they just moved off. Wonder what other dirt they have swept under the carpet
It's easy to tell lies on Topix isn't it?
Granger

Richmond, KY

#16 Apr 24, 2012
Thanks everyone wrote:
I appreciate the candid responses. It's easier to gain information when it can be done anonymously. I wasn't intending for anyone's name to be run through the mud, but it seems I'm probably going to stay away.
I doubt you were serious about sending your kid there. Anyone who gets on Topix to help them decide something important is a fool. You were only getting on here to start trouble so well done.
not true

Calvert City, KY

#17 Apr 24, 2012
Granger wrote:
<quoted text>I doubt you were serious about sending your kid there. Anyone who gets on Topix to help them decide something important is a fool. You were only getting on here to start trouble so well done.
Actually, you are incorrect in your assumption. I wanted honest truth. You can hear all of the good points from school figureheads but they will never share the drawbacks. And with any school, private or public, yes there are drawbacks. There are serious responses from Topix, and there are true remarks here as well, I'm sure. Topix was not created to be a website full of trash and nonsense. Just because that is how it is used by some people, that is not how I choose to use it. So please accusations like yours are the reason Topix has such a bad reputation. Some people like to get information from people in the public community who do not have an agenda or a score to settle. I am one of those people.

If I had started the thread with "Name the horror stories coming out of Christian Fellowship" for example, THEN I might be wanting to stir up trouble. It was my intention to do that, and I do apologize.
not true

Calvert City, KY

#18 Apr 24, 2012
Granger wrote:
<quoted text>I doubt you were serious about sending your kid there. Anyone who gets on Topix to help them decide something important is a fool. You were only getting on here to start trouble so well done.
Also, to call someone a fool isn't exactly showing a very good Christian witness. If you're supporting the school and showing the world that kind of "Christian" witness, then that's even more of a reason that I need to steer clear. Thank you for your honesty.
Been There Done That

United States

#19 Apr 24, 2012
I sent all 3 of my children there from kindergarten to graduation. If I had it to do over again I would have sent them to a public school when they got into hs. There were something's I didn't always agree with but then I'm sure public school would have been the same. The reason for that is there are more options at a public school after all Cfs is a small private school the funds were just not there. I don't really think u can totally blame the school for the drugs it's not like the kids were in the hallway doing it or the sex I'm sure that was done off school property. I think parents should take most of the blame for that. Sometimes u do all u can do and if they want to do it they will find a way we all know that. The smartest thing anyone said on here was pray about it take a tour and you'll know what to do.
Been There Done That

United States

#20 Apr 24, 2012
It's the seed we plant and that we walk the talk with God set the example before our kids at home.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Benton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
4 Rivers Realty 50 min Brent Evans 8
Brandy Vick lol 2 hr Heartbroke in Mar... 19
River of Grace Fellowship Church (May '12) 13 hr Church Lady 26
Welfare lifers (Jul '11) 13 hr OlGranPappy 24
Christina Jordan (Jan '14) 19 hr In the know 13
What 22 hr KingKongRules 7
David & Leah Tue wow 35

Benton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance