drunk driver hit 4 college students t...

drunk driver hit 4 college students tonight

Posted in the Benton Forum

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
prayers

Boynton Beach, FL

#1 May 28, 2012
Any news?
classof96

Dunmor, KY

#2 May 28, 2012
prayers wrote:
Any news?
all 4 airlifted.
Marshall Mom

United States

#3 May 28, 2012
Are you sure they were drunk? why dont you look up marshal county daily, and get some info about the wreck. Kind of disrespectful to put this on topix, when all you are going to get is 50 different stories.
Marshall Mom

United States

#4 May 28, 2012
classof96 wrote:
<quoted text>
all 4 airlifted.
There was only 3 airlifted... see what I mean.
Any of mine

Pontiac, IL

#5 May 28, 2012
Names of injured please?
try

Paducah, KY

#6 May 28, 2012
google marshall county daily, the names of the 4 students are listed but not the other driver. I dont think topix is the place to throw names around, really its not the place to get accurate information.
Anon

Madisonville, KY

#7 May 28, 2012
It says they were hit by a drunk driver not that they were drunk...I think only 2 of the kids were air lifted and the the drunk in the other car was also airlifted http://marshallcountydaily.com/index.php...
jade

Monticello, KY

#8 May 28, 2012
Prayers for all involved!!!
curious

Kendallville, IN

#9 May 29, 2012
When was the wreck? We saw several state police in a big hurry Saturday nite, leaving Draffenville. About 9pm?

Benton, KY

#10 May 29, 2012
curious wrote:
When was the wreck? We saw several state police in a big hurry Saturday nite, leaving Draffenville. About 9pm?
The wreck was lastnight.
Disgruntled

Pontiac, IL

#11 May 29, 2012
The wreck was on 95, right about the drive in. And yes, the driver of the car was drunk. So go ahead and vote "wet." We need more drunks on the road. NOT!
douche

Owensboro, KY

#12 May 29, 2012
Disgruntled wrote:
The wreck was on 95, right about the drive in. And yes, the driver of the car was drunk. So go ahead and vote "wet." We need more drunks on the road. NOT!
if you voted wet there would be less on the road because they wouldn't have to travel to murray puryear paris etc. Logic. Use it.
:(

United States

#13 May 29, 2012
Vote wet so you can sink at home and not risk the lives of others like in this instance
:(

United States

#14 May 29, 2012
That was meant to be "drink"
commonsense

Pontiac, IL

#15 May 29, 2012
Yeah, use this incident as a platform to push your beliefs on the wet/dry vote. Hello, we are DRY right now and this still happened. How do you know the drunk driver was from Marshall county or drinking in Marshall county - you don't, because they haven't released his name. Ignorant, AND uneducated.
Little Johnny

Boynton Beach, FL

#16 May 29, 2012
So let me get this straight, a drunk driver hits four college students in a dry county, and this means we should stay dry? Not exactly logical.

Anyway, hope these kids are okay.
anon

Benton, KY

#17 May 29, 2012
If this happened and the county is dry then imagine what would happen when the county is wet. There will be more incidents like this. Alcohol makes people stupid. They don't think. They get behind the wheel and drive. This isn't going to change making the county wet. They will still drink and they will still drive. The difference is they will be sitting at home drinking and oops out of alcohol and because the liquor store is just right down the street obviously they can drive since no drunk this they're TOO drunk to drive they will just go get more.
caregiver

Calhoun, KY

#18 May 29, 2012
anon I totally agree. In 25 years of being in the medical profession I have never taken care of a alcohol related accident where someone was driving home from paducah etc. to purchase it. I take care of people who where driving home from the neighbors party, at their own house drinking and decided to go somewhere else etc. statistics show that most accidents occur the closer to home you get. The closer to home you are the more "brave" you become. No one should ever have to watch their child airlifted from the scene. I pray for all those involved and pray that Marshall County will wake up and keep our county DRY.
just wondering

Benton, KY

#19 May 29, 2012
Actually Anon, check out the statistics for Trigg county that went wet in 2009. Drunk Driving DROPPED. Domestic Assault DROPPED. These are facts according to what their sheriffs office published. And say prayers for the kids in this accident. One of them is in bad shape at Vandy. And i have heard a name by rumor for the drunk driver and can say i'm not suprised.
just wondering

Benton, KY

#20 May 29, 2012
here is the story including names involved.

http://www.wpsdlocal6.com/news/local/Five-tra...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Benton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix is nothing but bullies 2 hr God 23
Crystal Dawn and Matt 2 hr Sonny 2
106 Merrywood Drive in Benton - Wanting Info Re... 4 hr Neighborly 23
Long legged red hair girl 7 hr TightLilTim 8
The best child visitation attorney in Marshall ... (Aug '08) 7 hr YusseffJamal 45
Amanda and tony 7 hr OhHowNice 6
Randy Eason CHILD PERV. 19 hr What 15

Benton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Benton Mortgages