selfish st judes dream home winners

Posted in the Benton Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
disgusted

Pontiac, IL

#1 Aug 15, 2011
the couple that won the dream home in paducah should be ashamed to go on tv and say they are going to sell that house...they had money already...why dont they do the christian thing and donate it to a family that has a child that has cancer that are struggeling? most people who have kids that have cancer are struggeling already with doctor bills. whats a 100 dollars to those 2 that won? they can afford it....do the christian thing and do whats right. but this is marshall county.....most of them like to show off their money....remember Jesus is watching you
stringbean

Port Orange, FL

#2 Aug 15, 2011
disgusted wrote:
the couple that won the dream home in paducah should be ashamed to go on tv and say they are going to sell that house...they had money already...why dont they do the christian thing and donate it to a family that has a child that has cancer that are struggeling? most people who have kids that have cancer are struggeling already with doctor bills. whats a 100 dollars to those 2 that won? they can afford it....do the christian thing and do whats right. but this is marshall county.....most of them like to show off their money....remember Jesus is watching you
It's not ours to judge. Who knows what they will do with the money...they may have immeasurable debt or something...maybe they will donate it but would prefer to reap the glory of their good in the next life...or may be they are greedy. In any way, we have all sinned. Forgive them and make the world more positive in your own way. It'll be ok.
Grumpy

White Plains, KY

#3 Aug 15, 2011
disgusted wrote:
WOULD YOU do as you want them to do?? doubt it!! no one knows how many tickets they bought. and dont bring religion into it--christian thing to do??? THEY did what was right---they supported a charity that was for a good cause!---HOW many tickets did you buy??? AS FOR MARSHAL COUNTY--we are surrounded by other counties---pick one and leave if you dont like it here~THANK YOU!
angela

Pontiac, IL

#4 Aug 15, 2011
im not even gonna there....these people should have to live in the house, that all I got to say
disgusted

Pontiac, IL

#5 Aug 15, 2011
@grumpy
I think i'll stay around....lmao
answer

Florence, KY

#6 Aug 15, 2011
He is a two time cancer surivor himself. He might have a huge debt that he needs to payoff. Don't judge people you do not know.
silly

Port Orange, FL

#7 Aug 15, 2011
angela wrote:
im not even gonna there....these people should have to live in the house, that all I got to say
Why? People buy houses all the time to rent or resell after they fix them up. Is that a bad thing? The contest was set up so that you own the house I you win...and so it is yours todo with as you please, within zoning restrictions. Many people would do the same with winnings of other contests. Is it BAD that these people chose a contest where the proceeds go to charity instead of a large corporation's bulging pockets? Put Yourself in their shoes before you judge. Many people would not want to live in a highly restricted subdivision, but instead, want to sell so that they could use the $$ toward their OWN dream home...maybe out on the country, on family land, or in their home city near where they work, where their children go to school...y'all need real problems of your own If you have to pick at their splinters like this.
Derek

Pontiac, IL

#8 Aug 15, 2011
it is always someone with money that wins that contest. rigged
captian Jack

Springfield, MO

#9 Aug 15, 2011
Derek wrote:
Why does it matter who wins. Money goes to st Judes. I couldn't care less who wins if it help a child it's always a good thing.
cleanliness

Hickory, KY

#10 Aug 15, 2011
Of course it's always someone with money that wins..duh, not just everyone can afford to blow $100 on a ticket!
it will be ok

White Plains, KY

#11 Aug 15, 2011
disgusted wrote:
Its apparent that you don't know them very well, as stated they have supported this cause for years. They are some of the finest people on earth. What would YOU have done if you won it ? Did you buy a ticket ? I doubt it, but you just could not resist the opportunity to critcize some one, maybe even a little jealous.
One other thing, do you know how much taxes there will be on this, not counting other expenses. You owe these people an apology !

United States

#12 Aug 15, 2011
disgusted wrote:
So, if you win the lottery are you going to split the winnings? I doubt it! Is the Christian thing whining your a$$ off? No, Jesus wasn't a cry baby puss like you. So everyone that wins something has to give it up? You are in control of your density. God gives your choices and places obstacles in your path; it's up to you to make it work. I'm sure Jesus is getting sick of the whining "meek" leeches wanting a hand out in his name.
thiryone

Pontiac, IL

#13 Aug 15, 2011
The best charity to give to. I don't make a lot but i always buy a ticket and always give at christmas. I dare any of you to go down there and see what these wonderful people do to help these poor children.
Rude Ralph

Trenton, TN

#14 Aug 15, 2011
disgusted wrote:
Its Micky Sirls In-laws !!!
relax

Port Orange, FL

#15 Aug 15, 2011
Derek wrote:
It is always someone who could spare 100$$
relax

Port Orange, FL

#16 Aug 15, 2011
Rude Ralph wrote:
<quoted text>Its Micky Sirls In-laws !!!
Who cares
WK

Benton, KY

#17 Aug 15, 2011
What the hell? It's a contest. They won. They can do as they please with the prize. That's kind of like saying you shouldn't spend $300,000 if you win the lottery. St. Jude is more than happy for them to sell it - they don't care what the winner does.

For what it's worth, if I won, I'd sell it and pay off my house that I currently live in on the lake.
really

Baldwin City, KS

#18 Aug 15, 2011
there is more to it than you think. First you have to pay lot rent for the house at 300 a month you might own the house but you do not own the land! Then there is a 30% tax you have to pay on it and its a $700000 home so after you pay the tax on it of $210,000 and pay the lot rent for a minimum of one year... Thats why they now have a cash option that the paper said they would take.... So before you go running your mouth get your facts strait!
do WHAT?

Port Orange, FL

#19 Aug 15, 2011
really wrote:
there is more to it than you think. First you have to pay lot rent for the house at 300 a month you might own the house but you do not own the land! Then there is a 30% tax you have to pay on it and its a $700000 home so after you pay the tax on it of $210,000 and pay the lot rent for a minimum of one year... Thats why they now have a cash option that the paper said they would take.... So before you go running your mouth get your facts strait!
Seriously??? You gotta pay rent??? Dang! Surprises me they would build a St Jude house on a rented lot! Crazy, man!
st jude mom

Pontiac, IL

#20 Aug 15, 2011
As the parent of a child that goes to St. Jude ... I am happy for this couple.
They bought a 100.00 ticket, never dreaming they would win...but NOWHERE does it say that if you win the house and happen to have money that you donate it to a St. Jude family. They did do the Christian thing, help this awesome hospital with their donation...the un-Christian thing is getting on Topix judging and putting down the people that won it.
I assume "disgusted" that you have never sat awake all night watching your child puke from Chemo at the age of 4, that you have never brushed your childs hair only to have it all fall out in your hand, you've never had to sign papers stating you understand that you are putting poison in your childs veins in order to save their life, you have never had to watch your baby laying helpless on a radiation table, you have had to give your 4 year old shots, watch your child go thru 43 surgeries before the age of 5 and you I assume have never prayed nightly for years for your child to beat this awful disease nor have you ever had to give thanks to the wonderful place called St. Jude.
Every cent helps...us parents/patients aren't picky where the money comes from or who it comes from....we are thankful & thank God daily for such a place. St. Jude saved my child's life...had it not been for all the supporters and donations...I may not have my miracle child sitting next to me now.
We've never had to pay for gas for our trips, motels, or even our meals while there ... all because of people that believe in this hospital.
May the couple that won the home enjoy it (whatever they decide to do with it) & from a St. Jude family...thank you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Benton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Terry Hayden and his midget 8 hr BM Mayfield 1
Gilbertsville crime spree 10 hr Jane 7
Chris Garrard 12 hr Matthew 1
Haley Phillips 12 hr Haley 2
Casey Adams 13 hr girl to girl 1
Kings body shop 15 hr New kid on the block 12
amy phillips (Jan '11) 20 hr Watson 16
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Benton Mortgages