Next Last
kyle

Hahira, GA

#1 Nov 18, 2010
whats the biggest buck taken in marshall so far
marshall res

Pontiac, IL

#2 Nov 18, 2010
my son got a 156 pound 8 point buck last weekend. the antler grade came in at 160.
stupid people

Madisonville, KY

#3 Nov 19, 2010
people riding around in trucks shooting at deer should be illegal where the game controler
Question

Pontiac, IL

#4 Nov 19, 2010
stupid people wrote:
people riding around in trucks shooting at deer should be illegal where the game controler
Exactly what in the world does this comment have to do with this topic at all this person is looking for whats the biggest deer killed already not your opinion on what people are doing in trucks can we keep one topic clutter free?

Since: Oct 10

Dunmor, KY

#5 Nov 21, 2010
It is insanity in the highest order to allow people with high powered rifles to hunt in sucha congested and populated area. And our Fish and Gam people push it ! I guess it's OK if we kill one or two people as long as little Johnny gets his buck and his picture in the paper.
Dimctr

Pontiac, IL

#6 Nov 21, 2010
My friend killed one of the biggest 9 pointers I've ever seen it would have been a 12 but had 3 points broken off.
And ky boy please tell me how many people have been killed in Marshall county by a stray gun shot

Cadiz, KY

#7 Nov 21, 2010
Dimctr wrote:
My friend killed one of the biggest 9 pointers I've ever seen it would have been a 12 but had 3 points broken off.
And ky boy please tell me how many people have been killed in Marshall county by a stray gun shot
How many would it take ?
Why would you limit it Marshall county ? Common sense ought to tell you that using .30 calibre rifles and such, in such a populated area in any county is an accident waiting to happen, and they have. And the Kentucky Fish and Wildlife people have so little sense as to promote and support it. I say again, how many deaths would it take for you ? Care to put a number on it ?
Dimctr

Pontiac, IL

#8 Nov 21, 2010
Let's see...... It would prolly take atleast 15?
Obviously you don't hunt or know anything about it. People hunt for many reason and one is to keep the population of deer down. Do u know the things that would happen if we didn't?

Cadiz, KY

#9 Nov 21, 2010
Dimctr wrote:
Let's see...... It would prolly take atleast 15?
Obviously you don't hunt or know anything about it. People hunt for many reason and one is to keep the population of deer down. Do u know the things that would happen if we didn't?
I am most sure you would lower that number if one or more of your family members were injured or fatally wounded by a hunter's stray bullet.I hope that never happens and will say that your answer was a very thoughtless one. Do you really believe your big buck would be worth 15 lives ?? But, you are not answering the argument. I am not addressing the REASON for the hunting at all. I am not addressing the overpopulaltion of deer. I am addressing the lack of wisdom of firing high powered weapons in thickly populated areas, even within sight of the city limits of our towns and cities. I also am addressing the lack of wisdom on the part of the Kentucky Fish and Game people who promote it. I am addressing the lack of wisdom of county officials who allow such. All the deer you can carry home would not be worth one life. I hope some day the people who make these rules and laws without regard to what is wise and prudent, will gain some degree of common sense ! Have a good week.
ueatyet

Owensboro, KY

#10 Nov 21, 2010
kyboy755 wrote:
<quoted text>
How many would it take ?
Why would you limit it Marshall county ? Common sense ought to tell you that using .30 calibre rifles and such, in such a populated area in any county is an accident waiting to happen, and they have. And the Kentucky Fish and Wildlife people have so little sense as to promote and support it. I say again, how many deaths would it take for you ? Care to put a number on it ?
Name us one,high power rifles are only dangerous when they are pointed at someone.I know of no single instance of a person being struck by a stray bullet in Marshall County ever,enlighten us with some stats to back up your opinion,or are you just anti-gun period?
ueatyet

Owensboro, KY

#11 Nov 21, 2010
marshall res wrote:
my son got a 156 pound 8 point buck last weekend. the antler grade came in at 160.
A 160" 8 point is a hog,congrats to him.
kyle

Hahira, GA

#12 Nov 21, 2010
i live in brewers...like idk if u know where its at but its not exactly what u call crowded by anymeans..and everyone i know pretty much hunts around here..would u rather hit them with ur 30000 dollar car or a 25 cent bullet????hum hard decision
kyle

Hahira, GA

#13 Nov 21, 2010
yea a that does sound like a hell of a deer..i got a good 10 point about 500 yards from the pull in..would have scored about that but rack was screwed up on one side
Momma Deer

Pontiac, IL

#14 Nov 22, 2010
ueatyet wrote:
<quoted text>
A 160" 8 point is a hog,congrats to him.
Thanks yes he was very proud of it! I now have a freezer full of meat and he wants me to cook it every night. He's killing me haha...I am all for the hunting season and all that I personally just cant eat it unless its cow pig turkey chicken or fish!!! His little sister went to the freezer the other day and said EWWWW it smells like a dead deer in here. We all just had to laugh.
Momma Deer

Pontiac, IL

#15 Nov 22, 2010
kyboy755 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am most sure you would lower that number if one or more of your family members were injured or fatally wounded by a hunter's stray bullet.I hope that never happens and will say that your answer was a very thoughtless one. Do you really believe your big buck would be worth 15 lives ?? But, you are not answering the argument. I am not addressing the REASON for the hunting at all. I am not addressing the overpopulaltion of deer. I am addressing the lack of wisdom of firing high powered weapons in thickly populated areas, even within sight of the city limits of our towns and cities. I also am addressing the lack of wisdom on the part of the Kentucky Fish and Game people who promote it. I am addressing the lack of wisdom of county officials who allow such. All the deer you can carry home would not be worth one life. I hope some day the people who make these rules and laws without regard to what is wise and prudent, will gain some degree of common sense ! Have a good week.
KyBoy you are clueless I for one know that even my child and even my husband that was born in 79 both had to go and do Hunter's Safety Courses and that is with any child or male or female born from 1979 on. There are precautions that are taken and these hunters here in our area hunt for the kill and then they use the meat and eat it and yes some are trophy deer some are just mounted cause they are proud of it. But also this topic was just a nice topic until you came in here and had to start. Seriously have you ever thought you are part of whats wrong in this community, I can see the headlines now Person angry over deer hunters opens fire in woods and kills a hunter...crazy right??? just as crazy as your post!!!
ky boy get a life

Murray, KY

#16 Nov 22, 2010
not even going to coment on him.
To answer the topics question I heard that a local workers nephew got an 18 pointer havnt saw the pics yet and it wasnt in marshall county but I have never saw more than a 12 point it has to be a huge rack 8 point is all ive got thus far this year. congrads on the buck. oh and ky boy more people have died this year from stray bullets in irac than all stray bullets from every deer hunter in the country in the last 10 years in the us! and they are highley trained with thier guns. people like you is whats ruining america so put on your bullet proof vest get in your padded room and hide till there is no hunting season in sorry everyone couldnt help myself
harry

Owensboro, KY

#17 Nov 22, 2010
Kentucky boy needs to change his name because he obviously is not a true Kentuckian. I wonder if he will be so concerned one day about the stray bullets when he is starving to death because he has no clue on how to hunt or even what it means. He must be one of those idiots that doesn't know a thing about guns or hunting. Those type of people are the only ones that complain and carry on. He needs to move to someplace that has strict gun regulations..... like Illinois!
ky boy get a life

Trenton, TN

#18 Nov 22, 2010
thank you hary
In the know

Murray, KY

#19 Nov 23, 2010
Saw a real nice 8 last night that my neighbor shot. Hey kyboy....stick a white rag in ur back pocket and start running thru the woods!!
Fred

Grand Rivers, KY

#20 Nov 29, 2010
28 Point shot in 1936.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Benton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lake trash 34 min tarsha 12
So the Liberals 3 hr Second suri 12
Murphy's 4 hr joe 2
Eclupset Weekend Traffic 9 hr Yep 4
white 9 hr Yep 11
karen pritchard (Feb '17) 11 hr Shawn Pritchard 50
little league coach 12 hr Crazy cooter 4

Benton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance