Springfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2012

Judged:

You all are nuts. Coach is doing his job. You have all these "stud" players who drink, smoke and think that just because they should have graduated two years ago that they are just too talented. If I put two time hold backs against true seniors, yeah they would be pretty good too. Fact is that other areas just have the talent, our players just think they have talent.

I know that all the military personnel who fight for your right to bitch and moan about FOOTBALL didn't mind all the cussing which is endured!!

Get over it or just have them quit. When the going gets tough the weak are weeded out.
only weakness is you

Springfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2012

Zulu wrote:
You all are nuts. Coach is doing his job. You have all these "stud" players who drink, smoke and think that just because they should have graduated two years ago that they are just too talented. If I put two time hold backs against true seniors, yeah they would be pretty good too. Fact is that other areas just have the talent, our players just think they have talent.
I know that all the military personnel who fight for your right to bitch and moan about FOOTBALL didn't mind all the cussing which is endured!!
Get over it or just have them quit. When the going gets tough the weak are weeded out.
Wow....Another truly ignorant redneck chimes in with all their wisdom! You are truly an idiot, and more than likely talk to your kids (if you have any) the same way this twisted coach and his idiotic staff talks to, and treats these players! The only ones who are weak, are the ones willing to stay and tolerate his b.s., because they don't understand that they have a choice! He's doing a good job? Yeah, more decent talent has left the team, then he has recruited, that's an amazing job of coaching there! You don't have to take our word for it.... Hide and watch.... It's just a matter of time until enough parents see Barnyard's true colors, and when they do, maybe MCHS will finally have a man of morals and integrity for a football coach!
MiSs Me

Springfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2012

who knows wrote:
<quoted text>
so, you can cuss in your post and that's ok...and you didn't spell it right. We do have a dam here though, it's near Gilbertsville.
If your reading everything!! You can clearly see this person is just repeating what was said. I will spell it for you DAMN. THANK YOU
look around

Baldwin City, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2012

Judged:

I beleive we all pretty much are in agreement even though some have different reasons and that is from the top staff to the bottom staff of the football program are a disgrace. I have heard so many ignorant excuses by some but the bottom line is our football program is a joke and have not been competetive in a really, really long time. Does anyone really beleive that a school the size of MC does not have enough athletes to field a good if not great team every year. These young men need good coaching and instruction to advance. They obviously are not getting either. If the sports lovers of MC dont say anything the worthless AD and Coach will stay as long as they want to and we will endure many more years to come of losing and being the joke of the district.
I know

Madisonville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2012

Judged:

I was listening to Marshall/Graves co. game last night and the announcer was talking about how Graves defensive line outweighed our offensive line by at least 30 pounds each . We need to develop these bigger kids that we have and get them in the game as linemen , we should have kids as big as most schools but it seems that they quit before they get to the varsity level . The 8th grade team has huge linemen now that are bigger than Marshalls linemen now and we need to push off season strength programs to get these young men into playing shape and could have dominate lines for several years to come !
No with this Coach

Springfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2012

I know wrote:
I was listening to Marshall/Graves co. game last night and the announcer was talking about how Graves defensive line outweighed our offensive line by at least 30 pounds each . We need to develop these bigger kids that we have and get them in the game as linemen , we should have kids as big as most schools but it seems that they quit before they get to the varsity level . The 8th grade team has huge linemen now that are bigger than Marshalls linemen now and we need to push off season strength programs to get these young men into playing shape and could have dominate lines for several years to come !
Yeah, it looks good on paper, but would never work with this idiot coach and his staff, they will have run-off all the decent ones by the end of their freshman year! Saw on the "Marshall County Daily" today where Barnyard's daughter is helping her high school to impose anti-bullying strategies. Maybe the high school should start with her father and his abusive coaching staff! She is a good girl, and her heart is in the right place. God Bless her! I feel so sorry for Barnyard's wife and kids! If this is how he treats his players, that he is supposed to be a mentor to and care about, one can only imagine what it must be like for those he lives with!
time for change now

Springfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2012

jawad wrote:
He will be exposed for the fraud he is. He won 6 games last year but walks around like he is Nick Saban. He is not the Christian man he pretends to be....all of you will see that in time.
Those of us that have experience with this clown from the Mayfield and Graves Co. Days knows exactly what most of these folks are talking about... And they are right, and sadly, in time, the truth will be seen... Hopefully the parents that care about their kids will act now to put an end to the emotional carnage, but in time we can assure you that we will be able to say... We told you so!
Overreacting

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2012

Judged:

MAD PARENT wrote:
well {another former player} maybe your parents didnt have the balls to stand up to the coach. these kids are there to learn they arent pros. the coaches are suppose to be there to teach them the game. us parents need to set a date and time and just march in MR. BARNYARDS office and chew his ass out. im sure if someone called his daughter a whore he would be pissed too
Mad Parent- you are cussing on here so you must cuss in real life. Are you any different than he is? Not saying what he did was right but there are two sides to every story and SOMETIMES kids only tell their side. Trust me I was an athlete once. You all bickering and cussing is not setting a good precedent for your children! Don't throw rocks at someone when you live in a glass house dear!
Big Difference

Springfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2012

Judged:

Overreacting wrote:
<quoted text>
Mad Parent- you are cussing on here so you must cuss in real life. Are you any different than he is? Not saying what he did was right but there are two sides to every story and SOMETIMES kids only tell their side. Trust me I was an athlete once. You all bickering and cussing is not setting a good precedent for your children! Don't throw rocks at someone when you live in a glass house dear!
Seriously? There is a big difference in using some cuss words on a forum where you are discussing things with other adults, and cussing and enacting emotional abuse on a group of kids on a continual basis! Do you live at "Mad Parent's" house?, do you know how they talk in front of their children? This is NOT an isolated incident where a coach said something a little inappropriate to a high school athlete, this is a situation where multiple athletes have come to their parents with concerns of the way in which they were being spoken to, and treated. Calling them names like "pussy," "Retard," F***ing morons, etc. This is something that is happening on a regular basis. There are athletes whom have been advised to keep a daily journal of all that is being said, complete with dates, times, who the person speaking is, etc. If it walks like a duck, and talks like a duck, and everywhere you go, people keep calling it a duck, there's a pretty good chance it's a duck! Everything will eventually come to light, and then people in the county will see once and for all what these young athletes have been subjected to. Many are afraid to come forward due to fear of retaliation from the coaches, and a hand full of the other players. Some of these young athletes, most of which love the game of football, and have played every since they were in 2nd. or 3rd. grade, have quit and walked away from the game that they love so much, because the were intelligent enough to know that what is going on behind closed doors, and out on the practice field/sidelines, is unhealthy and abusive! You have NO CLUE how bad the culture of abuse has climbed to during this cowards tenure as coach! If you had a dog in the hunt, you would be just as upset as the majority of these parents! If you don't have a dog in the hunt, then please mind your own business, and stop trying to further ridicule parents of athletes, whom have already suffered enough abuse, at the hands of a coach and a coaching staff that has been aloud to run un-checked for far to long, by an athletic director and principle, that apparently are either: A.) Completely ignorant, and have no clue the extent of emotional abuse that these young athletes are being subjected to, or, B.) Completely apathetic, and have been so manipulated and deceived by this man, that there should be serious questions about whether or not they are even qualified to continue in their current postions. The truth is out there, and evidence is being collected on a regular basis, and it's just a matter of time until a real crap storm hits the Marshall County School District. More than likely, with possible multiple lawsuits, a class action lawsuit, and possibly even criminal and civil charges brought against the head coach and certain members of his staff! Ask the young coach who was "terminated" when he began to question some of the things that were going on under this mans leadership! There is a "pattern" of continual abuse that has been well documented, and once it all comes out, those of you who feel that this is "no big deal," will realize just how wrong you were! But then again, probably not, to many in this county are a little slow on the uptake, including the MCHS AD and Administration, who have continued to go along with "business as usual," while this abuse is continuing to happen on their watch!
confused

Columbia City, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2012

Judged:

How do you guys know anything about what goes on at practices? From what I've heard you can't even see them? So just because your son comes home and is mad he isn't starting you immediately blame the coach? I've been there before, I played for him before. He does not cuss you out like a dog. Granted he may throw some four letter words in there to prove a point, but nothing bad? You parents are making a giant deal over absolutely nothing, coach is a good man, he loves every single one of his players, because in football, we are all family. And as for the last few games, varsity hasn't shown up to play, that's why he played JV, to see how they would react, to see how the future of our program would react to adversity. You all have it twisted, you believe him to be a giant monster, when in fact he is a great man.
Slow down

Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2012

Just
Big Difference

Springfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2012

confused wrote:
How do you guys know anything about what goes on at practices? From what I've heard you can't even see them? So just because your son comes home and is mad he isn't starting you immediately blame the coach? I've been there before, I played for him before. He does not cuss you out like a dog. Granted he may throw some four letter words in there to prove a point, but nothing bad? You parents are making a giant deal over absolutely nothing, coach is a good man, he loves every single one of his players, because in football, we are all family. And as for the last few games, varsity hasn't shown up to play, that's why he played JV, to see how they would react, to see how the future of our program would react to adversity. You all have it twisted, you believe him to be a giant monster, when in fact he is a great man.
We shall see... The truth is coming soon!
I am right

Smithland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2012

Hey Marshall Co. football,
You're not what you think you are. You can refer to a few good years and that's all. Mid to late 90s, a few years mid-2000s and prob a yr or two in the 80s. Otherwise, mediocrity at best. Look at the facts. There aren't these kids in the halls you speak of. Tech center kids don't have what it takes. MCHS football greatness is a lie. It's not sheltons fault, cleaver's fault, or barnards fault. It doesn't matter if you cuss or sing Kumbya. Fire one right after the other. Call it 6A issues. Isn't 6A easier? How about not having to play Christian or graves for a playoff spot? With more classes, MCHS gets an auto playoff spot but next year with McCracken it won't be automatic. They'll have to earn it. Our best players ever only went to NAIA, D2, or less. We just aren't good, period, except when the stars align and we get outside transfers.
MAD PARENT

Springfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2012

BIG DIFFERENCE YOU SAID IT ALL........AND TO CONTUSSED MY SON STARTS EVERY GAME
Seventies

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2012

This "style" of coaching is nothing new in MC. Anybody remember Coach Ken Barrett from NM and the first years of MCHS? He was like an explosive comic book character. We had horrible teams back then too. I remember them only winning one game their first year as the consolidated MC high school.
look around

Baldwin City, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2012

"Slow down" you have the typical loser attitude when it comes to MC football. You are willing to accept losing and then say we just dont have the athletes to field a good team. That is BS!! All the other schools that thump us are not pumping out D-1 players by the dozen either. They have the same kind of athletes that is walking the halls at MCHS. The difference is they have good coaches and they coach their players up. Our coaches solution to winning is scheduleing weaker teams to post wins instead of coaching his team to be better. Get serious!!
You know nothing

Eddyville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2012

I am right wrote:
Hey Marshall Co. football,
You're not what you think you are. You can refer to a few good years and that's all. Mid to late 90s, a few years mid-2000s and prob a yr or two in the 80s. Otherwise, mediocrity at best. Look at the facts. There aren't these kids in the halls you speak of. Tech center kids don't have what it takes. MCHS football greatness is a lie. It's not sheltons fault, cleaver's fault, or barnards fault. It doesn't matter if you cuss or sing Kumbya. Fire one right after the other. Call it 6A issues. Isn't 6A easier? How about not having to play Christian or graves for a playoff spot? With more classes, MCHS gets an auto playoff spot but next year with McCracken it won't be automatic. They'll have to earn it. Our best players ever only went to NAIA, D2, or less. We just aren't good, period, except when the stars align and we get outside transfers.
you obviously know nothing about football. First Graves is not even in our district so we don't play them for a playoff spot. We were in the playoffs before we played them Friday. Second, our spot is the playoffs isn't automatic. And to everyone saying our varsity isn't as good as our jv I'd like to remind you that these same freshman and jv who went to the championships when they were there. They had the same talent. AND there were a few younger guys in Friday, but many were still varsity. The only difference was their praises are sang on the radio and the varsity are called an embarrassment on te radio.
I am right

Smithland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2012

You know nothing wrote:
<quoted text> you obviously know nothing about football. First Graves is not even in our district so we don't play them for a playoff spot. We were in the playoffs before we played them Friday. Second, our spot is the playoffs isn't automatic. And to everyone saying our varsity isn't as good as our jv I'd like to remind you that these same freshman and jv who went to the championships when they were there. They had the same talent. AND there were a few younger guys in Friday, but many were still varsity. The only difference was their praises are sang on the radio and the varsity are called an embarrassment on te radio.
I know graves and Christian aren't in this district. My point is that if it were old classes and MCHS was 4A, they would be I'm the district and we'd be out of playoffs. This year and last, all teams in our weak 6A district get in. That will change when McCracken joins next yr. it will be a 5team district and someone won't make playoffs. My wording may not have been clear but that's what I meant. I DO know what I'm taking about on every point. JV and freshman football plays a weak schedule against reidland, etc. that's why the inflated records as younger players. That's why I AM RIGHT.
Just a observer

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2012

I am right wrote:
<quoted text>I know graves and Christian aren't in this district. My point is that if it were old classes and MCHS was 4A, they would be I'm the district and we'd be out of playoffs. This year and last, all teams in our weak 6A district get in. That will change when McCracken joins next yr. it will be a 5team district and someone won't make playoffs. My wording may not have been clear but that's what I meant. I DO know what I'm taking about on every point. JV and freshman football plays a weak schedule against reidland, etc. that's why the inflated records as younger players. That's why I AM RIGHT.
That's where you are wrong Muhlenburg County is moving to district 2 so there will be the 4 teams again. So you aren't RIGHT!!!
Just a observer

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2012

I am right wrote:
<quoted text>I know graves and Christian aren't in this district. My point is that if it were old classes and MCHS was 4A, they would be I'm the district and we'd be out of playoffs. This year and last, all teams in our weak 6A district get in. That will change when McCracken joins next yr. it will be a 5team district and someone won't make playoffs. My wording may not have been clear but that's what I meant. I DO know what I'm taking about on every point. JV and freshman football plays a weak schedule against reidland, etc. that's why the inflated records as younger players. That's why I AM RIGHT.
District 2 only has 2 teams this year and will only have 3 next season. Hopefully that will make you realize you are a know it all. I'm sure it won't but it makes you look stupid. Making the playoffs because there are only 4 teams in our district sucks but that's the way it is in 6 A

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 60 of246
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

17 Users are viewing the Benton Forum right now

Search the Benton Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Mao-bama Zombies 139,203
more $ Drew has cost us 2 hr winkie 40
Hendrickson vs Gold 2 hr winkie 19
What happened to Joe 3 hr Sierra BAIER 19
Marshall football 3 hr Dakari Johnson 24
bad driving 4 hr cop 2
Deone M 4 hr Sandy 5
•••
•••
•••
•••

Benton Jobs

•••