help in self filing a divorce

help in self filing a divorce

Posted in the Benton Forum


United States

#1 Aug 21, 2011
Anyone kno how to go about getting papers to file for a divorce without going through a lawyer any info would be a great help

Brownsville, TN

#2 Aug 21, 2011
Are there kids or property involved?

Oklahoma City, OK

#3 Aug 21, 2011
There is one child im payin child support on but was told hes not mine for 2 years tryin to get it taken care of but mainly no im just needing 2 simple divorces...

Pontiac, IL

#4 Aug 22, 2011
Call west ky legal aid. They can five you advice and usually any lawyers office the first consultation is free. If no property to half then usually around $800 with lawyer. Good luck

United States

#5 Aug 22, 2011
I was looking to file for it myself i kno it can be done that way its alot cheaper i just need to know where to get the paper work from....

Pontiac, IL

#6 Aug 22, 2011
You can get the papers off the internet.

Clarkston, MI

#7 Aug 22, 2011
I filed my myself about 10 years ago, but had no children or property so it was pretty cut and dried. My X and I sat down and split the personal property in the house and the cars and there was no argument. I took the papers from my first divorce and my son's divorce papers and put it together from them, but if you can find a templet off the internet it would be much easier. The hard part was getting the women at the court house to tell me what all I needed because they don't like it when you do it yourself. I had to get Mike Miller to go down to their office and tell them to give me whatever information I needed to get it done. It was a pain but did save me a lot of money. Total cost was 150.00, but I put in a lot of time in getting it done. It has been so long now that I can't remember what I had to have, but maybe they will help you out. I do know that the first thing you have to do is file the petition.

United States

#8 Aug 22, 2011
Thanks for the information e(eryone!

Waterloo, IA

#9 Aug 22, 2011
biggin wrote:
Thanks for the information e(eryone!
Get a lawyer a woman all ways come out in the best they take over half your shit an child sport

United States

#10 Aug 22, 2011
I pay 950 a month on a child i north carolina that ive been told for 2 years wasnt mine...havent seen him in 2 years or even talked to him she wont return my calls i try and find a lawyer they tell me they cant help me try and file a motion for a dna they tell me ive got to have a lawyer file the me i kno all about gettin raped with child support...

United States

#11 Aug 23, 2011
i did my own too, you go to the library and get abook called how to divorce yourself. You cant check it out but you can make copies of a couple chapters at a time and go home and type it up word for word. It was kinda fun!

Pontiac, IL

#12 Aug 23, 2011
Office Depot sells self filing divorce papers.
the truth will set u free

Central City, KY

#13 Aug 23, 2011
Have you looked at ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Benton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Detailing my car (Mar '16) 5 hr Tuff Stuff 13
Outlaw ATV Riders strike again! 5 hr Citizen 15
Should I date a guy who has served time in jail? (May '12) 14 hr Conservative 46
New to the area 14 hr Conservative 13
Pro wash (May '14) 14 hr Conservative 12
Cakes at Food Giant In Draffenville Wed lexi 9
Jamie & Justin Freeman (Jun '11) Wed smarterthanyou 74

Benton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Benton Mortgages