Kentucky Cryptids
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Jun 11

Frankfort, KY

#1 Jun 21, 2011
Hello! I am interested in hearing your stories about encounters, sightings with Sasquatch or the myth around the Beast of LBL. I am aware some people will laugh or make rude, uncalled for comments. At least this is not a typical post disrespecting someone or bashing another. So please be truthful and lets learn about our local urban legends.
John

Murray, KY

#2 Jun 21, 2011
you can google , beast of LBL and there are several different websites with stories and info about beast of lbl from people that used to live in lbl before it was lbl.
im telling u

United States

#3 Jun 21, 2011
there is still a man that lives in his house in lbl it is probably him doing the beasting even the law could not extract him he stills there

Frankfort, KY

#4 Jun 21, 2011
John wrote:
you can google , beast of LBL and there are several different websites with stories and info about beast of lbl from people that used to live in lbl before it was lbl.
I did prior to this post. I found the stories interesting. Jan's Tale was one of the stories I read. I have also done some research and found some other things linked to this creature and some other located in our area.

Frankfort, KY

#5 Jun 21, 2011
im telling u wrote:
there is still a man that lives in his house in lbl it is probably him doing the beasting even the law could not extract him he stills there
Well I don't know about all that. However, one of the legends says the beast was an Indian Shaman that practiced in the dark arts. Another says the legend was fabricated by moonshiners to keep people out of the woods. I find the whole topic interesting and would love to hear any and all stories.
HMMMMM

Clifty, KY

#6 Jun 21, 2011
Well what are some myths about bigfoot in LBL
so i here

United States

#7 Jun 22, 2011
its an indian shaman comming back to haunt
kenny

Elgin, TX

#8 Jun 22, 2011
I've never told anyone this story before, but here goes: I was hunting on the southern lbl region on the Kentucky side a few years back. It was around four in the morning. I was getting my gear ready to go into the woods to my stand and I had that feeling of being watched. I kinda pushed it off as being in the dark in the middle of know where. I gathered my gear up and made my way into the woods. My stand was about a half mile into the woods. The only light I had was a small headlamp and the LCD screen of my GPS. As I made my way there the trees I kept hearing heavy footsteps behind me. Don't know if you've ever walked in the woods when it's quite, but sometimes your footsteps can echo behind you. I though this is what I was hearing. I pushed on to my stand and the feeling of not being alone started to get more intense. As I got into my stand I quickly made my way up the side of the tall oak tree. I felt safer the higher I went into the tree. The sounds of heavy footsteps became louder. I knew it couldn't be a deer.
kenny

Elgin, TX

#9 Jun 22, 2011
As I got settled in I stopped to listen closely to figure out the sound. As the hours passed just before sun up, I saw what appeared to be a very large man standing about twenty yards away. The feeling of fear quickly came over me I was paralyzed. I suddenly realized it wasn't a man, but a large hairy beast. I finally got my nerve up to move. When I did it turned and ran into the woods breaking branches and small trees as it moved. I was afraid to come down from my stand I stayed put for half the day. The walk back to my truck was the mist frighting thing I've ever done. I was afraid of what this thing would do me if I ran into it.
no name

Paducah, KY

#10 Jun 23, 2011
I grew up in LBL and never heard anything about a large hairy beast. This is a fabrication of someones imagination. Also there is not man living in a house in LBL anymore.
kenny

Elgin, TX

#11 Jun 23, 2011
no name wrote:
I grew up in LBL and never heard anything about a large hairy beast. This is a fabrication of someones imagination. Also there is not man living in a house in LBL anymore.
What I saw was REAL!!! I hunted LBL for years and have never seen anything like it before or sense. It scared me so bad I do not go to LBL anymore! I'm telling you it's true!!

Frankfort, KY

#12 Jun 23, 2011
no name wrote:
No name I am not dis crediting you. I to have lived around LBL and my family was from the golden pond area and old birmingham. Stories of unnatural phenomenon have been around for several generations. If you choose not to believe them that is your opinion. But I ask you have you ever felt something or seen something you can't quite explain?
john

Murray, KY

#13 Jun 23, 2011
history channel been showing shows all day about bigfoots.

Frankfort, KY

#14 Jun 23, 2011
kenny wrote:
<quoted text>
What I saw was REAL!!! I hunted LBL for years and have never seen anything like it before or sense. It scared me so bad I do not go to LBL anymore! I'm telling you it's true!!
Kenny,
Thank you for your story! I found it very interesting. This is not the first hunting story I have heard about the same situation. I recall a story about local fishermen being harassed by some creature over near the canton area. Another sighting I heard involves hunters and, the creature killing one of their dogs. LBL is a vast forested area. Perfect habitat for a Sasquatch or any other type of creature. My grandfather who was an avid coon hunter once told me that sometimes you have no buisness being in the woods. Thank you again for your story.
believer

Pontiac, IL

#15 Jun 23, 2011
@cryptid hunter
finally a topic about cryptids. my mother saw a black panther here when I was a child and ive heard of sightings of bigfoot. im open to anything possible. hope your search continues for these creatures
no name

Clifty, KY

#16 Jun 23, 2011
Cryptid Hunter wrote:
<quoted text>
No name I am not dis crediting you. I to have lived around LBL and my family was from the golden pond area and old birmingham. Stories of unnatural phenomenon have been around for several generations. If you choose not to believe them that is your opinion. But I ask you have you ever felt something or seen something you can't quite explain?
I don't believe the large hairy beast from any where, much less LBL. My family settled there in 1843, four generations before being displaced. NEVER heard any stories such as this.

Frankfort, KY

#17 Jun 23, 2011
no name wrote:
<quoted text> I don't believe the large hairy beast from any where, much less LBL. My family settled there in 1843, four generations before being displaced. NEVER heard any stories such as this.
Well I don't believe all sightings myself. Some are more credible than others. However you at least have to admit that it is interesting to hear these stories true or false and it be in our own back yard.

Frankfort, KY

#18 Jun 23, 2011
believer wrote:
@cryptid hunter
finally a topic about cryptids. my mother saw a black panther here when I was a child and ive heard of sightings of bigfoot. im open to anything possible. hope your search continues for these creatures
Believer,
Thank you for the post. Panther sightings have become more common in this area. I myself have heard their cry. Numerous friends in the law enforcement and emergency response have seen these very elusive animals. A farmer who owns about 100 or so acres in the south end of marshall saw one while he was bush hogging his field. Thank you for you comments amd yes I will continue my search for these creatures.
john

Murray, KY

#19 Jun 23, 2011
i know people who have seen black panthers and my dad worked at usec in the 50's as a guard and said he heard their screams.
lil jimmy

Elgin, TX

#20 Jun 23, 2011
I haven't seen any black panthers in these parts sense the 60's. Most were hunted and strung up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Benton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Speed 44 min well 3
Fivestar Foodmart 45 min Christ died of AIDs 8
Zach Edwards (Jan '15) 50 min ZEdwards 6
Review: Mimi's Closet 2 hr michelle blair 1
Free school supplies are crap! 6 hr really 4
Lakeland Arbor Village (Feb '11) 8 hr Thruthsayer 15
The results are in 14 hr T Gator 12
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Benton Mortgages