New Benton Fire Chief

New Benton Fire Chief

Posted in the Benton Forum

LookIntoItFirst

North Aurora, IL

#1 Aug 13, 2010
As any smart person would do, I looked the new Fire Chief (Michael Quint) up on the internet. BEN reported him to be an Assistant Fire Chief in Watertown, WI. However, Quint was not one of the three Assistant Fire Chiefs listed on the Watertown, WI fire departments internet page. A google search found some pretty interesting articles...

http://www.timesrepublican.com/page/content.d...

http://www.wdtimes.com/articles/2009/12/22/ne...

A few key words or phrases jump out at me, like "incompetent", "failed to follow established procedures" and "provided false information". How exactly would any of these make him the best man for the job? No matter what schooling, experience or training he has, the accusations have been made that he is at the very least not a team player. Not to mention that he is the one no longer with the Watertown, WI Fire Department. I guess I am a bit confused.....
whatever

United States

#2 Aug 14, 2010
After reading the articles, sounds like Quint has alot on the Cheif and he is fighting back to save his job. If a person is backed up against the wall they will do anything to get out of trouble. This town has always been quick to judge. The poor guy isn't even here yet and the trouble has already started. We don't know the truth and never will as we aren't there. He just might be a good guy, give him a chance. Don't start in on hime before he even gets here.
Trollypop

Fishers, IN

#3 Aug 16, 2010
Just look past...

Butts' charges against Quint claim Quint is incompetent, neglected his duties, failed to follow established procedures, neglected to follow directives, violated the chain of command, violated city work rules and standard operating procedures, provided false information, failed to report a safety hazard and created an unsafe work environment.

Just give him a chance... to do the same thing here! IMO They were BOTH idiots and need not be in a position that endangers the lives of so many.
worked withquint

Watertown, WI

#4 Aug 24, 2010
What happened is Quint went to Mayor about Fire chiefs Butts useing city cell phone for personal long distance calls, over 500 min a month over a 3 year period. There is also pictures of Butts city owner fire car at airport while he was on vaction, all against city work rules. Mayor stuck up for his boys Butts and Butts made up a bunch of BS against Quint. If Quint would have stuck to his guns he would have beat this made up BS.

Quint would make a Great Fire Chief, Ask any line WFD fire fighter. Do some leg work don't take the word of the Watertown daily times.

Why did the city pay out over $85,000 to make him go away? what didn't want to come out?

Since: Jul 08

West Lafayette, IN

#5 Aug 24, 2010
Quint is out. Looks like you guys did the city council's work for them.
worked withquint

Watertown, WI

#6 Aug 24, 2010
maxtabes wrote:
Quint is out. Looks like you guys did the city council's work for them.
Too bad he is a good guy who got screwed by Butts and the city. Butts day is coming, FF union got copies of his phone bills for last 3 years, looks bad for him.
no bs here

Equality, IL

#7 Aug 24, 2010
Well if you just take a look at several fire dept's in Franklin County you will see that personal and moral character is of no concern to city leaders. I mean hell you don't even have to realy be a certified FF to get a chief's job, just go drink, fish or kiss the mayors butt and your good to go. Seems to me that they had plenty of qualified applicaants from right here in Southern Illinois but yet they chose to go to WI and too boot pick someone with all this bagage hanging over his head. WOW!!! Typical politics around here.
out of my mind

Waterloo, Canada

#8 Aug 24, 2010
Take a look at buckners fire chief. He just got arrested for dui by the state police. It is confirmed. He's an idiot. He suppose to save lives. Not take them. Way to go chuck bedar
yeah right

West Lafayette, IN

#9 Aug 25, 2010
He is a hero. All fireman are heros.
Citizen

Fishers, IN

#10 Aug 25, 2010
just hire longtime and very competent Benton fireman David Moore to be chief. Why do they keep hiring all these out of towners anyway.
JID

Saint Louis, MO

#11 Aug 25, 2010
Looks like a personal issue between Quints and Butts. I don't think this would take away his creds as a firefighter.
deputy12

Tallahassee, FL

#12 Aug 25, 2010
hey mister outof my mind, you must be!!!! the fire chief from buckner didn't take any lives and he is not an idiot you are!! you don' know the facts about that night so therefore you aren't qualified for one to make judgement on him and two sounds like your jealous of his accomplishments wish you could be like him but that won't happen because you are the idiot!!!!!
no bs here

Equality, IL

#13 Aug 26, 2010
OMG! Deputy, you are an IDIOT!! So since he didn't take anyones life that makes it OK to drive drunk. You must be one of his drinking buddies. I bet you just overlook anyone you come across driving drunk huh!!! Who in their right mind would want to be jealous of a drunken, wanna be fire chief like him. WOW, who's the idiot now.

As for the new Chief from Benton, guess the Benton City Counsil decided to take a closer look and make the right choice not to hire him. Finaly someone with some sense.
update

Bronx, NY

#14 Sep 7, 2010
Does anyone have any up dated information?
Wisconsin

Bringhurst, IN

#15 Jan 4, 2011
Butts is the same chief who tried to fire a inion president for using a mop bucket for personal reasons and not standing in the proper way when backing up a vehicle
Worked withquinr

Burlington, WI

#16 Jan 5, 2011
He's sueing the city of Watertown

http://www.wdtimes.com/articles/2010/12/31/ne...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Benton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Overturfs 43 min Oneofmany 15
Guy on tower 3 hr Jim razor 15
The drew law group 14 hr Royalty 14
Jenny Kabat Sat Stephanie Seibert 16
Aylssa Bonstell (Oct '16) Sat Bri 6
Nasty Jamie Marie Williams Fri Wow1234 36
Most pathetic cuck in Benton Fri Idgaf 5

Benton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance