Forby and Phelps -- DUI ------ Losers !
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
TiredOfIt

Carbondale, IL

#23 Sep 14, 2012
I just expect cops, politicians, et al to be held to as high a degree or higher in morality and accountability but I don't think we are ever going to see that happen on an even scale.
There is a lot that goes on behind the scenes in campaigns and in-office that is disgusting and this is not even close to the bottom on the barrel, in my opinion.
We need to start having more transparent government officials and the expenditures (travel, gas, meetings, etc.) so we can start making better informed decisions. We should have easier options to get rid of them BEFORE they have run our city, county, state government into the ditch, so to speak. We get job evaluations and they should have them as well. Have us show ID at voting time. Let us give "report cards" on them yearly or so and have a percentage that he/she is called on the carpet to give answers for his/her failure rate. Make this job a WANT to do it instead of their pay and PERKS being so great - especially being able to vote on their own pay raises. Man, I would love to raise my pay and I bet most everyone else would too, and to have benefits forever after leaving their job and not even having to be accountable or do a very good job to begin with (depending on which job you have, of course).
Impress me, politicians. Show me how you can save me money. Do you know what a budget is? I do realize it's not your money your are spending but it could be your children's and your grandchildren's money and it's MY money, so spend it wisely and quit giving it all north of Springfield or cut the state in half and move up to Chicago, like everyone seems to want to spend moste of their time.
Wally

Harrisburg, IL

#24 Sep 14, 2012
TiredOfIt wrote:
I just expect cops, politicians, et al to be held to as high a degree or higher in morality and accountability but I don't think we are ever going to see that happen on an even scale.
There is a lot that goes on behind the scenes in campaigns and in-office that is disgusting and this is not even close to the bottom on the barrel, in my opinion.
We need to start having more transparent government officials and the expenditures (travel, gas, meetings, etc.) so we can start making better informed decisions. We should have easier options to get rid of them BEFORE they have run our city, county, state government into the ditch, so to speak. We get job evaluations and they should have them as well. Have us show ID at voting time. Let us give "report cards" on them yearly or so and have a percentage that he/she is called on the carpet to give answers for his/her failure rate. Make this job a WANT to do it instead of their pay and PERKS being so great - especially being able to vote on their own pay raises. Man, I would love to raise my pay and I bet most everyone else would too, and to have benefits forever after leaving their job and not even having to be accountable or do a very good job to begin with (depending on which job you have, of course).
Impress me, politicians. Show me how you can save me money. Do you know what a budget is? I do realize it's not your money your are spending but it could be your children's and your grandchildren's money and it's MY money, so spend it wisely and quit giving it all north of Springfield or cut the state in half and move up to Chicago, like everyone seems to want to spend moste of their time.
If it's Forby you are talking about, you got the wrong guy. I'm telling you, he might be the brightest crayon in the box, but his heart is in the right place. If he wanted to....hell, he could retire tomorrow. He doesnt need the money (or your f'ing bullsh*t) but he stays because he cares about Franklin co and his whole district and the blue collar men. How do I know this? I witnessed it. He never fit in with the average politician anyway, you can see that yourself. To hell with the rest of them...but dont bash a man who actually does look out for the little guy. Done with this forum.
Raaalph

Marion, IL

#25 Oct 5, 2012
TiredOfIt wrote:
Why do you hold them to a higher standard? I want to know that my elected officials act normal like normal people (that includes drinking). I don't want someone making legislative decisions who hasn't lived a normal mans life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Benton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tracy Safelder 9 min Jo Jo 8
Nasty Jamie Marie Williams Sun DimeAdozen 26
Redhead Sun JamOnToast 27
Jenny Kabat Sun Facts 5
fyi brandon n.melissa mcreyolds.-hayes!!!! (Sep '12) Feb 17 HennyPenny 29
donald j trump (Nov '16) Feb 17 WinWin 912
Cerise shapkoff Feb 16 Above You 32

Benton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance