First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Sold His Soul

Belle Rive, IL

#86 Jul 21, 2010
We will see if they revive the drumline......
Yupneff

Chicago, IL

#87 Aug 30, 2010
Webster is a great guy. But the opposite of king. He's to "by the book" kind of guy. I've Been the pit in school musicals with him and he doesn't have any creativity. He doesn't think outside of the box. He's a good teacher tho. He knows his stuff. Just wish he would hang loose for a little bit
Former musician

Benton, IL

#88 Sep 14, 2012
You can't have a drum line with out drums. Once the equipment was destroyed that was it. What do you want...air drummers? That stuff all costs money. Musical instruments are very expensive. We are talking thousands of dollars, not a few hundred. Perhaps if the kids were required to pay for their own equipment they would be more careful with it. All the school wants is noise at the ball games. They don't care about the kids. Just for the record, we don't like playing at the games. We got no budget, no recognition, just expected to be there and make noise for the jocks and boosters. the boosters need to grow up and move on.
Former musician

Benton, IL

#89 Sep 14, 2012
Sold His Soul wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree !! At least when the DRUMLINE was in the building or on the field, people were cheering and getting into it and showing enthusiam for the sport being played. Unfortunately, we no longer have that. The one time the drumline played at a basketball game this year, they brought some excitement unlike the rude band that sits in the corner.
The rude band is forced to sit in the corner. We are not allowed to sit in the good seats. We do not want to be at the stupid game. We hate having to play. If you want noise, play a recording.
yes

United States

#90 Sep 15, 2012
Mr. King was fantastic!! Best band director ever. And yes the drumline rocked but circumstances kept it from being prosperous. With some help from the community and a band director actually worth a sh!t and it could definitley be brought back.
band fan wrote:
I think the real shame is that people are trying to say that Mr. King is petty. I have seen Mr.King in action with the kids. He takes pride in their hard work and success, it does not take away from his success as a band director. The drum line was fantastic and it required a lot of hard work from the kids and probably did take a toll on the equipment. Not all kids are ready to dedicate themselves to that much hard work or have the talent that Mr. Raby does. The school does not support the band with money. The band does not have the funds to replace worn out equipment or uniforms. If you have a beef it should be with the school district for caring more for the football field than with school books or the band.
Da Hills

United States

#91 Oct 15, 2012
Bill King aint worth his weight in salt. Bill was a power seeking fool who loved attention. Bill pull your pants up!
myself

Brighton, MO

#92 Oct 16, 2012
Da Hills wrote:
Bill King aint worth his weight in salt. Bill was a power seeking fool who loved attention. Bill pull your pants up!
he was a much better band director than mr. Webster who misses 90% of the year sick because he has tenure and thinks he can do whatever he wants.
Get a clue

Highlandville, MO

#93 Nov 10, 2012
myself wrote:
<quoted text> he was a much better band director than mr. Webster who misses 90% of the year sick because he has tenure and thinks he can do whatever he wants.
Do you truly think that is why he has missed? He has been very ill. Idiot.
myself

United States

#94 Nov 10, 2012
O bullshit he's been missing school since I was attending starting in 2004. 8 years at least he's been missing more than he's attending. He needs to just quit already. I understand being ill but when it reaches a point its time to retire, concentrate on becoming well and let a younger, more eager and willing teacher looking for a fulltime gig have the position. Its been time for him to call it quits for awhile.
Get a clue

United States

#95 Nov 20, 2012
Not true. I know him personally. He has not missed more than worked until last year when he got sick. Regardless of your skewed view of his attendance, guess you got your wish. There is a younger teacher there now. I hear rumors kids who don't play instruments are in the band to make it look bigger and better. These kids are pretending to play instruments. The new teacher has enthusiasm, but what are the kids learning. At least with Mr. Webster they were learning.
myself wrote:
O bullshit he's been missing school since I was attending starting in 2004. 8 years at least he's been missing more than he's attending. He needs to just quit already. I understand being ill but when it reaches a point its time to retire, concentrate on becoming well and let a younger, more eager and willing teacher looking for a fulltime gig have the position. Its been time for him to call it quits for awhile.
myself

United States

#96 Nov 21, 2012
My brother was a member of the band mr kings last year up until last year. He graduated and always said he didn't feel like he learned anything from any of the teachers subs or not that began there king left. I was a student of bills and he was the most amazing band director. He knew how to inspire you if you were a genuine musician. Not one of the ones who used band as an easy a. Those are the ones that tend to think bill king was a douchebag. I personally think he was great and feel the band has strongly declined since he left.... in size and talent.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Benton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kendra 2 hr RawDog 6
Downtown Gary Brown 5 hr Moe 19
Kaylee porter 6 hr Sharika 9
Rend Lake College 8 hr LOL 30
donald j trump (Nov '16) 8 hr LOL 452
Sexy outlaw 11 hr really 38
Barbie Willis + Mr. and Mrs. Mike and Rhonda Reed 13 hr old news 35

Benton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance