Ranger Football: Who's Ready for Anot...
Football fan

West Lafayette, IN

#186 Aug 17, 2011
Beast wrote:
Willie Powell
What about him?
Cheap Seats

Macedonia, IL

#187 Aug 17, 2011
Football fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with seek help, you need professional help. You say Benton has a problem with treating their own the right way. Well hello...look at how you are treating these athletes and the school. You are a hypocrite! You need to take your own advice and either support Benton, or shut up. You are nothing but a sore loser and the Benton Rangers don't want fans like you. You are an embarrassment to our town.
As far as I'm concerned, Miller and Clodfelder aren't Benton's own. In fact, they're not even from Southern Illinois. I have no beef with the kids, other than the fact that some of them have an attitude problem. As far as the Benton Rangers not wanting fans like me, judging by the attendance at the last game I was at I'd say they'd better hope for every warm body that they can get. You don't see very many there that don't have someone on the team. As far as me being a sore loser, no I can take it chin and head up when someone's better. Clodfelder on the other hand tries to get players disqualified from opposing teams when he knows he can't beat them straight up.
Football fan

West Lafayette, IN

#188 Aug 17, 2011
Hmmm....I wonder how many of the starters were born in Benton? As for the fans, it's the quality of the people that show up to support the Rangers, not the quantity, that matters. Someone is Benton must have really hurt you, I'm sorry for that.
one who knows

Fairfield, CA

#189 Aug 18, 2011
u guys bash the junior program when u have no idea maybe u should ck there records the 8th grade team is very good the seventh grade has only lost two games in three years
Sid

Mount Carmel, IL

#190 Aug 18, 2011
one who knows wrote:
u guys bash the junior program when u have no idea maybe u should ck there records the 8th grade team is very good the seventh grade has only lost two games in three years
Records have absolutely NOTHING to do with whether a junior football program is helping or hurting. The best running back was from Sesser anyway!
Cheap Seats

Macedonia, IL

#191 Aug 18, 2011
Like I said, there is a difference between a loyal fan and someone who goes just because their kid is playing. Many of the people who go to the games now weren't there 5 years ago and won't be there 5 years from now. Bob Garapy might be the one loyal fan they have.

And I heard the other day that Clodfelder showed Doc Simspon the door and handed the defense over to Bob Pankey. Did that guy even play football? Congratulations! Clodfelder you handed what used to be the best defensive team in the South, coached by the best defensive coach in the South, and turned it over to someone as clueless as you just because they kiss your hind end and run what you want to run. Chalk that up to another good coach who dedicated and donated their time and got tossed to the curb.
in the know

Chillicothe, IL

#192 Aug 18, 2011
Cheap Seats wrote:
Clodfelder you handed what used to be the best defensive team in the South, coached by the best defensive coach in the South, and turned it over to someone as clueless as you just because they kiss your hind end and run what you want to run. Chalk that up to another good coach who dedicated and donated their time and got tossed to the curb.
I'm sorry but Clod is the head coach. I believe he has the ultimate say on what defense is ran. Not the so called "defensive coordinator". Im not even a Benton fan, nor from there, but you sound like a bitter player still trying to live out your so called "glory" days.
Cheap Seats

Macedonia, IL

#193 Aug 18, 2011
I'm not a bitter player, nor did I ever play for Clodfelder. I played for Roper and Doc Simpson. Maybe Clodfelder should go back to being Ron Zook's glorified towel boy, maybe he wouldn't screw that up. He might have the ultimate say, but what he is saying is running the program into the ground. There is no doubt, this is probably the best bunch of athletes to go through Benton High School since 2002, but I don't think they've got the coach to take them to the next level.
Football fan

West Lafayette, IN

#194 Aug 19, 2011
Cheap Seats wrote:
I'm not a bitter player, nor did I ever play for Clodfelder. I played for Roper and Doc Simpson. Maybe Clodfelder should go back to being Ron Zook's glorified towel boy, maybe he wouldn't screw that up. He might have the ultimate say, but what he is saying is running the program into the ground. There is no doubt, this is probably the best bunch of athletes to go through Benton High School since 2002, but I don't think they've got the coach to take them to the next level.
you need to get your facts straight
Cheap Seats

Macedonia, IL

#195 Aug 19, 2011
What facts is it that I need to get straight?
lol

Marion, IL

#196 Aug 20, 2011
Cheap Seats = Michael (Chipper) Jones. You need to shut up and get your facts straight before you get your fat ass beat! You never played a snap in any meaningful game for roper. the only game you was going to start in, you got an illegal consumption the night before and showed up still drunk for the game the next morning. You also cant ref and cant go on a date without zipping your weiner up in your zipper. So before you get on here praising sesser (the team youre trying to get a job coaching for lol),(or praising robin labuwi, which you two make a cute couple), you need to get your facts straight about Clodfelder and stop talking shit! You barely know the guy, and you never played for him. You're just hating on him because they wont hire you to ref any games. Or is it because they wont let you be the waterboy???? Anyways, Clod has my full respect and is an honest man and a fair coach. I beleive this years team will be a lot of fun to watch, especially the offense. Defense lost a couple key players, but hopefully some kids can step up and replace them. As far as the offense goes, it seems like just about all of the skilled players are back, and a few of the starting linemen are back. So i look forward to watching this team this year.
Dean

Marion, IL

#197 Aug 20, 2011
It looks like CZR may have a good sophomore team this year.
lol

Marion, IL

#198 Aug 20, 2011
Dean wrote:
It looks like CZR may have a good sophomore team this year.
Who cares?
Whistledick

Sesser, IL

#199 Aug 20, 2011
lol wrote:
Cheap Seats = Michael (Chipper) Jones. You need to shut up and get your facts straight before you get your fat ass beat! You never played a snap in any meaningful game for roper. the only game you was going to start in, you got an illegal consumption the night before and showed up still drunk for the game the next morning. You also cant ref and cant go on a date without zipping your weiner up in your zipper. So before you get on here praising sesser (the team youre trying to get a job coaching for lol),(or praising robin labuwi, which you two make a cute couple), you need to get your facts straight about Clodfelder and stop talking shit! You barely know the guy, and you never played for him. You're just hating on him because they wont hire you to ref any games. Or is it because they wont let you be the waterboy???? Anyways, Clod has my full respect and is an honest man and a fair coach. I beleive this years team will be a lot of fun to watch, especially the offense. Defense lost a couple key players, but hopefully some kids can step up and replace them. As far as the offense goes, it seems like just about all of the skilled players are back, and a few of the starting linemen are back. So i look forward to watching this team this year.
I'm sure Clod will be glad to have the support of a third grader.....or a retard, I can't decide which you are.
lol

Marion, IL

#200 Aug 20, 2011
Ok "Whistledick" (what kinda name is that)? Must be a 3rd grader or a retard, I can't decide. Nice to know that "Whistledick" thinks im a retard or a 3rd grader lol. Must be chippers dad or something
Whistledick

Sesser, IL

#201 Aug 20, 2011
lol wrote:
Ok "Whistledick" (what kinda name is that)? Must be a 3rd grader or a retard, I can't decide. Nice to know that "Whistledick" thinks im a retard or a 3rd grader lol. Must be chippers dad or something
Well,'tard, its a name you type in a box so you can make a post. Kind of like when you cleverly typed "lol."

Good one.

With the exception of the Hall of Fame third Baseman, I had never heard of "Chipper Jones" until your post. I suspected Cheap seats was someone close to Doc, since he had the inside scoop on Sesser.
youpeoplearepsyc ho

United States

#202 Aug 20, 2011
GO KYLE KINK!!!:) what ever happened to team spirit? Support your boys!
Cheap Seats

Macedonia, IL

#203 Aug 21, 2011
Like I've said before I'm not Chipper, I think he's a poor official, and a piece of shit. But keep guessing. I'm guessing that most of you are kids on the team and I'd say most of you wouldn't even know me if I told you my real name.
lol

United States

#204 Aug 21, 2011
actually i played for roper and clod. i respect both of the men. obviously youre just jealous of the coaches, or you played for them and didnt get playing time, or you are upset that roper isnt the coach anymore. youre from benton, so instead of getting on here mouthing bentons team, how bout you support the team and the kids instead of putting the kids down. if you dont like the kids or the coaches then dont go to the games and stop worrying about the team and talking crap about them. theyre kids, and a high school team. no need to keep hating on them when they havent even played a game this year yet.
Cheap Seats

Macedonia, IL

#205 Aug 21, 2011
Actually I played for Roper, Doc Labuwi, and Doc Simpson, and yes I did get playing time. And you know what, maybe I am a little upset that Roper isn't the coach anymore, it was pretty nice playing in and later going to the games and at least feeling like you had a shot to win every Friday night. I don't feel that way since Clodfelder has taken over the reigns. I do support the kids, I just don't support some of their attitudes. Roper, or most coaches for that matter, would have ran them for days for their attitudes and mouths.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Benton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Caitlin Boswell 33 min Caitlin 15
Klee Kneel 4 hr Know 1
200 north suyvesant 7 hr theylikethecream 2
Melissa Clayton Sun Well 2
Brandon Rice Sun Dea 4
Mariah SkankFarland Sun Truth 14
Amanda thomas Sun Old friend 1

Benton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Benton Mortgages