How much does scrap metal go for thes...

How much does scrap metal go for these days/

Posted in the Benton Forum

“HE's watching YOU!”

Since: Jan 07

Out in the woods in S. Ill

#1 Jul 22, 2012
I figure I can ask here as there are enough metal thieves running around. I got this big old hunk of metal with pipes and wires and such. Part of some Russki Sputnik that fell out of the sky and wrecked the barn around 1968. Been using some of the parts for a hog trough.Its a couple hundred pounds and i cant move it, must be worth something in scrap.
wow

Marion, IL

#2 Jul 22, 2012
kelley joe wrote:
I figure I can ask here as there are enough metal thieves running around. I got this big old hunk of metal with pipes and wires and such. Part of some Russki Sputnik that fell out of the sky and wrecked the barn around 1968. Been using some of the parts for a hog trough.Its a couple hundred pounds and i cant move it, must be worth something in scrap.
Ah heck,thats grandpa's old corn liquor still,it blew up and wrecked the barn.

if you call the salvage yard they will give you the price for that day,cut it up with a torch

“HE's watching YOU!”

Since: Jan 07

Out in the woods in S. Ill

#3 Jul 24, 2012
Dunno...its all kind of scorched and got Russkie looking writing on it. Unless CCCP stands for cross county corn producer. Besides the still we got is back in the holler by the creek. It does have some parts that glow in the dark. Chckens use to scratch and pick at those and for a while were getting chickens with 3 drumsticks, so I might keep that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Benton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Randy Carter 8 min BuzzBuzzBaby 8
Where is Eric armes 12 min BuzzBuzzBaby 11
Seeing the state rep assistent of Franklin coun... (Jun '17) 23 min BuzzBuzzBaby 20
American legion bartender (Jun '17) 41 min SlickHuh 35
Sandys 4 hr BewareMarried 10
Tom dinn I'd deleting posts. 4 hr SlickHuh 5
News 90th Anniversary for Charlie Birgera s last stand 4 hr Shine 9

Benton Jobs

Personal Finance

Benton Mortgages