ZONE Lounge - SUCKS
Welp

Seymour, MO

#23 Nov 7, 2012
I know the lady who runs the bonnie cafe she def. has no people skills. Her name is Melissa i feel sorry for whoever has to work around her. I will def. wont go again.
Take it to the Trash

Denver, CO

#24 Nov 17, 2012
really12 wrote:
the resturant has been took over by the people that run the bonnie cafe,and yes they do have good food there now.i guess you have not tried it since they took over..i do agree that the bar needs new management..the current manager patty is worthless...worthless..worthle ss..she is a drunk thats is very rude and has no idea what the meaning of customer service is..she also manages the gas station and thats a joke...
I couldn't agree with you more....she is a rude drunk!!! I did try the cheeseburger..not bad. I also couldn't agree more with the smoking thing. They allow smoking in the bar and then you are about blown away with it while you try to take your family there to eat!
Benton

United States

#25 Dec 28, 2012
The place used to be so fun! Not so anymore!! If you don,t sit on the corner of the bar you don,t exist!Bartenders are only friendly to the manager and the drunks that sit with her and there own friends!Everyone else gets treated like they have the plauge! People are barred or treated like shit on the basis of weather the three drunks on the corner like them!
west frankfort

United States

#26 Dec 28, 2012
Couldn,t agree more, me and my girl friends used to go there all the time,but when we tryed to cut up like the older people at the corner of the bar and the manager, we were ask to leave!! We were not cussing loud or singing at the top of our voices songs that no one there could stand like they were, we were just trying to have a good time! Everytime we tryed to play the juke box they would put more money in and hit next on all there songs over and over! when we complained we were told to leave!! Fuck the Zone!!
Jerry Lamon Falwell

West Frankfort, IL

#27 Dec 28, 2012
Unbelievable Marion IL wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because you like to go somewhere and listen to live music and enjoy a few cocktails (like a responsible adult) doesn't make me a scumbag. Just like your ignorant comment doesn't mean that you are STUPID!!!
First of all living in Benton qualifies you for scum bag status, most people over 30 in bars are sum bags.
Take it to the Trash

Denver, CO

#28 Dec 28, 2012
Jerry Lamon Falwell wrote:
<quoted text> First of all living in Benton qualifies you for scum bag status, most people over 30 in bars are sum bags.
I don't live in Benton, so I am not a "scum bag". Maybe some are over 30 and a scum bag and some are not! Who are you to judge all people anyway??? Maybe you are the scum bag!!!
Jerry Lamon Falwell

West Frankfort, IL

#29 Dec 28, 2012
Take it to the Trash wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't live in Benton, so I am not a "scum bag". Maybe some are over 30 and a scum bag and some are not! Who are you to judge all people anyway??? Maybe you are the scum bag!!!
Just because you think it doesn't make it true. Who are you to judge me for judging others ? Oh wait it's something called an OPINION or judging by your reasoning. I take it you have no opinion about anything, because based on your logic that would be " judging"... scum bags all over. OPINION of course...
actually

United States

#30 Dec 28, 2012
I was actually in there back in the spring this year....on a Fri night....yes to drink and have good time. Ppl wasn't rude just stared like they haven't seen ya before like every other bar. Had good time but could have been my company that evening....it was dead so we moved the party....and no I don't make a habit out of this. Just had horrible day and made it better.
News Flash at Benton IL

Denver, CO

#32 Jan 8, 2013
I hear that the hag that runs the place is going to be fired.Maybe now the place will ipmrove.The guy that owns it is cleanin house.
BothPlaces

Marion, IL

#33 Jan 8, 2013
So does DR's or whatever its called...crappy service lady working always has an attitude which is why I quit going

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#34 Jan 10, 2013
Lot a people call it the rudehouse insted of roadhouse......cuz the lady there is rude to ppl. i am glad zone is changing hands..bout time 2. Woman that runz it is mean and hatefull. nobody likes her and only put up with her cuz she own it or acts like she did. she ain't no good..good riddance.
freebird

United States

#35 Jan 11, 2013
its about time they get rid of her..shes nothing but a rude drunk bi@@h.im sure their business will triple in sales no one goes in there because of her.needless to say im sure she has been ripping them off for years.she will not be missed!!!!
wondering

Lonsdale, AR

#36 Jan 11, 2013
who will be running the bar now!
News Flash at Benton IL

Denver, CO

#37 Jan 16, 2013
The drunk and all her drunk friends have all been fired she has been fired from bar and gas station and the empoyes are hapierr now more than ever. the bar will be a good place to go now..bands and all. a couple has taken the bar over for now and seem real nice and are friendly to all..not just their friends. glad that hag is out of their forever....she should never show her ugly face in their again!
hahaha

United States

#38 Jan 16, 2013
obviously you haven't met the couples wife! TRUST ME she's great to work around. As long as she stays out maybe people will go. Best of luck tho maybe Melissa will be better than the last one bawhahaha.
hmm interesting

Herrin, IL

#39 Jan 22, 2013
are they hiring Barmaids? that place used to be slamming but that was years ago. Such a shame it went downhill like it did. I haven't been there in a long long time.
Ina

United States

#40 Jan 26, 2013
Love the improvements, people are nice and the bar tenders seem happy for the first time in a couple years!
yea

United States

#41 Feb 5, 2013
The zone is a million times better now. The drunk bitch is gone and the new ppl running it are so nice, social, and cool. They have 2 new HOT bartenders, that also have personality!! Definitely makes for a much better experience. You can order food on the bar side and actually enjoy it without it tasting like cigarette smoke!!!!'Cause there's no more indoor smoking, they now have a smoke shack....fair? I think so!!! Band almost every Fri and Sat night as well!!
nosey

Saint Louis, MO

#42 Feb 6, 2013
Who are the hot new bartenders?
zexe

United States

#43 Feb 16, 2013
The zone is now under new management! Bands every weekend its gotten much much better! Brat pack will be playing there on April 27th. 30aut6 is playing there on may 11th. You all should come check it out now that's its improved and the rude people are all gone from the, the entire "clique" of them!:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Benton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gay men wanted please read 52 min Cameron Beardsley 2
Luke Erwin 2 hr Jkit 17
Who is guy in silver impala? 9 hr silver 3
Amber Wallace 13 hr Lol 15
McFarland 15 hr Smdh 21
Brittany Sullivan Mocaby 15 hr Shame 8
Megan Hargett 17 hr Not surprised 8
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Benton Mortgages