EFM Suspends Authority Of Benton Harb...

EFM Suspends Authority Of Benton Harbor Officials

There are 82 comments on the WWJ-TV Southfield story from Apr 17, 2011, titled EFM Suspends Authority Of Benton Harbor Officials. In it, WWJ-TV Southfield reports that:

A state-appointed emergency financial manager has suspended the decision-making powers of Benton Harbor officials in a move that's likely the first act of its kind under a new state law.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WWJ-TV Southfield.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
imaginaryfriend

Westland, MI

#1 Apr 17, 2011
Krystalnacht. Zeig Heil!
pappy

Fort Worth, TX

#2 Apr 18, 2011
King snider has come to town to visit in Benton Harbor and brought along his Black Knight harris to take over the city of Benton harbor from its elected officials. do you think maybe the city will loose its nice park on the baches of lake Michigan to extend a golf course and to have rooom to build more gated communitie there. Folks communism has just paid a visit to your nice community. You can thank King Snider for that stopover but the knight is there to stay and suck the life blood out of your fine city. Dam, what a friend to have. I wonder whooo is next on the Kings list?
pappy

Fort Worth, TX

#3 Apr 18, 2011
That desease you folks have voted for must be treated as the desease is spreading, gangrene has set in, the opnly treatment is amputation at the voting booth.
imaginaryfriend

Westland, MI

#4 Apr 19, 2011
A guillotine is an excellent controller of king's disease.
pappy

Dallas, TX

#5 Apr 19, 2011
Happened in France when they had a revolution. Dopne away with the king and Queen plus a lot of richey rich folks who expected the working class to eat the crumbs from the floors of the bakeries. The people finally had enough and rebelled. You folks in michigan sure have an unending problem when they can at their willl take over an entitiy and the elected folks who were chosen for representation are eleminated at the whim of the governor and any one that might want a piece og valvuable property. Favors cna and do happen. You have elected puke up there in Michigan for representation--you have none as most of the people are not rich enough to buy representation.
pappy

Dallas, TX

#6 Apr 19, 2011
Are Republicans better or is it the Democrats that are better representatives of the people? just wondering.
imaginaryfriend

Westland, MI

#7 Apr 19, 2011
Just some of Democrats are corrupt, suckers on the teats of lobbyists, ALL republicans are corrupt. A recall of snyper is going forward and we have the big legal guns coming in to put a stop to the U.S. unconstitutionality of the EFM bill. The Democrats throughout the history of the last 100 years have created programs FOR the people. The last good republican president was Eisenhower. Read "Conservatives Without Conscience" by John Dean.
anon

Fennville, MI

#8 Apr 20, 2011
On Wednesday, April 27th there will be a march/rally in Benton Harbor, Michigan in response to the usurping of the rights and democratic process of their city government and their citizens by empowering a non-elected Emergency Financial Manager to take over the day-to-day operations of Benton Harbor.

We will start at the Cornerstone Chamber of Commerce located at 38 West Wall Street and then march to City Hall.

We need your help to get the word out to make this protest huge in numbers.
pappy

Dallas, TX

#9 Apr 20, 2011
FRIEND, a good book to read. got my own library. Try reading Party of the People ---A history of the Democrats by Jules Witcover. A well presented book on the goverment and its beginng to modern dat politics. The party came about because the rich and the privileged wanted and had control of the goverment. As they do now. hjave a nice day and god Bless one and all. this started during the Reagan years and the Supply side Economic of the Republicans and we are now and are entering the goverment of and by Plutocracy, for the rich and by the rich.
imaginaryfriend

Westland, MI

#10 Apr 20, 2011
Yes, Good libraries are my resources of choice. Read Thom Hartmann's books, especially "Rebooting the American Dream". Tune into him via radio or the net. He has a daytime program and he's also on an evening program. We know the current economic crisis was created by voodoo Reaganomics compounded by BushI,and Bush II. Meanwhile the rational people of Michigan are getting mobilized against the imperialism of rick snyder and the signers of this illegal action in our state congress. Stay safe from the fires!
pappy

Bedford, TX

#11 Apr 21, 2011
Friend, what will happen to the city of Benton Hrbor? After the take over, will the property taxes be raised so high that the property owners can no longer afford to pay the taxes? Which will more than likely cause the owners to sell out to the very people who may want their property at a low price. Which will then allow the new owners to sell that city park which is wanted and needed to expant the GOLF COURSE AND BUIL EXCLUSIVE HOUSING ON THAT LAKE SHORE PROPERTY THEY HAVE ALREADY SOUGHT TO BUY. tHE REASON i ASK THESE QUESTIONS ARE IT HAS HAPPENED BEFORE IN SIMILAR CASES. aND THAT PERSON APPOINTED BY THE GOVERNOR HAS THE POWER TO RAISE TAXES ON THE PROPERTY OWNERS IF HE WISHES TO DO SO. A person in the lower economic levels of life have not the means to pay high taxes which would force them to sell out. I do believe this may be what is occurring in that city. You folks are going to see a lot of termol; in your state caused by the rich who want to take even more from those that have what they have. And they want that gol;f course built.
pappy

Midlothian, TX

#13 Apr 25, 2011
Woder if in the future the citizens of Benton Harbour will be price out and deprived of their homes because of the state management of their city raises taxes on them. I also quit buying Whirlpool products as they offshored their manufacturing industry. no jobs for americans no buy thier products. What corporation owns whirlpool?
imaginaryfriend

Westland, MI

#14 Apr 25, 2011
The whirlpool corporation has family ties to Rep. Fred Upton. Crony capitalism. Read Naomi Klein's books.
pappy

Dallas, TX

#15 Apr 26, 2011
I guess next on the list is selling the public beach front park to the whirlpool golfers. WhaT TYPE OF BOOKS DID kLEIN WRITE AND WHAT SUBJECTS?
imaginaryfriend

Westland, MI

#16 Apr 26, 2011
Naomi Klein wrote "The Shock Doctrine" it is a book that fully explains the play book of the repuglicans. Google Naomi Klein. Political Science.
pappy

Dallas, TX

#17 Apr 26, 2011
She was right about the preplanning to invade Irag--- the republicans in the Bush administration had the same bunch working in his administration--- they even tried to get Clinton to invade Irag,no go. And I do believe and think that was why the scret energy meeting of several enrgy barons was called and led by Chenney to discuss the takeover of the Iraqi oil fields. Another thing about the Bush years in office I also think he knew the economic collapse was coming--why else would he lower the interest to banks except to prop them up financially till he was out of office. But the collapse came to early--it fell on him. Now look at what the Republicans are doing in several states in taking away the rights of our people And they make claim to be a party of family values and morals--where did they lose thsoe morals at. but the republicans do understand greed and power to push people around.
imaginaryfriend

Westland, MI

#18 Apr 26, 2011
Exactly, they want to privatize everything, and do away with all of societies safety nets. The want a return to how it was under the Robber Barons. Thom Hartmann talked about how we need republicans like Teddy Roosevelt, who shamed them with their greed. We need a strong FDR type leader. Paul Ryan's plan to kill Medicare is no accident, it's part of their plans to destroy FDR's Social Security, and Johnson's Medicare and medicaid. They would love for citizens to have to pay for police and fire protection, and to eliminate Public Schools. Google: republicans have a death wish.
Gitmo

Toronto, Canada

#19 Apr 27, 2011
pappy

Midlothian, TX

#20 Apr 28, 2011
Friend, that medicare medcaid idea came straight out of a republican think tank as a way to divert money for tax breaks to the wealthy who buy up our senate and house members not one at a time but the whole buncch at one time. It pays off big time in tax reductions for the rich and the corporations. We now have in our misdst totalarian dictators worse than a STALINIST COMMUNIST. aT LEAST THE PEOPLE IN sTALINIST COMMIE L;AND KNEW WHERE THEY STOOOD-- AND THEY WOULD GET NOTHING IN RETURN. These Stalinist type Republicans do sneak casmafouged attacks planned in scret and lie about thieer deeds. A Republican would offer you a thousand dollars for foood and take back 3 thousand in return plus take away your earned benefits---the reason they are going after the benefits is because a benefit is lawful in court of law, but if taken away ahead of time it is null and void in court. If Republicans are left in poer you can forget about being midddle class folks,they willl be no more.
pappy

Midlothian, TX

#21 Apr 28, 2011
The main reason for our failing economy is one simple reason--- the wealthy are speculating with free money from the FED as the wall streeeters spend our money and ppay such a low interest they can speculate using the money inits off shoring investments and none invested in our nation. And the wealthy and the
wall streeeters are sure not investing on MAIN ATREET AS THE INVESTMENTS ARE GOING OFFSHORE. So agin I say you can kiss the middle class goodby. We have already lost 10 percent of the middle class in the past during the Bush administration and he ignores or does not acknowledge what occurred during his years in office. This did not just start happening yesterday it started during the Reagan years of the drip down theory. I am still waiting for the Reagan gravy to put on my dry biscuits. Aint got none yet.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Benton Harbor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pinkney To Be Sentenced Monday For Election Fraud Apr '15 child of god 2
News Shootings recorded on 911 tape (Oct '06) Apr '15 Christianity is Myth 2
News Edward Pinkney found guilty for five counts of ... (Nov '14) Apr '15 Peter Bertemes 3
News Berrien County Treasurer Target Of Recall, But ... Mar '15 R_Flamand 1
Tabor Farm (Jul '07) Mar '15 sodus girl 180
Racist Benton Township Police (Nov '07) Feb '15 over-it 33
News Pinkney: White People To Blame For Election Fra... (Nov '14) Jan '15 tel 3
More from around the web

Benton Harbor People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]