Benton Harbor High School quiet after teen's death

Full story: WSJM-AM Saint Joseph

The Benton Harbor High School has been somber since the death of Corey Napier Monday.
Comments
1 - 20 of 66 Comments Last updated Sep 11, 2012
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
A Friend of both Victims

Farmington, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2007

Judged:

this has been a very emotion situation. Is this really self defense? I think not. If it was self defense Corey would have been inside the home or at least entering the home from the news clip shoots were fired out of the window as it was closed. There is no harm or threat to someone outside a home wheather or not it was in Corey's plans to rob or break in he did not.
carnassis henderson

Fenton, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2007

Judged:

why did he do that i see it was a grown man he did not have to kill my best friende and that make me go over and kill him just like he kill him please give mea call you now my sister yolanda hill she live at 1017 columbus and ithought was going be somebody else please why you get call me
carnassis henderson

Fenton, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2007

Judged:

what the hell wrong with all you know this boy name coery who was kill and who every did this is going down.
A Friend

Lansing, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2007

Judged:

It takes a really sick individual to not only shoot, but kill a child. Did he have kids? Would he like it if someone killed his baby? If Corey's intentions were to break inside the house, he didn't, so tell me what law gives another human the right to control when someone else's child life should end? If this guy walks away free, justice will never get served again. R.I.P Lil Corey Napier
We got Jokes

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2007

Judged:

You say it takes a real sick individual to do that to a child. HMMMMMMMMMM? I guess you are living a fairytale life. Most violent crimes you hear about are with teens and young adults. Kids are not the same today as they were a couple of decades ago. They will beat you down, cut your throat, shoot you, take your money and live their life like its normal to commit acts like that. They don't respect life so don't think they will respect yours. Just imagine if you was at home alone and a few teens broke in your house while you were there. What do you think would have happened. I know I have heard of alot of execution style robberies. What about you. Some strong hard consequences have to start happening. Maybe lesson number one will make others relize there are consequences when your doing wrong. You want always get a slap on the hand for ruining others life.
A VERY CLOSE FRIEND

Farmington, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2007

Judged:

THAT DUDE DID NOT HAVE TO DO THAT TO MY FRIEND.LIL COREY AINT NEVER HURT NOBODY..NOW HE'S GONE AWAY FROM ALL OF US..AND WE ONLY HAVE MEMORIES TO SHARE..MAN IT AINT RITE THAT THAT DUDE AINT GET NO CHARGES...BUT WE ALL LOST A FRIEND...I THINK ABOUT COREY EVERY DAY AND CANT NOBODY TAKE AWAY WHAT WE HAD..NOT EVEN OL BOY...BUT I HOPE HE KNOW THAT HE MIGHT AS WELL BE DEAD CAUSE I KNOW THATS HOW HE FEEL INSIDE..R.I.P COREY JAMES NAPIER JR...WE ALL LOVE U..U WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN
Whogie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2007

Judged:

We Will Always Miss You Corey We Love You R.I.P lil Corey James Napier See You When Me And Lavar And Dj And Phuda Get (THERE)And For The Person Who Did That He Need To Go To (HELL) We Love You Corey Everbody No You Still Liveing In Your Sister World And La Var All Of Your Nigga I LOVE YOU
whogie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2007

Judged:

r.i.p lil corey we miss you
cant b true

Quakertown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2007

Judged:

i was jus in class with corey talking to him before he left he said he was finna go on a mission and we shook hands , an coming to find like 30-45 minutes later , he ended up getiing killed.. it was crazy because everyone heard the gun shots but didn't anyone think that it b him..
r.i.p. lil corey james napier
fan

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2007

Judged:

who ever killed lil corey u r seriously crazy he sings my favorite song "hush lil lady don't you cry" R.I.P lil corey james napier. god bless!!
concerned

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2007

Judged:

A Friend wrote:
It takes a really sick individual to not only shoot, but kill a child. Did he have kids? Would he like it if someone killed his baby? If Corey's intentions were to break inside the house, he didn't, so tell me what law gives another human the right to control when someone else's child life should end? If this guy walks away free, justice will never get served again. R.I.P Lil Corey Napier
When does someone have the right to break into someones' home or rob another person? It has always been the right for anyone to protect what is theirs.Although Coreys' loss of life was tragic,and God knows it happens to too many of our black youth today, it was still his choice to rob another person.Given the circumstance,wouldn't you protect yours? And don't lie!!!!!!!!
concerned

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2007

Judged:

To all of Coreys' friends.Don't spread hate in his name.Threating someone elses' life will serve no end and only to find yourself in a bad situation.Corey made a choice and it cost him his life.This is relly sad.I send my condolensces to his family.I wish we could all learn from all the tragic events happening to our black youth.It's happening at an alarming rate and instead of looking for solutions, young people want revenge.That only further the hate,crime and injustice. The person that killed him does not feel happy about what happened.He will have to carry that with him for the rest of his life.
There are 2 victims here.Both victims of a society that made it a crime to raise our children properly and made it clear to our youth not to fear authority and a government that takes away every resource available to education and prevention through all their stupid budget cuts,that are always taken from the wrong arena.
Corey is going to be missed.I feel the loss.It hurts all of us when the avoidable happens and a life is lost.Pray for Corey and pray for the other victim.Spread love and find a way to forgive.PLEASE!!!!!!!!!
j-dog

Lansing, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2007

we miss u
Tia Patrick

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2007

Judged:

R.I.P Corey I will always remember you guy!
Taeboo

Jenison, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2007

Judged:

Man corey was my home boy. Man we laugh, kick it, got high, and peeled together. Man I miss him so much, we were supposed to walk the field together. Man I kicked myself cuz he told me he was skippin school that day. Maybe i should of told him not to, but i thought is was just going to be a typical day. I cried myself to sleep on that day. I went to driver eds class pissed, mad at the world, and hurt. I can't change the past, go back in time. I have to keep my head up and keep him and my mind as memories. And in my heart as pictures. I can't wait till his 17 B-day NOV 2. going down. RIP lil corey we are miss you!!!!!
Tommie G

Lansing, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2007

WE miss you cuz
concerned

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2007

Judged:

With words like these, we all can heal. I'm from the " Harbor " too. I have not been home in almost 30 years. Until now, I didn't know how much I missed Benton Harbor and the people in it. I love the city and everyone in it. Continue to remember Corey because his presence will always be missed.Learn from this and he will be happy. I really believe this. Help Benton Harbor become the city it used to be.Help each other to as good and as productive as I know you can be. We, the citizens of Benton Harbor, are no different from anyone else, any place else. We can achieve and success is at your finger tips. Grab it and don't let go.

In memory of Corey
allen13

Lansing, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2007

Judged:

SOME OF YALL IZ LYING
pimp

Lansing, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2007

Judged:

you dont no liln corey so dont talk about him bitch.
allen13

Lansing, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2007

lil corey rip
but ho eva did not him shut up

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Benton Harbor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Immigration - Sodus, MI (Jul '10) Aug 11 sharon 4
Animal cruelty of pigs Aug 8 Paula 1
MI 2010 Michigan Primary Election: Did you vote? (Aug '10) Jul 23 gottondas 5,482
MI Who do you support for Secretary of State in Mi... (Oct '10) Jul '14 maeball 169
Gas prices average $3.72 in West Michigan, thou... Jul '14 Uhuh 9
MI Michigan Felon Politician Ban Amendment, Propos... (Oct '10) Jun '14 lulubell 302
Tabor Farm (Jul '07) Jun '14 cindy 174

Search the Benton Harbor Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Benton Harbor Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Benton Harbor People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE