Racist Benton Township Police

Posted in the Benton Harbor Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Gloria Fuse

Lewisville, TX

#1 Nov 12, 2007
This is Gloria Lilly from Dallas. They just told me today, Monday, November 12 that my mother
(Laura Fuse) and brother (L.D. Fuse Jr)was put in jail. L.D. house alarm
went off this morning. My mother also came. His house was on fire at
1776 Eastland Ave. The police(Benton Township) tried to stop him from
going into the house to get his stuff. They tasered him, he fell on the
ground. They tasered him again. My mother asked them to stop. They threw
her on the ground among many witnesses. John Fuse has the names. They
threw her in the police car and her son for no reason. I called the
station and the police said, " if you don't stop when we tell you, you get
arrested. My mother is 70 years old and is a diabetice with high blood
pressure. My 90 year old father( L.D. Fuse Sr.) was left at home
because they took his wife. Could you please help? I feel helpless being in
Dallas. My mother's phone is address 547 Boynton
Street.
Sincerely,
Gloria Lilly
Dallas, TX
Kiawanis Osiez

United States

#2 Nov 24, 2007
I am originally from benton harbor michigan and I understand your pain however I do still have an uncle in LAw who is an officer of 20plus years with the Benton Township police Department. Maybe we can work on this together
Contact me at [email protected]
BAM BAM

Stevensville, MI

#3 Nov 28, 2007
EVEN THE OFFICERS HAVE NO RESPECT, A ELDERLY PERSON SHOULD HAVE NOT BEEN TREATED IN SUCH A MANNER, UNLESS THEY WAS HARMING SOMEBODY, WHOM DID NOT DESERVE IT...
HAVE RESPECT, DO UNTO OTHERS AS YOU WOULD HAVE DONE UNTO YOU!!
Clancydog

Logan, UT

#4 Dec 4, 2007
Do not judge a police officer until you walk a day in his shoes.
CALoyal

United States

#5 Dec 10, 2007
I have lived in Benton Township most of my life. I have had quite a few encounters with the officers here thanks to my daughters. They have always been respectful, helpful and understanding. These officers have a hard job here. This area is like a mini Detroit. The only advantage they have is that they know the area and the people. Perhaps the officers actions were motivated by past experienc at the address or with the individuals involved. Oh, and what did start that fire?
john

Byron Center, MI

#6 May 18, 2008
its funny what parts of the story dont come out!!
just another black family that is mad at white police officers who tried to do their job!! something that they wouldnt know about!! They only used the amount of force when the subject attempted to hit one of the officers!! They saved the idiots life by not letting him go in after his stuff or else he would have been burned alive.. Dont worry they kept him alive to arrest him another day
Brian Brown

United States

#7 Apr 16, 2009
I regret to say that I was personally responsible for "saving" the Benton Township Police Department back in the early 1980's.
Join me in the fight against corrupt law enforcement, the U.S. Prison Industrial Complex, and the New World Order!
Brian Brown, Ph.D.
(Born and raised in Benton Harbor)
http://www.brianbrown.net
brian(at) broanbrown.net
blond

Saint Joseph, MI

#8 May 4, 2009
I am sick of hearing all the negativity about our Police Departments. With a lot of my friends on different police departments throughout Berrien County, I have never seen so much animosity toward police as I see with Benton Township. Do you have any idea what they go through on a day to day basis? It is really hard day in and day out to do your job, but to have people disrespect you when trying to get things done in the process and criticize every little thing that you do. For things that you can't control!
You ALWAYS get one side of the story, there is always logic to why they wouldn't let him back in. They are trying to do their job, which is keeping everyone safe!!! How is it safe - letting him go back into a burning home? Even if it is for 1 thing? If they would of let him back in, the police - whether Benton Township, St Joseph City, Benton Harbor City, Lincoln Township, whatever the Department and he would of died by smoke inhalation or whatever. They would of never heard the end of it! Just like now, and he is ALIVE and fine! You can't win! No matter what they say or do, they are always messing up - in your eyes! What about all the GOOD they do for our COMMUNITY? What about that? Where are those articles? If you don't like what they do, you try dealing with people like you, and putting them through hell to get their jobs done, day in and day out. It was a fire for crise sake, nothing else needed to be done, but he acted like a fool, so he got what needed to be done, to keep everyone safe! Don't blame Benton Township Police for your brother's stupidity!
a-new-pair-of-ey es

Nashville, TN

#9 May 7, 2009
the weird thing is that i get both sides the lady who rote this has a point her father 90 years old wanting his pocessions which who knows how many memories where taken in that fire i mean the father is 90 years old but then again the police had a order to pursue by keeping him out of harms way and doing their job and the lady "blond" who talked about how hard their job is she's right you really don't know what they go through each day until u live in their shoes and feel things they have felt until then why judge. my mother used to say "u can't control the world only yourself" and the lady who got this started goes the same the police have never been her for a day but what if they had on that day the fire was and that was their parents, would they react differently if it was their 90 year old dad and 70 year old mom with diabetes? i don't know what would of been different but i do know that whoever u are and when ever something like this happens u should always think about what their going through and what your going through, so no matter what ...don't judge until then...
frustrated

Coloma, MI

#10 Apr 22, 2010
So why are they racist? Your title says that the Police are racist but your little blog doesn't explain why you think that. A guy tried to go into a burning house, which would hinder the efforts of the fire department so he got arrested. He fought with Police to a point where he got tased. Where does racism show up? The thing about the internet is that ignorant people can post whatever they want, then more ignorant people take it as fact. I think it's obvious that the racist is YOU. when something bad happens you blame it on color of skin. How about next time let the fire department do their job??????
TAMMY

Benton Harbor, MI

#11 May 10, 2010
FOR ALL OF WHOM HAD NEGATIVITY ON WHAT THIS WOMAN HAD WROTE YOU GUYS DO NOT KNOW RATHER SHE IS BLACK OR WHITE SHE DID NOT SAY WHAT COLOR SHE IS IN THAT BLOG BUT I SEE HOW SOME PEOPLE REACT ON THINGS THAT IS RACIST. HOW COME WHEN THAT WOMAN SAID WHAT SHE HAD TO SAY PEOPLE JUST ASSUME THAT SHE WAS BLACK BEFORE ANYONE SPEAK ON THIS BLOG TAKE A LOOK AT YOURSELF AND ASK YOURSELF DO YOU JUST KEEP BEING AROUND YOUR COLOR OR DO YOU MINGLE WITH OTHER COLORS. IT COULD HAVE BEEN TWO BLACK POLICEMAN DOING THIS SO NO ONE WILL EVER KNOW OR TWO WHITE POLICEMAN SO TELL ME HOW WOULD ONE KNOW THIS LADY IS BLACK OR WHITE. FOR JOHN BABY YOU NEED TO UNDERSTAND THE WORLD IS NOT WHAT IT USE TO BE AND FROM WHAT YOUR ARE SAYING YOU ARE THE IDIOT. I MINGLE WITH EVERY COLOR RATHER I AM WHITE OR NOT IT DOESTN'T MATTER TO ME BECAUSE EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT AND DO NOT LOOK AT THE COLOR OF ANOTHER PERSON SKIN, WHEN PEOPLE LIVE IN THE PAST THEY WILL STAY IN THE PAST AND WON'T KNOW WHAT HIT THEM UNTIL THEY TAKE A LOOK TO THE FUTURE
Eva

Jackson, MI

#12 May 16, 2010
Just ran across this article on the web...maybe this is what Benton Harbor needs as well. And by the way ... very few people that I know of are color blind; to say that you don't see a person's color, that is, skin color, is ridiculous and you are full of pretense in your dealings with them if you fail to acknowledge seeing color and slightly cultural differences. Racism creeps in when there is competition or a jockeying for a superior posturing or position because of the mindset of people who feel that they should always be first because they were always taught that they were better or superior than people of a darker race. White people want to be first, they want to be superior but because some people of color have attained or achieved an identical formal educational status those people must be treated equally. If more people could be color blind though it would make a better society. But it is difficult and depends a lot on your life and the time and experiences when your values, prejudices, ect. were formed.

http://www.hsconnect.com/page/content.detail/...
Peaceandlove

Grand Rapids, MI

#13 Oct 20, 2010
Gloria Fuse wrote:
This is Gloria Lilly from Dallas. They just told me today, Monday, November 12 that my mother
(Laura Fuse) and brother (L.D. Fuse Jr)was put in jail. L.D. house alarm
went off this morning. My mother also came. His house was on fire at
1776 Eastland Ave. The police(Benton Township) tried to stop him from
going into the house to get his stuff. They tasered him, he fell on the
ground. They tasered him again. My mother asked them to stop. They threw
her on the ground among many witnesses. John Fuse has the names. They
threw her in the police car and her son for no reason. I called the
station and the police said, " if you don't stop when we tell you, you get
arrested. My mother is 70 years old and is a diabetice with high blood
pressure. My 90 year old father( L.D. Fuse Sr.) was left at home
because they took his wife. Could you please help? I feel helpless being in
Dallas. My mother's phone is address 547 Boynton
Street.
Sincerely,
Gloria Lilly
Dallas, TX
I know Officer Igert personally. He called your mother a "stupid (N word)". If you check with CPS, he is currently under investigation for molesting his 8 year old child. How much more will this officer get away with before someone stops him. He is pure evil hiding behind a badge.
j03jim09

Ashburn, VA

#14 Oct 21, 2010
ha come to new york and you'll see racist,but eather way its not right what thay did i hope you and your fam sue them,and im from b.h.from what i hear and read its getting bad there.
Puffgluv

Newton, IA

#16 Nov 23, 2010
I see the same ole' thing is going on in Benton harbor!!! I'm 42 years old and live in B.h till I was 26 (off and on). When I was sixteen I lived on Territorial road. Myself, Mother, Step father and Brother were arrested in 1984 for resisting arrest. My Mother was the assistant city clerk at the time. Benton habor, benton township, and Berrien county police were all called to our home. My Mother called a friend who was a Michigan state police officer and the city manager who came to our aid. We were released after two hours and filled a lawsuit against all who were involved. I feel for the citizens still living there. It seems some things will never change. I soon will be starting a radio station that will be dealing with these situations not only in Benton harbor but cities like this all over the country. If you have any stories of such "dealings with police or any other person miss using their authority you can leave a message at: [email protected] The station will be called PUFFGLUV RADIO and will be broacast over the internet. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!
Puffgluv

Newton, IA

#17 Nov 23, 2010
Hi Gloria. Sory to hear about your family's ordeal in Benton harbor. Please read my reply to this article (below) and if you reply I will get this information out. Truely, Puffgluv radio.(Bobby Dean Burke Jr.) [email protected]
PRINCE

Saint Joseph, MI

#18 Nov 29, 2010
Yes The Police Department AS A WHOLE IS RACIST ALL OVER THE COUNTRY,THEY RUN AROUND LIKE THE KLAN.UNTIL THE LAW ABIDEING CITIZENS THAT ARE MISTREATED BY RACIST COPS START DOING WHAT THEY ARE DOING IN CHICAGO, IT WILL CONTINUE ON.DEFEND YOURSELF FROM THE ABUSE OF THESE KLANSMEN IN UNIFORM. ITS BETTER TO BE JUDGED BY 12 THAN CARRIED BY SIX.HOW THEY FEEL IF THEIR MOTHER WAS TREATED THAT WAY.
gloria fuse

Fort Worth, TX

#19 Dec 30, 2010
Kiawanis Osiez wrote:
I am originally from benton harbor michigan and I understand your pain however I do still have an uncle in LAw who is an officer of 20plus years with the Benton Township police Department. Maybe we can work on this together
Contact me at [email protected]
My brother died november 17, 2010. I am a RN in Dallas thinking about legal actions.
gloria fuse

Fort Worth, TX

#20 Dec 30, 2010
Clancydog wrote:
Do not judge a police officer until you walk a day in his shoes.
Do not judge a Registerd Nurse until you walk a day in his or her shoes.(But we do judge them don't we?)
gloria fuse

Fort Worth, TX

#21 Dec 30, 2010
CALoyal wrote:
I have lived in Benton Township most of my life. I have had quite a few encounters with the officers here thanks to my daughters. They have always been respectful, helpful and understanding. These officers have a hard job here. This area is like a mini Detroit. The only advantage they have is that they know the area and the people. Perhaps the officers actions were motivated by past experienc at the address or with the individuals involved. Oh, and what did start that fire?
There are good cops and corrupt ones. We have seen the horror movie where a cop does evil and hides it well. Everybody's job is hard but it doesn't give you the right to be evil-handed because you have a clown suit on. A house on fire shouldn't turn into assaults, arrests and tassering. The fire was started within the chimmney system.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Benton Harbor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
In search of family of Laura Reid Mitchell May 21 nickimouse 1
Vacation home May 8 Sznajder 1
News Innocent man ends up pals with crooked cop that... Apr '16 Joice 1
News These Lake Michigan beaches are getting more sa... Apr '16 next 1
Beautifull curious Black Bear Apr '16 Citizen 1
News Benton Twp Murder Suspect Has Trial Set For April Mar '16 patipan 2
News BH Commission Extends Watsona s Contract Feb '16 insane Vl 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Benton Harbor Mortgages