Alton, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2010

Judged:

Do believe Lindsey (Fountain Lakes Apts) has a possible scam with collecting deposits for new apartments and not returning deposits when apartment in piss poor condition and prospective tenant refuses to accept same crappy apartment. Any other disgruntled Lindsey customers??
Unhappy customer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2011

Judged:

The management is rude, slacking in their work and slow to fix things. It took them 2 months to respond to a written notice and they are filled with excuses when they do. Not helpful in the least. Plus the apartment fixtures are outdated and they refuse to replace them.
countryboy

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2011

I lived in the Greens for five years. After two years I moved apartments. Vicki insisted she had issued me a refund for the first apartment when I moved (since the butthole made me pay another deposit for the new one). I never saw the check though and after about a year of trying to get it from her I gave up.

Finally bought a house and moved out of that hellhole. They kept my deposit and sent me a 200 dollar bill because one of the cheap doorstops had to be replaced. I told her that was what the security deposit was for and to shove it. So glad to be out of that crap.
curious

Jerseyville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2011

Who the hell pays 200 dollars for a door stop anyways? What a rip off... you can buy them all day every day @ lowes for a few dollars and Wal-mart has them as well...couple mins to put one on. Wow
duped

Glen Carbon, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2011

Judged:

countryboy wrote:
I lived in the Greens for five years. After two years I moved apartments. Vicki insisted she had issued me a refund for the first apartment when I moved (since the butthole made me pay another deposit for the new one). I never saw the check though and after about a year of trying to get it from her I gave up.
Finally bought a house and moved out of that hellhole. They kept my deposit and sent me a 200 dollar bill because one of the cheap doorstops had to be replaced. I told her that was what the security deposit was for and to shove it. So glad to be out of that crap.
They must have a real racket going on there. You go in there and apply for apartment. You ask to see the apartment. They say no because there are no empty ones at this time. They show you a beautiful apartment on the computer. They say there should be an opening in a month and if you put a deposit down will be at top of list. Like a total idiot I paid the deposit. Three months later they call about the available apartment saying it is ready. You rush to Benton from out of state and is told apartment will be ready later in day but go ahead and sign the lease. This is when I got pissed. Told her I wanted to see it. Demanded to see it.

When I walked in apartment almost got sick. It was a total piece
of crap. Told her no way would I take it and wanted my money back.
She said no. Called Lindsey Mgt and they said no.

Needless to say, I got educated that day.
Anonymous

Benton, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2011

Has anyone heard of the B.B.B.? While i can belive their getting away with this in Saline Co. Has anyone tried to talk to someone at the State? Don't waste your time talking to the "person " on site. Talk to their boss & be ready to keep climeing !
LoGo

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2011

Judged:

I worked for Lindsey Management for a while, biggest joke of my life. There was no eligibiity to move up because my husband had a better job with way better benefits so i left the company. i then had 72 hours to vacate. They are complete hipocrits as well. I know Vicki bc her and her husband were the management at the Green when I worked for LM as well. Dogwood Lakes apartments were pretty much the same as the Green's just cheaper. We showed apartments but they were way nicer than what we rented out. They dont have "professionals" that come in and clean, there was some one named Robby that cleaned them. Jim Lindsey doesnt give two sh!ts about his customers nor employees. I did have one set of amazing managers out of the 4 sets that were there when I was. Thankfully though they finally moved on to a better life outside of LM.
Ripped off in Little Rock

Antioch, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2011

I hate Lindsey Management with a passion. i wouldn't let my dog live there. I lived at Eagle Nest for about 2 and 1/2 years. During that short period of time, they changed management about 4 times without even notifying the tennants. Then when I vacated the property, my lease was up on September the 28th. I gave them my notice on Sept 2. I moved out on Sept. 30th. Do you know these crooks kept my deposit saying that because it was not a full 30 days of my notice to vacate, that I didn't satisfy the full 30 days so that was the reason for them not giving me back my deposit because I was shy of 1 day. Keep in mind that they blew my phone up trying to see was I out yet and I told them I couldn't move everything in the middle of the week because I had to work and I had to wait until that Friday night when my help was available. So I'm thinking to myself, had I gotten out when they wanted me out, then they were going to still keep my deposit because I didn't satisfy the FULL 30 days. I mean really, what was one day? Something DEFINATELY NEEDS TO BE DONE ABOUT LINDSEY MANAGEMENT BECAUSE THEY CANNOT KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS. I'm open for suggestions on help with putting an end to this madness they are doing.
sad to say the truth

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2011

my husband and I field out an application and paid our deposit and everything was fine picked out our apartment and two weeks go by and we get a call saying no one with misdemeanors can live there. Took 3 weeks to get the deposit back. I understand felonies but a misdemeanor that happened almost 6 years ago really? Called their back ground check people you can't have one for ten years. They are taking over every where might as well live on the street....
sad to say the truth

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2011

sorry phone messed up Filled* NOT FIELD
guero

Broken Arrow, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2011

Judged:

Moved into the greens at broken arrow. Same story...can't see the apartment until you sign the lease. Moved in to an apartment infested with roaches. Told management that this was unacceptable. Went all the way up to Wendy, the "director" of "resident relations." They state that it is my responsibility since I signed the lease. I advised that I signed the lease in good faith thinking that I would be provided a nice place for my pregnant wife and I. "Section 32" is all they would tell me along with some great advice on pesticides to purchase (can't believe they would send me an e-mail with this advice lol). I'm very upset, but I never lost my cool with them. I asked Wendy to let me speak to her supervisor and she beats her chest screaming "I am the director! I am the director! There's no one else to speak to! I am the director!!" Get a life lady and a conscience. You cannot treat people like this. Yes, I did sign the lease, but you wouldn't let me see the place otherwise. I asked for them to take care of the situation and we'd come back when it is under control and she refused.
You win Lindsey Management! Congratulations and I hope you're proud of yourself.
Other than that I have no complaints.
tpain

El Paso, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2011

Judged:

WESTWOOD APARTMENTS IS A TOTAL RIP OFF!!!!!!!!!! I WILL ADVISE ANYONE NOT TO STAY THERE.
jessie a

Hot Springs National Park, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2011

Judged:

Ripped off in Little Rock wrote:
I hate Lindsey Management with a passion. i wouldn't let my dog live there. I lived at Eagle Nest for about 2 and 1/2 years. During that short period of time, they changed management about 4 times without even notifying the tennants. Then when I vacated the property, my lease was up on September the 28th. I gave them my notice on Sept 2. I moved out on Sept. 30th. Do you know these crooks kept my deposit saying that because it was not a full 30 days of my notice to vacate, that I didn't satisfy the full 30 days so that was the reason for them not giving me back my deposit because I was shy of 1 day. Keep in mind that they blew my phone up trying to see was I out yet and I told them I couldn't move everything in the middle of the week because I had to work and I had to wait until that Friday night when my help was available. So I'm thinking to myself, had I gotten out when they wanted me out, then they were going to still keep my deposit because I didn't satisfy the FULL 30 days. I mean really, what was one day? Something DEFINATELY NEEDS TO BE DONE ABOUT LINDSEY MANAGEMENT BECAUSE THEY CANNOT KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS. I'm open for suggestions on help with putting an end to this madness they are doing.
They did the same things to me and my husband at the links in Conway! We worked out if town all the time and called and talked to a girl am told her we will be in tomorrow to report our 30 day move out and we did she just said she couldn't find the paper work cause she was new!! A couple days later we went back Down there explaining what happen they said it was ok an we signed the papers and was after we moved out we called to give them new address to send the deposit and they said we didn't give 30 days and they said that girl we talked to didn't work there anymore so sorry about your luck!!! I hate them!!! I will never rent from them again!!
Brilliant

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2012

Judged:

They f~cked my daughter over and kept her deposit, too. There ought to be a way to file a class-action suit. There's enough people to justify one!!!
one pissed off resident

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2012

Judged:

What I don't understand about Lindsey management, they spend lots of money on marketing how great there apartments are, how about spending that money on keeping their tenants happy. Word of mouth is the best marketing tool. They claim to have affordable luxury living. What a joke. Poor quality apts.
Worked for Lindsey

Fayetteville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2012

I worked for them for 2 yrs very hard got the apt full for the first time in years. In the end my bullshit managers found out I had a dog that I didn't tell them abt bc I refused to pay 300$ deposit AND 25$ a month and they treated me like shit said I broke their trust, and the rules are there for a reason well news flash they often broke tge "rules" they own a house (against Lindsey rules bc you have to live insure to work there) they left for hrs on end leaving me to do all the work and constantly looked away or made exceptions to rules for other tenants. I got paid 7.5$ an hr doing a 10$(at least) hr job got a slight discount (but still had to pay something for my apt) and no benefits no chance to move up and when we didn't have a maintanance guy I had to do all of that work too and didn't get paid anymore. They word their documents to take your $ and trap you into taking you'd deposit. We had a guy that came and put down his deposit and 30 min later called and said tge other place he wanted came available and he was going to bring a new check to pay his app fee and get his deposit check back (that we hadn't even cashed) and I had to say no 30min later!!!! I have so many bs stories this company is greedy and they teach all their employees that. STAY AWAY THERE ARE BETTER DEALS
LM job in Conway

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Worked for Lindsey wrote:
I worked for them for 2 yrs very hard got the apt full for the first time in years. In the end my bullshit managers found out I had a dog that I didn't tell them abt bc I refused to pay 300$ deposit AND 25$ a month and they treated me like shit said I broke their trust, and the rules are there for a reason well news flash they often broke tge "rules" they own a house (against Lindsey rules bc you have to live insure to work there) they left for hrs on end leaving me to do all the work and constantly looked away or made exceptions to rules for other tenants. I got paid 7.5$ an hr doing a 10$(at least) hr job got a slight discount (but still had to pay something for my apt) and no benefits no chance to move up and when we didn't have a maintanance guy I had to do all of that work too and didn't get paid anymore. They word their documents to take your $ and trap you into taking you'd deposit. We had a guy that came and put down his deposit and 30 min later called and said tge other place he wanted came available and he was going to bring a new check to pay his app fee and get his deposit check back (that we hadn't even cashed) and I had to say no 30min later!!!! I have so many bs stories this company is greedy and they teach all their employees that. STAY AWAY THERE ARE BETTER DEALS
I am interested in getting a foot in the door in this industry and there is a position open in Conway for an Assistant Manager team. I am looking at stopping by to get some information. I would be doing the job alone if they allow it. I would be interested to hear more info about it if you have the time. Hours / Starting Pay ($7.50/hr is almost min wage!) How does rent work if you live onsite) Thanks for any info you can provide.
post Lindsey resident

Fayetteville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2012

I moved out the end of June 2012. I gave 30 day notice and left the apartment clean. I lived there for 5 years. They wanted to charge me for painting it 2x because of chips in the paint! It's considered wear and tear to everybody else but LM. Okay, I'll be taking them to small claims soon also for charging me for wear and tear on blinds and drip pans! Anybody else want to join in the lawsuit?
PS I moved the a Trinity duplex by Wedington and it's worse or just the same. I got cockroaches, broken fans, backdoor won't open, weather striping gone, toilets won't flush completely, and the dishwasher won't drain completely. I suppose I didn't learn the first time.
Former Resident Cliffs

Fayetteville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2012

I saw the post above and wanted to say thta I ended moving out becauseI couldn't trust the maintance stealing my stuff!! Mario (maintance) came to 'fix' my sink and took the $20 off the counter. I blame myself for leaving money out knowing that maintance was to come by. To Mario - you're an ahole that can't be trusted!!!
dcb

Benton, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2012

It sounds like some of these are violations of the Arkansas Deceptive Trace Practices Act. The Act allows for private causes of action. There's probably enough victims for a class action. If you'd like to discuss feel free to email me at Lawyerark@yahoo.com

4-88-107. Deceptive and unconscionable trade practices generally.
(a) Deceptive and unconscionable trade practices made unlawful and prohibited by this
chapter include, but are not limited to, the following:
(1) Knowingly making a false representation as to the characteristics, ingredients, uses,
benefits, alterations, source, sponsorship, approval, or certification of goods or services or as to
whether goods are original or new or of a particular standard, quality, grade, style, or model;

(10) Engaging in any other unconscionable, false, or deceptive act or practice in
business, commerce, or trade;

(2) The concealment, suppression, or omission of any material fact with intent that
others rely upon the concealment, suppression, or omission.

4-88-113(f) Any person who suffers actual damage or injury as a result of an offense or violation as defined in this chapter has a cause of action to recover actual damages, if appropriate, and reasonable attorney's fees.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Benton Discussions

Search the Benton Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Bryant Supe 8 min Boss 4
superintendant fired (Apr '11) 9 min Boss 5
drug and child abuse 12 min Surprising 6
Courtney Speer (Oct '12) 19 min CrimeSux 44
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 46 min Pondering 28,954
korey skinner 1 hr laugh 3
AR More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark (Jan '11) 2 hr whiskers 9,788
•••
•••
•••
•••

Benton Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Benton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••