Uranium Mining Takes Center Stage in VA

The debate over uranium mining in Virginia is expected to be on full display as the Coal and Energy Commission takes up the issue in Richmond. Full Story
Da Troof

Charlottesville, VA

#1 Jan 7, 2013
Where's Robert Hurt on this?
central va marine

Scottsville, VA

#2 Jan 7, 2013
Uranium Mining, uranium mining .. hum, wasn't there a story recently about a certain U.S. Congressman running for reelection whose family may had holdings in uranium sites in Virginia?

Seems to me that the Congressman declared himself innocent of any knowledge of those apparent FACTS. Then left town to do his part to continue to decrease the popularity of Congress.

Wonder if there is a connection between that revelation and now the State Legislature want to address some updating.? Well of course not. Nah, Politicians don't lie.

more to come (for sure)
Native

Charlottesville, VA

#3 Jan 7, 2013
central va marine wrote:
Uranium Mining, uranium mining .. hum, wasn't there a story recently about a certain U.S. Congressman running for reelection whose family may had holdings in uranium sites in Virginia?
Seems to me that the Congressman declared himself innocent of any knowledge of those apparent FACTS. Then left town to do his part to continue to decrease the popularity of Congress.
Wonder if there is a connection between that revelation and now the State Legislature want to address some updating.? Well of course not. Nah, Politicians don't lie.
more to come (for sure)
But the investment pays really well!
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#4 Jan 7, 2013
I like to see my water in the dark.
Dude

Marshall, VA

#5 Jan 7, 2013
huck wrote:
I like to see my water in the dark.
it's not the water that glows or pollutes...gosh, I thought this was settled.
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#6 Jan 7, 2013
Dude wrote:
<quoted text>it's not the water that glows or pollutes...gosh, I thought this was settled.
right, i forgot
waiting to post on the rob bell voter id story
Uraniuam

Meadows Of Dan, VA

#7 Jan 7, 2013
for those who are not physicists, you are in the dark over your ignorance on Uranium.
sez you

Charlottesville, VA

#8 Jan 7, 2013
Uraniuam wrote:
for those who are not physicists, you are in the dark over your ignorance on Uranium.
Well we're not all environmentalist either but we know where acid rain comes from.
thinking free

Charlottesville, VA

#9 Jan 7, 2013
Lift the ban, I too own land that will make me obama rich!
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#10 Jan 8, 2013
http://dls.virginia.gov/commissions/cec.htm...

nice bipartisan selection to represent the populace
friends of the environment, all GOP, save one token dem from Roanoke
John Henry Smith

Waynesboro, VA

#11 Jan 8, 2013
They did not mention the 80 Billion stood to be made and how much goes into the pockets of our congressmen that vote yes. They always cover it up by all the jobs that will be created. Look at some of the areas that this is going on in. They cant drink there water they cant water there stock, there land is worthless. The half life of the waste is hundreds of years. Watch closely to see how our new congress gets bought.Send a message to your reps. if you have time vote no. All the regulation in the world cannot stop the contamination.
Uranus

Charlottesville, VA

#12 Jan 8, 2013
Uraniuam wrote:
for those who are not physicists, you are in the dark over your ignorance on Uranium.
Yes Einstein, but we'll be glow in the dark soon.
John Henry Smith

Waynesboro, VA

#13 Jan 8, 2013
Just one more thought, why would a congressman from northern va. be so interested in mining in Southern Va. I wonder if you read this ch-29 ask for info would like to get passed the jobs blow. cut to the chase ask the question what- Is his interest

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bensley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why They Hate Obama (Aug '13) 3 hr VN Vet 12,335
ISIS Already in U.S. Fri nonewhammers 3
Citizens of 7th Congressional District NOW HAVE... Fri hummertime 3
Yes There us Taxation without Representation Fri no hammer time 4
Wrong Move Dealing with ISIS Fri AreYouSaying 3
Obama/Congress Made Wrong Move Dealing with ISIS Fri Stewart 3
cherise.... where are you when i need you? Fri Tumlin 2
Bensley Dating
Find my Match

Bensley Jobs

Bensley People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Bensley News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Bensley

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]