Why They Hate Obama

Why They Hate Obama

There are 12489 comments on the The Daily Beast story from Aug 8, 2013, titled Why They Hate Obama. In it, The Daily Beast reports that:

As the Virginia Flaggers loft their Confederate flag in opposition to the 'tyranny' of 2013, Jamelle Bouie argues that racial bias plays at least some part in Obama's collapse in the South.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Daily Beast.

common sense

Coffeyville, KS

#11135 Apr 25, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
That is precisely what it does.
English not your primary language, eh, shug?
Well shug...considering that all those dems that want to spout all that crap about how it does just that and yet they require a photo id just to go listen to them talk about it I can't believe that dems would deny or try in any way to keep out anyone from hearing them spout their bs....so is requiring a photo id to sit in and listen to our president or one of those dems trying to deny the poor and the minorities from even hearing and being in the presence of one of those dems or of their very own president??? Surely not!

When they require a photo id just to go into their little town hall meeting or a speech by the president so they can spew their bs about how R's are just trying to stifle their vote by requiring a photo id and the idiots that just had to show their photo id to get in can't see the hypocrisy of it then you know we're in some serious trouble and not far from falling completely off the cliff of ignorance!
common sense

Coffeyville, KS

#11136 Apr 25, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Then prove it, darling.
Let's start with pretending you pick your Koch brother and show us the 59 higher contributers.
Look it up darling! I'm not your bitch!

I just typed in top donor list and the first one I went too had the Koch brothers at #46 and there were 10 unions listed before them.
The proof is there for the reading, but I know how you libs like to pretend if you can't see it then it doesn't exist so I'm sure you won't bother. But the truth is what it is whether you look for it or not!

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

#11137 Apr 25, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>I notice you have a Richmond, VA ISP. How many years has that shyt hole town been ranked in the top ten on crime rate?
Richmond is the worst thing about I-95, too.
and Foster is from around there too, maybe they are cousins.?

Adam 36

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#11138 Apr 25, 2014
It turns out the 'Evil' Koch Bros. are only the 59th biggest donors in American politics. Can you guess who is number one?

http://washingtonexaminer.com/it-turns-out-th...

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#11139 Apr 25, 2014
common sense wrote:
<quoted text>
Well shug...considering that all those dems that want to spout all that crap about how it does just that and yet they require a photo id
Let me know when you figure out the difference between attending a political conference and voting.

Hint: One's a right.
common sense

Coffeyville, KS

#11144 Apr 25, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me know when you figure out the difference between attending a political conference and voting.
Hint: One's a right.
Shouldn't BOTH be a right? Afterall the political conference, town hall meeting, etc. are OUR elected officials either trying to get us on their side of an issue or trying to get our votes, or maybe trying to answer questions asked by those that did vote for them or that they are again trying to get a vote from. We elect these people so they owe us explanations, answers, their view on issues, and they want our votes again in most cases....they work for US, so it damn sure ought to be a right to hear them speak after we gave them the damn job in the first place!

And it is a right....for CITIZENS of the USA....so yes you should certainly have to prove you are one and if the votes can only be cast by certain districts then you should certainly have to prove you are a member of that district when you vote.

There is NO trying to stop anyone from voting except those that shouldn't and you should have to prove you are one of the people that have that right. We all know we have millions of illegals in this country.....everyone knows that. In order to vote you should have to prove you are not one of them!

Most rights come with responsibility....I know it's a word that most liberals either don't know don't understand or just plain don't believe in but it's still a fact. We are given all sorts of rights in this country.....all of them come with some responsibility!

Location hidden

#11145 Apr 25, 2014
common sense wrote:
<quoted text>
Shouldn't BOTH be a right?!
Let's start with voting...

Location hidden

#11146 Apr 25, 2014
common sense wrote:
And it is a right....for CITIZENS of the USA....so yes you should certainly have to prove you are one
Where is that in the US Constitution?

Let's start with the fact that you are a citizen and you have been registered to vote for fifty years already.

And then someone like you steps up and demands that you need to show a photo ID to vote.

Location hidden

#11147 Apr 25, 2014
common sense wrote:
<
There is NO trying to stop anyone from voting
This is- on its face- an outright lie.

So we have established, at least- what it is you are.
common sense

Coffeyville, KS

#11148 Apr 25, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I stand corrected....

There is NO trying to stop legal citizen's from voting! There feel better?

Tell me how asking someone for a photo id even after they have voted for 50 years and never had to show one before, tell me how that is trying to stop them from voting.

Is the store trying to stop citizens of legal age from buying alcohol or cigs just because they want to see a photo id first or are they just trying to prove that you have a legal right to buy them because you are of legal age to buy them?

Is the bar that stops you at the door and wants to see your photo id trying to stop you from going in and spending your money or are they just trying to make sure that you are of legal age to enter?

There is absolutely no reason why anyone of legal age would not have a photo id or at the very least have the ability to get one, especially in the states that said they would at no cost to the individual provide you with one. If it is free to get one and even if you have to pay for one you only have to pay the fee for it every six years now just like a license if you have to get a state id card instead of a license you still get it for the same length of time.

The fact is there is no reason for anyone to suggest that insisting on having a photo id in order to vote for the president is just an attempt to stop legal citizens from voting. The point is to make sure ONLY legal citizens do vote and we have every right to suggest that be the case. There are all sorts of ways that those that mean us harm will attempt to cause us harm and it is not that far fetched to believe they would do so through our elections as well. It is also not unreasonable to believe that illegal immigrants would try and do vote at times in our elections in order to add votes to those politicians that they feel will favor their cause and the facts are they have NO RIGHT to vote in our elections and we should most certainly make sure they are not. It might be different if we didn't have MILLIONS of illegals here but we do. We are not talking a small little group of illegals that wouldn't effect an election by voting one way or another anyway due to their small numbers but we know we have millions and we can't even tell how many millions we do have for sure.

Face it, dems just don't want the ability to cheat in elections to be hurt by people actually having to prove they have the right to vote...and only once! Otherwise they would be all for only legal eligible citizens voting in our elections. there is no reason to oppose it!
common sense

Coffeyville, KS

#11149 Apr 25, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
We can solve the problem of it supposedly being some burden on minorities to get a state issued id even when it is being offered by some states for free by doing what other countries do.... we can just have ink at the voting polls and you can just dip and dab your finger print on the registration rolls. There you go, no cost to the voter at all, we will or could at least be assured you only vote ONE time since if you already have ink on your finger you obviously have already voted therefor you can't vote again and if you do then the people working the voting booths would be charged with fraud right along with you since there is no way they could not tell your finger was inked. Problem solved.....your welcome!

Location hidden

#11154 Apr 25, 2014
common sense wrote:
Tell me how asking someone for a photo id even after they have voted for 50 years and never had to show one before, tell me how that is trying to stop them from voting.
Are you particularly slow this morning?

Someone who has been voting legally for fifty years- never needing a photo ID- goes in to vote as is her right and you stand in front of her and demand a photo ID to proceed.

Which isn't.

Location hidden

#11155 Apr 25, 2014
common sense wrote:
Is the store trying to stop citizens of legal age from buying alcohol or cigs
You do not have a constitutional right to buy either.

Now a person who has already voted has established that right to vote already.

You suggest you have the right to impose more restrictions.

Why not a retinal scan?

Location hidden

#11156 Apr 25, 2014
common sense wrote:
we can just have ink at the voting polls and you can just dip and dab your finger print on the registration rolls.
So you want a national databank of everyone's fingerprints, eh?

Location hidden

#11157 Apr 25, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
So why doesn't the US Government sell the land to private owners?
Oh, so the richest one percent can own 26 percent of America?

What do you suppose we can get for Yellowstone Park?

Location hidden

#11158 Apr 25, 2014
PS: Bundy already STIFFED us on the rent and now you think he can write a check that doesn't bounce?
VN Vet

Hopewell, VA

#11159 Apr 25, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you particularly slow this morning?
Someone who has been voting legally for fifty years- never needing a photo ID- goes in to vote as is her right and you stand in front of her and demand a photo ID to proceed.
Which isn't.
That person at the voting booth has NO IDEA who you are, and you could say you are Obama and want to vote in his place. You liberal nut-jobs are just wanting people to vote more then once and illegals to vote for your leftist progressive pukes. We have to show an ID here in Virginia, and we are damn happy to do it.

Location hidden

#11160 Apr 25, 2014
VN Vet wrote:
<quoted text>That person at the voting booth has NO IDEA who you are
You've never worked at the polls and apparently not voted since your conviction. You name's in a book and when you go to vote, you sign the book and they match the signature.

If someone signed already, most people remember it wasn't them that voted.

In this country, we ain't got no stinking national ID card, shug.

We don't need one.

PS: tell me, shug... how do they check photo ID on vote by mail?

Location hidden

#11161 Apr 25, 2014
VN Vet wrote:
You liberal nut-jobs are just wanting people to vote more then once
You conservative nut jobs are concerned about Democrats voting just once.

That is why you work so hard in trying to keep valid people from voting.
RVA

Richmond, VA

#11162 Apr 25, 2014
common sense wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh please.....asking for a valid picture id is not denying anyone the right to vote, it just insures that only those that have the right too actually are the ONLY ones to vote. And the Koch thing is not only not going to work for you libs but it's really just getting old. There is far too much proof that they are like number 59 or so on the list of highest contributors to politics and the top ones are mostly all democrat and unions!!!
So keep on with the whining about big money being used to buy politicians and buy our country.....it will backfire!!!
Voter fraud is not that prevalent in any jurisdiction....you ppl. are delusional. Who in their right mind need to subject themselves to jail time for voting as another person. That's just plain stupid. Yeah, the Supreme Court granted the Koch/Rove money launderers the right to spend like a drunken sailor on loser candidates. They should know by now, money cannot buy an election....unless its in a RED state.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bensley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chris Sarlo (Nov '16) Dec '16 Wendy 2
need private investor? (Feb '13) Feb '13 private investor 1
News Chester Fire: Chesterfield County Row House Bur... (Jul '10) Jul '10 Jewell 2
News Richmond Paramedic Accused of Possessing Child ... (Mar '10) Jun '10 Glen Allen 42

Bensley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bensley Mortgages