VA Senate Panel Again Kills Gun Show Loophole Bill

Full story: NBC29 Charlottesville

A Virginia Senate committee has again killed legislation to close the so-called "gun show loophole." The Courts of Justice Committee voted 11-3 to reject the measure Monday.

Comments (Page 9)

Showing posts 161 - 180 of279
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
new hammer time

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

ahitem wrote:
<quoted text>
Two former CIA officials have admitted to creating a fake video in which intelligence officers dressed up as Osama Bin Laden and his cronies in an effort to defame the terrorist leader throughout the middle east.
The details are outlined in a Washington Post article by investigative reporter and former Army Intelligence case officer Jeff Stein.
because its all bs!!! open your eyes our enemy is the evil that rules
anything former cia agents does is suspect.....they're like FOX, always bringing the wrong shyt up to make money. why act like an ignorant a-hole.
Thnks Vets

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Boodreau wrote:
<quoted text>Like they would hire some ancient vietnam vet who obviously spent way to much time exposed to agent orange to hobble over and confiscate a gun.
Some of those old Vietnam vets faced way scary things and endured pain that you can't even imagine, you a@@, and unlike over half of our elected officials answered the call of duty when called upon. When you speak of Vietnam vets or any war vets I would suggest you show some respect.
hitem

Rustburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

new hammer time wrote:
<quoted text>
i'm retired Mothrafudder....you need the damn job to support your meth. habit.
Shhhhh, your admitting to ignorance are you no child left behind
Boodreau

Waynesboro, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Thnks Vets wrote:
<quoted text>
Some of those old Vietnam vets faced way scary things and endured pain that you can't even imagine, you ****, and unlike over half of our elected officials answered the call of duty when called upon. When you speak of Vietnam vets or any war vets I would suggest you show some respect.
I respect vets but not the one i posted that to
new hammer time

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Boodreau wrote:
<quoted text>I respect vets but not the one i posted that to
you never respected Vets.....stop the lying.
Boodreau

Waynesboro, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

new hammer time wrote:
<quoted text>
you never respected Vets.....stop the lying.
Crawl back under your rock with the original mc and whitney uncle ben

Since: Aug 10

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Absolutely amazing how far these threads degenerate.....
new hammer time

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Eternity325 wrote:
just like bill o'rielly would say...."caution: this is the no-spin zone." can't handle it, proceed elsewhere governor.

Since: Feb 10

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Eternity325 wrote:
GUNS
In 2011,
195,000 deaths from “medical errors”
32,367 people died in car “accidents”
1694 people were murdered by knives
726 died by hands or feet
496 died by clubs or hammers
12,565 deaths by guns,(7,804 suicides)
323 by rifles of ANY KIND
And idiots like Bloomberg, Feinstein, Biden and Obama want to ban semi-automatic rifles???

Almost as bad as having nop-show nothead in Congress.
new hammer time

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

va_tazdad wrote:
<quoted text>
GUNS
In 2011,
195,000 deaths from “medical errors”
32,367 people died in car “accidents”
1694 people were murdered by knives
726 died by hands or feet
496 died by clubs or hammers
12,565 deaths by guns,(7,804 suicides)
323 by rifles of ANY KIND
And idiots like Bloomberg, Feinstein, Biden and Obama want to ban semi-automatic rifles???
Almost as bad as having nop-show nothead in Congress.
one death from guns is still too much....most are preventable.

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

new hammer time wrote:
<quoted text>
one death from guns is still too much....most are preventable.
Yes, because the rest of the deaths on that list were completely 100% unavoidable, and not as important because something other than a gun was the cause of death.*rolls eyes*
new hammer time

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Eternity325 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, because the rest of the deaths on that list were completely 100% unavoidable, and not as important because something other than a gun was the cause of death.*rolls eyes*
thanks for the comment....good day
VN Vet

Hopewell, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Yes, those deaths were avoidable. If people didn't try to commit crimes, people wouldn't be killed as a result. If someone tries to break into my home, their death will be unavoidable. That is a promise, no need for a trial, judge, or jury. Justice will already be done. All they have to do to avoid this, is to not try to do the crime.
sez you

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

VN Vet wrote:
Yes, those deaths were avoidable. If people didn't try to commit crimes, people wouldn't be killed as a result. If someone tries to break into my home, their death will be unavoidable. That is a promise, no need for a trial, judge, or jury. Justice will already be done. All they have to do to avoid this, is to not try to do the crime.
Another old fat white guy boasting about how bad he is. Geat a life. Hold on to YOURSELF if need to feel good.
Boodreau

Waynesboro, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

sez you wrote:
<quoted text>Another old fat white guy boasting about how bad he is. Geat a life. Hold on to YOURSELF if need to feel good.
So what are you going to do if someone breaks into your home since you don't trust the police and believe guns are evil
sez you

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Boodreau wrote:
<quoted text>So what are you going to do if someone breaks into your home since you don't trust the police and believe guns are evil
First and foremost I don't live in a world of paranoia and fear. But regardless, those who espouse the gun nut mentality do so only as a substitute for failings of a small mind and a smaller self image. The only way for them to compensate is to grab on to something that makes them feel like a man, a gun. All the rest is horse hockey. Stuff happens, if someone has a bead on your arse its over.
Boodreau

Waynesboro, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

sez you wrote:
<quoted text>First and foremost I don't live in a world of paranoia and fear. But regardless, those who espouse the gun nut mentality do so only as a substitute for failings of a small mind and a smaller self image. The only way for them to compensate is to grab on to something that makes them feel like a man, a gun. All the rest is horse hockey. Stuff happens, if someone has a bead on your arse its over.
Nice spew. Now please answer the question. If someone breaks into your home what are you goin to do since you don't trust the police and believe firearms are evil?
In the know

Wiggins, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

sez you wrote:
<quoted text>First and foremost I don't live in a world of paranoia and fear. But regardless, those who espouse the gun nut mentality do so only as a substitute for failings of a small mind and a smaller self image. The only way for them to compensate is to grab on to something that makes them feel like a man, a gun. All the rest is horse hockey. Stuff happens, if someone has a bead on your arse its over.
"Gun Nut Mentality"? So, you are saying that people who collect guns, instead of anything else are nuts? You sre saying that anybody who participates in the competitive sport of shooting is a nut? You say that anybody who plans to protect his family is a nut? Funny thing is that all men might be created equal, however, in the real world some people are older, weaker and not as strong as others and they need to feel secure, also. Being a retired police officer and having seen how some older people lived their last years in fear because their neighborhood and they were trapped in a house they could not afford to leave, I made the concious decision to be ready to protect me and mine.
Remember. when crime is seconds from happening the police are only minutes away.

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

sez you wrote:
So what you're saying is that preparing for something that is possible, but not likely, is living "in a world of paranoia and fear"? I ask you....do you pay for insurance of any type??

And you're saying that you'd rather not even TRY to defend yourself (and your family) at all if something horrible DID happen because "if someone had a bead on your arse its over"? If the odds were a million to one that I could save myself or my family in the event of a violent break-in (or other).........I'd still TRY. You call me paranoid and afraid....I call you unprepared and spineless.

I don't mean that to be an insult......I just see it as fact because you choose to put your head in the sand and then accuse everyone else of being the nut.
new hammer time

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

VN Vet wrote:
i don't care who you are....killing someone justifiably or not will drive one into depression or some other kind of emoitonal/mental disorder. why spend the rest of your life regretting that fateful choice. theres nothing like peace of mind for the long haul.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 161 - 180 of279
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Bensley Discussions

Search the Bensley Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Why They Hate Obama (Aug '13) 3 hr barefoot2626 9,629
Five People Shot In Gilpin Court - wtvr (Jul '10) 3 hr Loaded 235
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Elderly and Disab... (Oct '10) 5 hr abe 1,349
Debate: Gay Marriage - Richmond, VA (Jul '10) Tue GILPIN COURT RESIDENT 261
VA Missing Va. Girl Alive, Man In Custody (Dec '10) Apr 14 Jim 1,434
1960 Chevrolet Biscayne - Rock You Like a Hurri... Apr 13 Rich C 1
Richmond REPO Homes with Guaranteed Financing Apr 13 Cheap Homes 1
•••

Freeze Warning for Chesterfield County was issued at April 16 at 8:21PM EDT