Corruption killed Starkesia Reed

We are focused these days, and rightly so, on public officials whose self-serving acts of corruption victimize American citizens. Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Bruce Volensky

Fort Payne, AL

#1 Mar 10, 2006
B S
Jasmine Coleman

Skokie, IL

#3 May 27, 2006
Starkesia was one of my best friend, she was a very happy person ,she always made me happy by just seeing her I miss her deeply. I remeber when we were in afterschool togther. she was really good at math. She was so truthful with everyone alot of guys like her.She was very popular. I remeber when she had my back when I was in a fight with some guy in the fifth grade. She was a true sloder
ALYSSA HOWARD

Chicago, IL

#4 Jun 3, 2006
STAR WAS A GOOD FRIEND AND A GREAT PERSON TO GET ALONE WITH.EVEY TIME YOU WOULD SEE HER SHE WILL ALWAYS HAPPY NO MATTER WHAT THE SITUATION IS. WHEN I CAME TO SCHOOL(VERNON JOHNS)THE DAY THAT SHE WAS KILLED I COULDNT BELIEVE WHAT I WAS HEARIN, WE ALL SHARED OUR TEARS FOR STAR AND NOW THAT WE KNOW SHES IN A BETTER PLACE ALL THE TEARS WE SHARED ARE NOW GONE.

THE GOOD DIE YOUNG
R.I.P STAR
1991-2006

YOU ARE GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN, MUCH LOVE FOR U STAR!!!!OUR STAR HAS LEFT US BUT NOT FOR LONG.
kamesha brown

Chicago, IL

#5 Jun 4, 2006
starkesia was a brilliant and smart girli knew her through my sis an church she was like a sis to me she meant so much to me but now she is gone i'm going to miss her our star has risen an know an a better place much love i will sincerely miss you one day we will meet again .

r.i.p
star
1991-2006
Anna Jones

United States

#6 Jun 24, 2006
Star and I were dance partners at our church. Whenever I would see her she was around ALOT of people everybody knew Star and that's exactly what she was, a star. Even though she's gone she'll always be remembered!!! Through her death wil bring life to many others. Young people now days can die at any moment! So live your lives right!

RIP ~*STAR*~
1991-2006
LUV YOU!
sarah

Bloomington, IN

#7 Jul 5, 2006
Ihave known Star since forever because we grew up in church together and everytime I saw her she always had a smile on her face or was always laughin and had a positive attitude she was a very smart girl with plenty of friends. The first time Iheard about what happened I was in shock and I called my one friend that next day and we were talking and crying and saying it really hurts when something like this happens to a friend or at least someone you know or grew up with and now you know how it feels to have someone getting hurt like that and its ashame young people have to die before their time and never get to fulfill their goals and dreams but yet she has because now she somewhere that she has finished her goals and dreams and doesnt have to worry about stuff like this ever happening again. It might not look like a good thing to her friends and family down her but we should all know that she is looking down on us smilin saying its goin to be alright and that we dont have to cry ant more because she is in a better place than this!!!
R.I.P
Star!!!
nikki

Chicago, IL

#8 Aug 2, 2006
i dont know starkesia but i heard about it on the news and it
was very sad i cryed and didnt even get to meet her but i know
did we would have been the best of friends.i go on the southside every weekend with my cousin and now i dont like going like i use to.
nikki

Chicago, IL

#9 Aug 3, 2006
I dont know starkesia but when i heard about it on
the news i cryed because its very sad i wish i could
have meet her i know we would have been the best of friends
its a shame that a little girl life had to be taken because of some
crazy r.i.p star i never meet you but we will meet behind those
pearly gates see you when i get there.
Anynomus

Palatine, IL

#10 Aug 13, 2006
I didnt know Star very well, but Im sure she was a sweet person and it is sad to know that she isnt still here because of such non sense.
Kwame

AOL

#11 Aug 26, 2006
I never met Starkesia but I do have a connection to her family. They are the nicest people in the world full of love. The article makes no sense because Congress didn't pull the trigger one man did and that is why we are all in mourning over her.

RIP
Latrez McDade

United States

#12 Sep 26, 2006
All man words cant explain how much i miss this girl I thank god 4 the years I have known her 2000-2006 I thank god i had her in a part of my life I couldent pictuer vernon johns wit out her she truely is a angle and I feel kind of bad because i dident really notice dat until she was gone I was so hurt dat day and its crazy because i never felt that way about somebody in my life I cant wait 2 see star agin she really touched me I remeber when she would call me booskey and I would call her short stop but dats a whole nother story im not going 2 get in 2 that but we had some good times I really mis her my baby R.I.P Star
latrez mcdade

AOL

#14 Dec 12, 2006
I still remeber, rest in peace boo its been 9 months sence star has been gone and yeah I still miss her and I wouldent even be lieing right now when I say I think about this girl every day I miss her so much she was such a big part of my life I swear.god bless her family I thank god 4 them and her man I will never get over this girl all I got are the memories thank god 4 them I no that there is a saying that nobody is perfict but she was 2 me and im not saying dis just because she it gone I have always felt dat way yall might think am crazy but its true. man we had sum good times I will keep them all close 2 my heart I cant wait 2 see her agine her death has really changed me we need 2 get are lives together cus we will never no when it is are time so get right wit jesus I no star did yall I just cant stop dis girl mad me so happy every time i saw her she always had a smile on her face yall no wat im talken about I was looking forward 2 seeing her everyday it was just something about her but man dat was my folkes I can tell u alot but i will stop here.
Vernon Johns 05

spider_mcdade@hotmail.com
the thomas family

Westchester, IL

#15 Feb 2, 2007
I remeber starkesia because she was like my cousin my cousin used to hang out with her brother and when my cousin told me what happened i got mad,because of people who use guns
Wilson Family

United States

#16 Feb 9, 2007
I knew Starkesia (Star) because my mom used to go over her moms house all the time and plus Starkesia was my cousin and i loved her to death and when my mom told me she was dead i sat and cried for a long time and my half-cousin kikko told me she was dead to and thats when i knew hw knew she was gone R.I.P STAR
kikko thomas

Westchester, IL

#17 Feb 10, 2007
I feel you one that one when I called my cousin dee dee she was crying and I hate to hear any of my family members cry I rember we went to the house of kids thats out south and we found some tokens in the back of the machine,so starkesia tell me and then we told dee dee and we weren't trying to still but we took it.Then the next day we went swimming and me and her brother had a jumping contest.That was the best weekend I had with her now that she is gone I just can't stop thinking.
armica denise reed

Westmont, IL

#18 Feb 16, 2007
thanx 4 all da comments, they warmed my heart. as many of you know, i'm her big sister mica. i just want to say her smile and touch i miss, but more than anything i miss being able to talk to her about my boyfriend chris or my old friend moone.i guess what i'm saying is i miss my best friend. she was with me till the end and i was with her till the end(till she took her last breath). words can never express my pain but god can describe how i'm able to wash my face, get dressed,go to work, and enjoy the company of those i love. i hurt everyday but i also live everyday. i love you all and pleeeese pray 4 me. my email adress is armicaluvsstar@yahoo.com
armica denise reed

Westmont, IL

#19 Feb 16, 2007
thoe i'm missin you
dede

Chicago, IL

#20 Feb 25, 2007
i wish she was still here she was a pretty lil girl evan thou i didn't no her but she left a caring mom and family behind only guns should be provied to officers and not people
Kenesha Anderson

Hammond, IN

#21 Mar 14, 2007
It's a shame how are englewood children keep getting shot over nothing. Starkesia was something beautiful, she was somebody who was going to be something. It's funny how something beautiful always gets destroyed. It's jus so hard to let go of that smile and that sweet little voice when you've heard it for so long.

R.I.P STARKESIA
I WILL SEE U AGAIN ONE DAY
Kenesha Anderson

Hammond, IN

#22 Mar 14, 2007
I DID NOT DIE
Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there; I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond glints on snow,
I am the sun on ripened grain,
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and forever cry,
I am not there; I did not die.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bensenville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 15 min JOEL 69,967
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 30 min John Galt 1,124,814
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 36 min wojar 179,264
Do you find smoking attractive? (No posts about... 55 min Yes 3
Chicago a model city 2 hr Just me 6
Father Of Hans Peterson Speaks Out (Oct '07) 3 hr Getagrip 44
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 hr Boy G 50,587
Bensenville Dating
Find my Match

Bensenville Jobs

Bensenville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Bensenville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Bensenville

Personal Finance