Elk Grove Village may install red-light cameras

Studies are expected to be completed this month at nine intersections where Elk Grove Village may install photo-enforcement cameras. Read more
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Rick

Schaumburg, IL

#22 Apr 10, 2009
If it is really for catching drunk drivers, we should support it. However if it is setup pretty much like a TRAP, shame! shame!! shame!!!

On the ramp into I-290 south at BisterField road, what happens to the right-turn signal into I-290 south (if you are from Biesterfield road west)?

I had been driving on that route to work every morning in the last 4 and half years. I am pretty sure there was right-turn signal that allows turning right into I-290 south while the east/west direction is at red (south/north direction are those cars that just exit I-290).

As the camera was installed, the right-turn signal MAGICALLY goes away --- so the right-turn into I-290 south becomes a driver's trap!!

Thank you very much to Elk Grove city. Get such a nice trap installed to get a share of our hard-earned wages -- WATCH OUT EVERYONE -- who drives south to work every morning.
O H G

Westmont, IL

#23 Apr 20, 2009
Hi every one, after done reading some of these comments. about Elk GROVE village red light cameras. I did realize that, there will be no need to have that many officers on duty, that most of the time We never see them anyway, unless We drive by any local 7 ELEVEN OR Dunkin Donuts stores.
Also please don't take me wrong about the ELK GROVE POLICE DEPT.They do a great job in responding to any Emergency call, But this idea about getting this Red Light cameras is a new way to increase the revenew, is a scamm, but they get away with murder because they are the law. just be carefull when driving around Town keep an extra $100.00 in your Saving Account and be prepared to hand out your money to the Village to help out with their deficit,and We all are going to be ok.....
Biesterfield RampRight

Franklin Park, IL

#24 Jun 6, 2009
Rick,

Can it be petitioned and have the green light reinstated. I realize the turn should be green at all times as there is no pedestrian cross or even a cross street to enter the ramp.

Have a village petition from politician who wants to win seat there.
Rick wrote:
If it is really for catching drunk drivers, we should support it. However if it is setup pretty much like a TRAP, shame! shame!! shame!!!
On the ramp into I-290 south at BisterField road, what happens to the right-turn signal into I-290 south (if you are from Biesterfield road west)?
I had been driving on that route to work every morning in the last 4 and half years. I am pretty sure there was right-turn signal that allows turning right into I-290 south while the east/west direction is at red (south/north direction are those cars that just exit I-290).
As the camera was installed, the right-turn signal MAGICALLY goes away --- so the right-turn into I-290 south becomes a driver's trap!!
Thank you very much to Elk Grove city. Get such a nice trap installed to get a share of our hard-earned wages -- WATCH OUT EVERYONE -- who drives south to work every morning.
paranoid in Elk Grove

Naperville, IL

#25 Jun 20, 2009
Angry wrote:
I received a red light violation in Chicago recently. I was 3 blocks from Cabrini green at 2am. There was loud music coming from the car behind me. I ran a late yellow - which turned red in the middle of the intersection. I was not about to stay at that intersection. The video of the incident showed that the light was red before I even went thru the intersection. The system is rigged. I guarantee that I will not be driving in Chicago anymore. They lost my tourist money. Same goes for EGV. If they install these cameras more - I will move. I am scared to go thru yellows and just approaching a yellow freaks me out.
Getting paranoid in Elk Grove, and around IL. I am an excellent driver, have experience with inner city and inter state driving. This red light freaks me out. I took a right turn on red in Rosemont when there was no traffic from any direction, and after waiting with caution. Well the camera snapped, and that is the last time I will make a right turn at a red when I think there is a camera planted. I now have cars behind me honking because they want to turn right. I will not go into the center intersection with a green light to make a left turn when there is a car there already. As you know that car may turn on a yellow and guess who gets the red? My driving has become overly defensive because I cannot afford to support the township with paying tickets. Big brother has come to IL to watch everything, not to stop the drunks, although they will get a ticket but no one will know they were drunk at the time because the ticket comes in the mail, but to collect revenue. The old saying "money always talks." Well how about our communities beïng a little more üser friendly and have a bake sale or town auctions to help with shortage of dollars? And by the way, if I don't feel safe in a potential crime neighborhood and feel like a sitting duck at a stop lite, I am not going to wait see what happens, I will cautiously go through the red and remove myself from fear of danger. As you can tell, I also am angry.
Tony

Wheaton, IL

#26 Jun 25, 2009
The same problem happened to me. I was turning right when there was no possibility anyone could enter the ramp except me. It used to be that the light was green. I suggest we start a class action law suite against elk grove village for changing the light as a trap. Its also a waste of energy. Please respond if you are willing to be a part.
Mandy

Westchester, IL

#27 Jun 26, 2009
Tony wrote:
The same problem happened to me. I was turning right when there was no possibility anyone could enter the ramp except me. It used to be that the light was green. I suggest we start a class action law suite against elk grove village for changing the light as a trap. Its also a waste of energy. Please respond if you are willing to be a part.
You have to be a total goof. Because you do not want to take the time to obey then law and stop on red, you want to file a law suit? Class action??? Fortunately there will not be a large class of people who are as ignorant and lazy as you are. Start paying attention while driving and obey all the laws and you will never have a problem. It's very easy, sweetie.
Tony

Wheaton, IL

#28 Jun 27, 2009
Mandy wrote:
<quoted text> You have to be a total goof. Because you do not want to take the time to obey then law and stop on red, you want to file a law suit? Class action??? Fortunately there will not be a large class of people who are as ignorant and lazy as you are. Start paying attention while driving and obey all the laws and you will never have a problem. It's very easy, sweetie.
Miss Righteous...

If you look at the video of when I got the ticket. One thing that is very fascinating is that there is no way anyone else could have entered the ramp on to 355 South. Cars going West on Biesterfield had a red light also because the light was green for the cars coming on to Biesterfield from 355 north. The way the intersection is designed, they can't enter the ramp and go back on 355 south The only possible car that could enter was me.

So lets think about this (I'm assuming you can think but your response really makes me wonder). The lights red for what reason???? This is where following the letter of the law crosses being rationale. Elk Grove village is using the law incorrectly. Imagine that, government officials in Illnois doing something corrupt with their position in order to make more $. Nah, not in Illinois (Here you may want to have a discussion with John Kass from the Tribune).

Let me give you another example that maybe your simple mind can understand. Lets assume you go to the park and bring a watermelon. Lets assume you or your child bites a piece of watermelon and spits the seeds on the ground. Now, unless you clean them ALL up, you are breaking the law. If you don't I would have to say, quoting something I read somewhere "You have to be a total goof. Because you do not want to take the time to obey then law". But the bottom line is that you can get a ticket for littering.

I suggest you move to Iran. Sounds like you prefer that type of environment. Have a nice life!
Mandy

Westchester, IL

#29 Jun 28, 2009
Tony wrote:
<quoted text>
Miss Righteous...
If you look at the video of when I got the ticket. One thing that is very fascinating is that there is no way anyone else could have entered the ramp on to 355 South. Cars going West on Biesterfield had a red light also because the light was green for the cars coming on to Biesterfield from 355 north. The way the intersection is designed, they can't enter the ramp and go back on 355 south The only possible car that could enter was me.
So lets think about this (I'm assuming you can think but your response really makes me wonder). The lights red for what reason???? This is where following the letter of the law crosses being rationale. Elk Grove village is using the law incorrectly. Imagine that, government officials in Illnois doing something corrupt with their position in order to make more $. Nah, not in Illinois (Here you may want to have a discussion with John Kass from the Tribune).
Let me give you another example that maybe your simple mind can understand. Lets assume you go to the park and bring a watermelon. Lets assume you or your child bites a piece of watermelon and spits the seeds on the ground. Now, unless you clean them ALL up, you are breaking the law. If you don't I would have to say, quoting something I read somewhere "You have to be a total goof. Because you do not want to take the time to obey then law". But the bottom line is that you can get a ticket for littering.
I suggest you move to Iran. Sounds like you prefer that type of environment. Have a nice life!
Excuses are for losers. Obeying the law , whether you agree or not, is the American way. If you do not agree work to change it through a proper and orderly system. To simply disregard a law you find not to your liking leads to anarchy. You, sir, are a lazy loser and a poor excuse for an American. You move to Iran and pick and choose the laws you wish to follow. You would be dead within a few days. Again, you and your ilk are poor excuses for Americans.
Tony

Wheaton, IL

#30 Jun 28, 2009
Mandy wrote:
<quoted text> Excuses are for losers. Obeying the law , whether you agree or not, is the American way. If you do not agree work to change it through a proper and orderly system. To simply disregard a law you find not to your liking leads to anarchy. You, sir, are a lazy loser and a poor excuse for an American. You move to Iran and pick and choose the laws you wish to follow. You would be dead within a few days. Again, you and your ilk are poor excuses for Americans.
Miss America... I'm glad I found the person who can tell me what America is about. I was so struggling to figure it out. My understanding about the founding of this country was that it was started based on a set of folks who break the law. Something called the Boston Tea Party. The Iranian like rulers (in this case King George) created a LAW that said the colonist were to pay taxes on tee. The participants of the Boston Tea Party broke the LAW. The colonists then broke another LAW of King George by writing the Declaration of Independence. That was all very proper and orderly - NOT. I'm glad you cleared up my question on whether you are able to think. Someone who starts response with terms like "loser" and and an insistance having the right understanding of America should base their positions in well grounded reasoning and a clear understanding of history. I thought my proposal for a class action lawsuit against elk grove village is a proper and orderly concept. You're welcome to not participate. Why is it so important for you results to insults and name calling?
Tony

Wheaton, IL

#31 Jul 15, 2009
One continuing post on this for Miss Righteous America...
http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/28/2836.asp
julie

Batavia, IL

#32 Aug 7, 2009
Tony wrote:
I'll join the class action against Elk Grove Village if there's one. I've also decided not to turn right on red anymore to fatten local governments.
RlcsUser

Warrenville, IL

#33 Aug 22, 2009
This is a crazy phenomenon happening all over the country as towns struggle due to loss of property and sales tax revenues. Looks like we have to salute our camera robot overlords.
If you want to rant it out, here is a site
http://redlightcamerasucks.com

Since: Dec 07

Roselle, IL

#34 Aug 24, 2009
Tony wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it so important for you results to insults and name calling?
First encounter with her, huh?? This is her motive, it's what she does. Never has an intelligent comment, only negatives about those she disagrees with. It's been that way since she joined Topix, won't change now!
RJF

United States

#35 Aug 30, 2009
It wouldn't be so terrible if they just ticketed people who flat out went through red lights. But I hear they're nailing people for just being over the white line before making a right turn. Those tickets should be burned.

And, they should at least compromise with us and made the stop lights freeking shorter. There's no excuse for having to wait some five minutes or more at a stop light. Even two minutes is too long and unnecessary.
otmatthew

Saint Louis, MO

#36 Jan 27, 2010
January 31, 2010

TO: The Thieving Bastards of Elk Grove Village, IL Photo Enforcement Program

Greetings!

Please find enclosed my $100.00 check. Because you are a part of an elected government, and thereby most certainly concerned about the will of the people, I hope you might consider my idea that you use the money to purchase a yield sign, which would do quite nicely, for the location of Biesterfield & I290 EB ramp…though I suppose it wouldn’t generate much money for the village, would it?

Well, anyway, thanks for considering my suggestion about the yield sign, and perhaps you’ll all consider a toast from yours truly to the Thieving Bastards of Elk Grove Village, IL Photo Enforcement Program next time you’re out for a beer together: Kiss my flabby fat white Irish ass!

Regards,

Matthew O’Toole
armor

Lombard, IL

#37 Mar 13, 2014
More government BS
William

Costa Mesa, CA

#38 Mar 13, 2014
This thread is really old, but I guess they did install those cameras in Bensenville. They got a photo of me when I made an illegal turn onto 83 from Grove. Never heard anything after that, because maybe they only pay attention to people who run the lights.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bensenville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Teaman 1,205,829
Amy 3-26 22 min RACE 29
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 26 min RACE 1,638
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 30 min Batch 37 Pain Is ... 52,244
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 35 min ACTUALLY 185,827
Harry Reid breathing piece of excrement retiring. 37 min aboutime 1
Word (Dec '08) 44 min boundary painter 5,144
Bensenville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Bensenville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]