Bensalem Township Needs Your Hard Ear...

Bensalem Township Needs Your Hard Earned Money

Posted in the Bensalem Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Don Dean

United States

#1 Jun 18, 2008
I can no longer stand quietly by while the Bensalem Police Department systematically bleeds its citizens dry with a strategy of traffic stops and standard citations designed to create a source of revenue for the township.

I’ve searched far and wide for some existing venue to have this discussion and may still create a blog dedicated to examples of the Bensalem Police Department’s lack of street smarts, lack of compassion for its own citizens and inability to administer justice in such a way as to endear themselves to the law abiding majority of the public they’re supposed to be out there protecting.

I’ve heard various descriptions of the experience of driving through Bensalem:

Swimming in a shark tank.
Dropping the soap in a prison shower.
Feeling like a fugitive even though you’re not.

Is this really necessary? Should a law abiding citizen with a clean record be forced to wonder if she’ll be pulled over for a tail light that died earlier in the day or an inspection that’s a couple of days past due because she just couldn’t afford to get done AND pay tuition? Moreover, when she IS pulled over, does the boy-officer absolutely HAVE TO write her a ticket, putting the hard working mother into even more dire circumstances and possible causing her to miss a car insurance payment or a mortgage payment?

Do these guys have their heads up their asses, or are they marching to orders just so they can keep their own jobs?

I’m determined to find out.

If you know anyone who’s been screwed by the Bensalem Police Department or anyone INSIDE the department who will talk to me about their REAL agenda, please have them contact me at [email protected]

It’s time to make these Mickey mouse excuses for law enforcement accountable for the way they treat the people who sign their paychecks.
Don Dean

United States

#2 Jun 18, 2008
Check that email address, it's [email protected]
Someone who can think

Millsboro, DE

#3 Dec 12, 2008
Well, while you are welcome to your opinion, if she can not afford to have her car inspected, maybe she should find other sources of transportation until it is completed. If the "boy-officer" had let her go, and then she caused an accident with her uninspected car, would that be better? And, if she was driving a car that was not inspected, technically, she is now law abiding. Yeah, things happen and life sucks, but we can not be expected to let some people break the rules, or laws, just because they choose not to follow them.
inthebuff

Philadelphia, PA

#4 Dec 18, 2008
I been living and driving in bensalem for 10 years and only received one ticket. Cops are just doing their jobs we as citiznes should too.

“Wake Up!”

Since: May 08

Far NE Philly

#5 Dec 24, 2008
I've been in bensalem for 5 years and ive never been stopped by a bensalem cop. nor do i fear so. but i do know for a fact that one of the officers is abusing his power and stalks an ex girlfriend many times. But i will say this, i hope to get my permit to carry becasue in this day and age i don't feel safe anywhere, and if something were to happen im not gonna call 911 im gonna call on my 357. i have a family to protect and im not gonna wait for a cop to respond if i fear for my life or my family's.
Seriously

Millsboro, DE

#6 Jan 2, 2009
Tiberius, sounds like you have definite issues you need to work out. If you are serious sbout your post, I would recommend a bunker out west somewhere.
ANOYED

Philadelphia, PA

#7 Feb 27, 2009
I agree they are complete assholes they will pull over any hot chick just for fun! I was on my way to work and they pulled me over to check if the car was mine b/c my license plate screw fell out btw I wasn't even in BENSALEM!!! wtf get a life you poor excuse for a men! Me and my girlfriends get pulled over atleast 5 times in 2 weeks on our way to school or work its really sexist and anoying! get a fucking life no real girl would go after such losers that hangout at the local hooters bc no other girls that aren't getting paid to talk to them or in highschool will!
Bensalem officer

AOL

#8 Feb 28, 2009
We do our jobs and you complain. We slow down and not write citations and now we are not doing our jobs. What would you like us to do. I guess this is why we all live in this country to have the right to complain and speak our minds. There is no vendetta against anyone. There is no rule to raise revenue. As far as I know we are no supposed to stop all the pretty girls out there. We can not win!
47 Year Bensalem Resident

Bensalem, PA

#9 Apr 14, 2009
Really Bensalem is not all that great of a place to live anymore. When I was growing up here, if what you were doing wasn't hurting anyone, nobody bothered you.

Now you have to worry about your house and/or place of business getting robbed, AND you have to worry about a shakedown from the local cops, fire marshal, or whoever.

Bensalem government serves the big money interests now. All us old time residents are getting hosed.
Yeah sure

Bensalem, PA

#10 Apr 24, 2009
Don, it seems like you have a hidden agenda yourself. You're good at pointing fingers but in the long run, you yourself have some skeletons in your closet. I'm going to have to disagree with you completely. Until you know the ins and outs of local governments and Department policies, I suggest you find another topic to discuss...one that you actually know about. Thanks, and have a fantastic life.
WMS4yeshua

Maple Shade, NJ

#11 May 10, 2009
Yeah Sure evidently does not live in Bensalem, otherwise he would know that much of what is said about Bensalem is unfortunately true. The cops (Not all of them.) are racist, crooked and on the take, the mayor is a narcisistic(sp) adulterer, who constantly wants attention, and right now the BPD are facing multiple lawsuits for racial discrimination within the department.
Bensalem Resident

Millsboro, DE

#12 May 10, 2009
WMS4yeshua apparently does not know everything going on in Bensalem. You must be mistaking the Bensale cops for other districts in the area. And, what proof do you have regarding the Mayor? To me it seems as though you are just another one of those political lackeys trying to start trouble dureing an election year. Who can believe someone like you?
Rubberman

Newark, DE

#13 May 19, 2009
HI all this is an older post wish I saw it in 08... Anyway I'm in my early 20s never been convicted of anything in my life but Bensalem has a lot of behind the scene crimes going on specifically within the Police Department....approximately in December 08 My friend and I were driving in a black civic at 1130 pm on street rd... We were followed n pulled over by 2 police cars...They approached us and me (passenger) ask for both ids.. My friend (driver) had asked why we were pulled over n the officer responded "we'll get to the later" They asked to search the car of course we let them... Turns out about 40 mins later they claimed they pulled us over b/c our car fit the description of a black car who was throwing bottles at people on a Monday night and a school day? Proof what the hell is going on in Bensalem with the police? My friend and I simply said what do they pull over every black civic they see....BS

Two more notes with the police... A) 2 Police offers shot and killed a drunk man on knights rd in 2008... the man was drunk n came at them with a baseball bat... DID they really have to kill him?? they could have shot is leg etc....B) In 2005 an old friend of mine was busted for dealing drugs he was originally sentenced(yrs) He got 1 year and ten months probation b.c. he told authorities of how the officier who busted him would wait outside his apartment and pick up girls who were high and who my friend was dealing to and bang them at a hotel......

My point is don't waste your time fighting over car related violation when events which I describe are occurring... yes they are ignorant and unprofessional and demanding but they are the law follow it as much as you can bc if you fight it it will only be worse... just pay man
20 year bensalem resident

Millsboro, DE

#14 May 20, 2009
What makes you think that just because it is a Monday night there would not be someone throwing bottles at people? Lots of people do stupid things every night of the week. Are we to assume only school age drinkers drive black civics? I do not think so. And, if the polics did not pull over a car matching the description what would you say? Let me guess, the cops were not doing their jobs.

If you are so concerned about being pulled over on a school night? Why were you out so late?

As for your friend that got busted with drugs ... HE HAD THE DRUGS! What part are we supposed to feel bad about? No drugs, no problem!

You really need a reality check.
Rubberman

Newark, DE

#15 May 27, 2009
20 year bensalem resident wrote:
What makes you think that just because it is a Monday night there would not be someone throwing bottles at people? Lots of people do stupid things every night of the week. Are we to assume only school age drinkers drive black civics? I do not think so. And, if the polics did not pull over a car matching the description what would you say? Let me guess, the cops were not doing their jobs.
If you are so concerned about being pulled over on a school night? Why were you out so late?
As for your friend that got busted with drugs ... HE HAD THE DRUGS! What part are we supposed to feel bad about? No drugs, no problem!
First of all Im in college 22yrs old.... Second of all theres know way the police saw my face and said o hey theres some some kids lets pull them over.. Third i asked the officer why I was being pulled over he would not tell me until he was completely finished, he hesitated and acted very strange like he didn't know what to say... And i never said I was concerned at all I was simply saying the Bensalem police are ridiculous and full of you know what.. And you bring up a point why didn't they pull over any of the black civics or civic looking cars that drove past me?

In reference to my friend with drugs i have no sympathy for at all he has a problem to this day.. However police officers picking up high school girls isn't right either..

Simply putting it CORRUPTION... Based on my experiences.. Not all B-town cops are horrible bad or mean however there is alot of BS going on and I know it for a fact...
Rubberman

Newark, DE

#16 May 27, 2009
20 year bensalem resident wrote:
Police do there jobs half ass around these parts thats the problem.. Again not all but some... They walk around like the have a chip on their shoulder bc they have a badge I mean come on.. No need to draw your weapon for a simple pull over
Crooked Bensalem Cops

Wilmington, DE

#17 Jun 16, 2009
Don Dean wrote:
Check that email address, it's [email protected]
I am determined to catch these guys and see the story on the 6 o'clock news. They are setting one traffic light to short yellow (2 seconds) at the corner of Street Rd. & Central Ave.
http://bensalentwppacrookedcops.wordpress.com
Crooked Bensalem Cops

Wilmington, DE

#18 Jun 16, 2009
Bensalem officer wrote:
We do our jobs and you complain. We slow down and not write citations and now we are not doing our jobs. What would you like us to do. I guess this is why we all live in this country to have the right to complain and speak our minds. There is no vendetta against anyone. There is no rule to raise revenue. As far as I know we are no supposed to stop all the pretty girls out there. We can not win!
You do your job alright! You set traffic lights, or at least one of them to a fast yellow. I am watching you and have video. If I have my way, all your prior tickets will be overturned and you crooked cops will be without jobs! I will sue the officers personally and stop at nothing (legal) to expose the little one light town, hanging judge, industry you have going.
Another Resident

Bensalem, PA

#19 Jun 18, 2009
All of those complaining have done something wrong. What is the problem? The police do their job, you complain, they do not do their job, you complain. Get real people./let them do their job and if someone gets caught doing something wrong, suck it up. Take responsibility for your actions.
As for crooked cop, how do they shorten the light? Do you have video of them opening up the box which controls the timing? And, what makes you think Bensalem is a "little one light town, hanging judge, industry"? It has been a very long time since there has only been one light in Bensalem.
GodHates

Havertown, PA

#20 Jun 21, 2009
I have no problem with the police here but the town of Bensalem is a sorry place to live. It is people polluted. If police are doing anything wrong, they deserve to be criticized but the people are not too kool themselves. I will be happy to be moving out of this yuppie slum in August because that is all it has become. People paying thousands of dollars a month just to live in a mediocre house. It's a human wasteland and that is what the police have to deal with.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bensalem Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why did Sue & Jim Anderson cheat Penndel out of... Sat Aunt Janet 30
Sicko (May '15) Sat Aunt Janet 13
healthcare services group, inc. (Aug '10) Aug 17 Flame88 54
a 70's murder in Bensalem ... was anybody aroun... (Feb '06) Jul '16 Krista Abt 225
Review: J and A Abstract Inc Jul '16 jenn6789 1
The Oakford Inn Gentlemens Club (Dec '08) Jun '16 3 finger Lenny 55
Looking for Teddy Steven Snow born in 1976 (Jan '13) Jun '16 Nikki 4

Bensalem Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bensalem Mortgages