Decent and safe apartments in Bensalem

Decent and safe apartments in Bensalem

Posted in the Bensalem Forum

Linda

Plainview, NY

#1 Jun 23, 2010
Does anyone know of any decent, safe and reasonably priced apartments in Bensalem? My son and his fiance are looking in Bensalem and some other nearby areas of interest. Any info would be appreciated..thanks.
abc

Vineland, NJ

#2 Jun 24, 2010
Linda wrote:
Does anyone know of any decent, safe and reasonably priced apartments in Bensalem? My son and his fiance are looking in Bensalem and some other nearby areas of interest. Any info would be appreciated..thanks.
I would recommend Korman Suites
Lori

Millsboro, DE

#3 Aug 17, 2010
Linda wrote:
I would look into Cornwells Station Apartments

Since: Sep 10

Vineland, NJ

#4 Sep 19, 2010
yes, cornwells station apartments are decent, close to train station but dont allow pets. The ones before the bridge [on the right,still on station ave, cornwells manor] are a small complex, allows pets, but is a little bit harder to find one available. they go quickly because there is no deposit, only takes that months rent to move in. Its quiet, the people are mostly nice,and they allow pets, a rare find in Bensalem!oh, and no roaches,, another rare find from what ive been hearing! the school buses stop right out front, and septa and train right next door. To apply, stop over and visit apt c-1 to see the managers.. they are home after 4 m-f all day on weekends.. hope this helps!!

Since: Sep 10

Vineland, NJ

#5 Sep 19, 2010
oh, should mention too, the downside is, no dishwashers in apartments, no central air,[window units, saves on elec bill tho!] free heat, hot water. Security locks on most of the front doors. The other decent one i know used to be, is Park ave apts,not sure if they still allow pets. I think its hard to find a nice place that isnt too expensive in Bensalem. You can drive around and look "for rent" signs,[homeowners tend to rent privately and you might get lucky... what are you lookin for in a apartment?, i could steer you the right direction...[kinda a pro at this, bensalem born and raised..and i just got done going thru the whole process..Korman Suites are very nice, but very expensive and i heard of a few "alleged" complaints about elec there...
addie

East Orange, NJ

#6 Sep 19, 2010
Korman is a great place! Easy access to all highways. What is the price range. My wife and I live in a two bedroom in the chalets, 1200 a month. Prices may have changed. No bugs, well kept, park like setting, bordering the creek. Neighborhood is great! Parking can be tricky.
Allison

Levittown, PA

#7 Sep 20, 2010
Lori wrote:
<quoted text>
I would look into Cornwells Station Apartments
AVOID CORNWELLS STATION APARTMENTS!!! They are a dump and in an undesirable section of Bensalem. I have lived in Bensalem my entire life and am very familiar with the area.
Center Point West, on Galloway Rd, is very nice as is Berkley Trace on Bensalem Blvd.
Best of Luck!
high electric bills

Bensalem, PA

#8 Sep 23, 2011
Please people Korman electric bills are way to high! I contacted the public utility comms and they could not even help they cannot trace back who actually holds the electric and do you call an electric bill almost 300.00 for ine person who works all the time normal and lets see all my neighbors have been complaining as well! Please save your hard earned money!!!
Informant

Cranbury, NJ

#9 Oct 1, 2011
Just stay away from Salem Harbor apartments. They're neither safe, nor nice....many many maintenance issues, plus despite the illusion of safety, theft happens here quite often.
Paricia

Trenton, NJ

#10 Oct 8, 2012
I have lived in Korman since 2010 and can not wait to leave.

Our electric bill is on average $280 for a one bedroom with den. People in large houses don't pay anywhere close to that. Mostly because they are not buying it from a no name third party, nor are they paying for all of their neighbors electricity.

We discovered holes around our windows and the cold air would pour in, so we asked them multiple times to fix it. That was a year ago, we're still waiting. We sealed off the windows last winter and spent most of the time freezing to death to find that our bill was still over $280.

Spent a month of no heat or air, yup; still around $280.

Turn off your breaker, the meter still runs.

See a pattern here? There is literally nothing you can do to curb the astronomical electric bills. Turn off your breaker, the meter still runs.

Which is a shame because there are not many apartments around here that I would feel as safe in. That is its one redeeming quality, I'm not afraid to walk around the complex.
Lori

Millsboro, DE

#11 Sep 24, 2014
Allison wrote:
<quoted text>
AVOID CORNWELLS STATION APARTMENTS!!! They are a dump and in an undesirable section of Bensalem. I have lived in Bensalem my entire life and am very familiar with the area.
Center Point West, on Galloway Rd, is very nice as is Berkley Trace on Bensalem Blvd.
Best of Luck!
I'm sorry why is it a dump exactly?
Coytus Johnson

Hockessin, DE

#12 Nov 18, 2014
Do the Country Commons be nice and safe?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bensalem Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why did Sue & Jim Anderson cheat Penndel out of... Mon Penndel Resident 16
a 70's murder in Bensalem ... was anybody aroun... (Feb '06) Apr '16 Tim 212
Looking for Teddy Steven Snow born in 1976 (Jan '13) Apr '16 Robin 3
Sicko (May '15) Apr '16 Cindy St 5
Trevose Apr '16 Cindy St 4
Poll Who got the warning letter from the DA about po... (Jun '14) Mar '16 Chaalee 78
When will Councilwoman Anderson resign from cou... (Sep '14) Mar '16 Penndel Resident 10
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bensalem Mortgages