Shippensburg PD foot patrol cites several seen being disorderly

Full story: Public Opinion

May 3, 2011 -- Shippensburg police on a plain clothes foot patrol Friday and Saturday issued a number of citations for alcohol-related violations.
Comments
1 - 20 of 34 Comments Last updated Jul 10, 2011
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Amy

Waynesboro, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2011

Judged:

It's a college town. If people don't like the students, parties and noise then they shouldn't live in town!!!!!!

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2011

Judged:

Right, that justifies breaking drinking laws and urinating in public.
Ship

Shippensburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2011

Amy- if they're going to act like idiots, then they need to be treated like idiots.
manofmanyhats

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2011

Judged:

Wow thats a surprise. They cant do anything about real crime. How about getting the heroin and coke dealers. Wait that would be doing work and not making $. Go back to the noise ordinance money scam you got going on. Pathetic cops. You are S^&T
MrSilenceDogood

Mercersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2011

Judged:

It's official- the Shippensburg police don't have enough to do.
gottalovesmallto wns

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2011

Judged:

meanwhile the police avoided stopping a rape and a burglary to put a cup against a door to hear voices to write more noise ordinance violations...
HEV

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2011

Judged:

Ah, a few SU students giving a black eye to all SU students; and I bet those arrested will not return next fall due to failing grades!
TRC

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2011

Judged:

MrSilenceDogood wrote:
Have SU students urinating in your yard (I have!), and your attitude and feelings will change! How would these arrested students like someone urinating in the yard of their parent's home? They would be furious!
HLMC

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2011

Judged:

Amy wrote:
It's a college town. If people don't like the students, parties and noise then they shouldn't live in town!!!!!!
This is one of the most ridiculous statements I have ever heard! The people who live in Shippensburg call it home, and live there 12 months a year. The SU students are temporary 8 month "visitors", and should behave and act accordingly. These same students would be furious if "visitors" to their hometown urinated and were disruptive in the neighborhood where their parents live, and where they grew up!
really now

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2011

Judged:

MrSilenceDogood wrote:
Just watch yourself day and night in Shippie.. The one cop will sit on the corners of Orange and Morris in a driveway and if you dont make a ful stop, wheels at a stand still, you are getting a ticket, I watched him give 3 out in less than 20 minutes, the next day he was there again and I was sure my car came to a full stop.. I pulled in the coffee shop on hte corner of Morris and King and watched 7-10 big cars and trucks come thru that stop sign and all did not make a full stop, he waited and went after a little sports car with a kid in it.. So friggin wrong,they have nothing better to do than harass people.. Just watch the next time you see a shipp police car at an intersection and see how many times they make a FULL stop and use their blinkers... very little! And by the way, I was not one that was stopped or got a ticket and I am not a college kid, I am well over 50 years old.. The police give Shittensburg a bad name..
puzzled in cburg

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2011

all the while professor "likesemyoung" molests dozens of innocent neighboring children. lucky for him he didnt have a beer open on his porch
anonymous

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2011

More students getting their degrees in "drunk and disorderly."
anonymous

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2011

Judged:

HLMC wrote: "This is one of the most ridiculous statements I have ever heard! The people who live in Shippensburg call it home, and live there 12 months a year. The SU students are temporary 8 month "visitors", and should behave and act accordingly. These same students would be furious if "visitors" to their hometown urinated and were disruptive in the neighborhood where their parents live, and where they grew up! "

And your "visitor" attitude is exactly why none of those students attending Ship would ever consider living here. Maybe the people from Shippensburg can just erect a wall and keep those "visitors" from actually being a part of the town and the local area. Personally, after living here and still being considered a "visitor" myself for well over a decade I can see the wall might solve the locals issues.

Obviously I am being facetious, however, coming from a college town myself Shippensburg could do a lot better to embrace the opportunities that the University could bring to the economy of the town.

I in no way condone the behavior of college students, respecting your property and the property of others along with the laws would keep these kids out of trouble. Respect is a two way street, though.
again and again and again

Carlisle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2011

Judged:

Shippensburg University - a true class act.

WHEN will the school start cracking down on behavoirs such as these??

Answer? NEVER!!
crazy

Frederick, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2011

Judged:

again and again and again wrote:
Answer? NEVER!!
Comparing SU to other state universities, the crime and drinking is far LESS in Shippensburg.
Uhhh

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2011

Judged:

WOW! Great to see the Ship PD are busting kids for being kids.

cburgfilm.blogspot.com
JFM

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2011

This is news? Sounds like a standard weekend on N. Queen Street.
crazy

Frederick, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2011

Judged:

again and again and again wrote:
Answer? NEVER!!
Where did you go to college?
Marty J

Plainview, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2011

manofmanyhats wrote:
Wow thats a surprise. They cant do anything about real crime. How about getting the heroin and coke dealers. Wait that would be doing work and not making $. Go back to the noise ordinance money scam you got going on. Pathetic cops. You are S^&T
Heroine and coke dealers are the transplants from Philadelphia.
Ryan

Shippensburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2011

Judged:

I'm a ship student and I just want to point out that those people are not representative of the entire school population. In fact most of us are very good students and a great deal come from the surrounding area. Also I am from the Philadelphia area (gasp!) but somehow manage to stay inside on weekends with my friends and have a quiet good time. Some of us (science majors not marketing majors) have work to do all week and can't go out partying.

Strictly in my opinion one of the reasons there is a lot of drinking-associated issues in the town is that students are not aloud to drink on campus even if they're over 21. The president Bill Ruud would like to change this but has met with resistance from the town.

One other thing, there's always a lot of people complaining about the university when students commit crimes but I never see anyone complaining about the town when residents commit crimes. Double standards much?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Bensalem Discussions

Search the Bensalem Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Beached whale 25 min Tiny 5
Winky's woes 2 hr Harry Fuckyourbush 61
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 16 hr John 51,197
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 17 hr bobby6464 3,826
Chiefs weekly program (May '13) Tue Screech 581
Crafts Dollar each to benefit Cancer Costs! Jul 26 Chris 1
Balless Lo Piccolo Jul 25 Disgusted Resident 61
•••
•••

Bensalem News Video

•••
•••

Bensalem Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••