Man killed in Route 9 accident

Man killed in Route 9 accident

There are 19 comments on the Bennington Banner story from Jun 1, 2009, titled Man killed in Route 9 accident. In it, Bennington Banner reports that:

One person was killed Friday night and another severely injured after a two-car crash that occurred on Route 9, near the New York border.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bennington Banner.

Hawkeye

Saratoga Springs, NY

#2 Jun 1, 2009
I just wondered which way each were headed.Different papers tell different directions.
Real Vermonter

Boston, MA

#3 Jun 1, 2009
What other papers told different directions?
patriot

United States

#4 Jun 1, 2009
Journalism 101 time: What time did the accident occur? The Five Ws in the lead paragraph, capish?
notavermonter

United States

#5 Jun 1, 2009
Whatever happened, whichever way they were headed, it's tragic for these men were/are both husbands, fathers, sons, uncles, and friends of many. My condolences.
Real Vermonter

Boston, MA

#8 Jun 2, 2009
Friends of yours Alex? They hale from your old neck of the woods!
Hawkeye

Saratoga Springs, NY

#9 Jun 2, 2009
2 different papers say 2 different directions of travel. Which way were thery headed.
Hawkeye

Saratoga Springs, NY

#10 Jun 2, 2009
Rutland Herald said John going east toward Bennington. In bennington Banner Johnny going west and he drifted in east lane.
jessica

Bennington, VT

#11 Jun 2, 2009
May John always rest in peace no matter which way he was traveling. As i'm concerned he taken way to young from his family, but i guess we don't judge that time period on the man up above does. To my family i hope you all find some closure and just live on with his memories as if they were fingerprints in your life.
Real Vermonter

Boston, MA

#12 Jun 9, 2009
Steven! Alex should know these people right?
LSU

United States

#13 Jun 10, 2009
Real Vermonter wrote:
Steven! Alex should know these people right?
I would think so as they are his age and live where he used to live.
Real Vermonter

Boston, MA

#14 Jun 10, 2009
And he's not talking about it at all! Maybe old drinking buddies!

Who Gives A Rats S

“Lifes A Trip With Proper Equip”

Since: Apr 09

McHenry, Md

#15 Jun 10, 2009
Real Vermonter wrote:
And he's not talking about it at all! Maybe old drinking buddies!
John Thomayer, I knew of but did not associate with, Peter Rubin, I have no idea who he is... The only Pete's I knew from Old Bennington were Peter Buckley, younger than me and Peter Graves....
RV, I'm out of town again and sorry I didn't check in to get your permission to be absent from your Roost of idiots.....
LSU

United States

#16 Jun 10, 2009
Who Gives A Rats S wrote:
<quoted text>
John Thomayer, I knew of but did not associate with, Peter Rubin, I have no idea who he is... The only Pete's I knew from Old Bennington were Peter Buckley, younger than me and Peter Graves....
RV, I'm out of town again and sorry I didn't check in to get your permission to be absent from your Roost of idiots.....
Peter lives in Manchester now dosen't he? Alex did you know Sharon Leath or Bernie Howe? Did you ski with Peter Graves?
Real Vermonter

Boston, MA

#17 Jun 10, 2009
Rubin is down as living on 1 Church Lane Old Bennington! You know where that is correct Alex? Looks like he bought out the wife in a divorce or something!
LSU

United States

#18 Jun 10, 2009
What?
Real Vermonter

Boston, MA

#19 Jun 10, 2009
What what what???
LSU

United States

#20 Jun 12, 2009
Real Vermonter wrote:
What what what???
Three whats and your out!
Real Vermonter

Boston, MA

#21 Jun 12, 2009
So hows Peter Rubin doing?
NYSE

Syracuse, NY

#22 Nov 1, 2009
Real Vermonter wrote:
So hows Peter Rubin doing?
Peter Survived!
He is finally home in Bennington just this week from the Burn Center in Westchester. His Care Pages have been a true inspiration of human strength and courage for those of us who have followed this special man's long journey back to recovery.
His life, his family everything has changed forever ...because of a drunk driver!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bennington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What to wear for an interview Apr 20 Fatso Fife 3
chris harrington and the country drifters??!!?? (Sep '11) Apr 15 Cheryl l 24
News Pownal water district facing permanent PFOA fil... Apr 8 Alta Gardens Bums 3
News Two plead not guilty in Maple St. arson case (Mar '10) Apr 3 Fatso Fife 57
News 'It's our moment to share what we believe in' Mar 26 Fatso Fife 1
News 2 uninjured as moose strikes car on Route 7 Mar '18 Fatso Fife 1
News Man accused of repeated molestation Mar '18 Fatso Fife 1

Bennington Jobs

Personal Finance

Bennington Mortgages