District Court

Full story: Bennington Banner

The following cases were heard in Bennington District Court on Thursday: Crystal Raymond, 24, of French Hollow Road in Winhall pleaded guilty to charges of obstruction of justice, domestic assault and giving ...
Comments
1 - 10 of 10 Comments Last updated Mar 1, 2013
Vermont transplant

Bennington, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2009

Where are the rest? The article reads "the following cases were heard" meaning more than 1. I can only see one. I guess proper english is not required in the banner and it was a slow day in district court.
Real Vermonter

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2009

So let me get this straight! This means you can go and assault someone then put a knife to their throat and scratch them and rip their clothes and get aggressive with police and call them names and use vulgarities and threatening to kill the original person and violate your conditions of release and only get 90 days? Sign me up! This sounds like more fun than a day trip to afghanistan and a whole lot cheaper! Put a knife to my throat and I bet you get at least a life sentence! You wount have to wait for your speedy trial either! ;-)~

“I WRITE WHAT I FEEL ......”

Since: Oct 08

BENNINGTON

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2009

Judged:

to many domestic issues in vt
Real Vermonter

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2009

Thats what makes it Vermont!
Helloooo

Danville, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2009

As long as our Legislators believe that 'criminals' can be 'rehabilitated' we will continue to see a rise (among other factors, of course). I am talking about the multi-offending person here.

Legislators, please note........

The State does not have the ability to 'rehabilitate' criminals. It is not going to happen, even if we can't afford to keep criminals in jail. We are not saving money by emptying the jails. When you add it all together, they cost the taxpayers even more money.

These criminals have more rights than the rest of us do now. They know that you guys are on their side and they are taking advantage of it. They are committing more crimes because they know you will not allow them to do jail time.

We need to get back to basics. It's ok to make people do their jail time if they have broken the law and proved that they cannot be supervised while on probation, parole or house arrest.

Build two huge jails. One up north, one down south. Make them big enough to be useful 30 years from now. Get rid of the overcrowding in this way. Make the multi-offenders and violent offenders spend their entire sentences in jail.

Don't give them regular television. Don't give them weights in their recreation room(why on earth do we allow this). Make it so that when you are in jail, you are giving up some of your rights. We have to make it 'hurt' to be in jail. And for heaven's sake, arrest those that bring in, or attempt to bring in, contraband. And permanantly ban any visitor that does so.

yadda, yadda, yadda.......
hmmmm

Stowe, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2009

This just in.....

Vermont's "Justice" system s u c k s!
Real Vermonter

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2009

The criminals in Vermont suck!
Get Real

South Burlington, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2009

Vermont... the east coast San Francisco

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2009

Judged:

Proven fact women abuse just as much as men do, Just men feel like cowards to report it....
Crystal Raymond

Franklin, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

Well let me inform all of you. I am the women in this case. Yes the women charged with a domestic. Here is why I plead guilty to a crime I did not commit. I did not want to loose custody of our child. THis man if you look at his record for years and years beat me, put a lit cigerate out on our child. I threatend to leave him and he turned aqround and claimed I slit his throat. Mind you there was no marks on him at all and this is why because he was not even home of the time he claimed I did this. Yes I got verbally abusive with the police when they arrested me, because I had just the week prior went to them for help because this man was beating me and they saw the marks on me. So please dont judge by what you see. There is always more to the story then the media wants to put out. This man is 6 feet 2 inches tall, I am 5 one honestly how could I hold him from behind at knife point. Now the obstrution of justice yes I did do that. WHen I was released on conditions of release he was following me every where I went tanting me making fun of me getting arrested, knowing that that summer I had graduated college with a criminal justice degree, so he knew he just ruined my whole career with his lies. So he kept harrassing me and the cops wouldnt do anything so yes I did call him yes I did tell him to stop, and then I got charged with obstruction for contactinng him. Funny Ill admit to the felon which carrys a harsher sentence but Ill never admit to a domestic I never did. Which the domestic does not carry as many consequences as the felony, so ask yourselfs why? Why would I do that. In this very liberal state, time n time again victims of domestic violence are prosecuted because that is their batterers way of getting back at them for trying to leave or pressing charges on them. Do research on the topic before judging. Google Nicholas Trevino.THe month of Feb prior to this inncodent he was charged with taking a hammer to his x girlfriends head and choking her with his hands till she was unconscious. Yes studpid for me to get back with him knowing this but he assured me it was all her and lies and he has changed. Well lesson learned.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Bennington Discussions

Search the Bennington Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
i suck dong Thu Mrs Fudd 18
What type of town is Bennington (Sep '13) Wed Snookums 270
28 countries (Oct '13) Jul 28 Elmer_J_Fudd 285
Help Wanted-Sistums Enjunear (Jan '14) Jul 28 Elmer_J_Fudd 31
Frustrated (Nov '13) Jul 28 Elmer_J_Fudd 40
Hopeful Bennington will find a way to better pr... Jul 28 Elmer_J_Fudd 1
STATE v. MORSE Jul 28 Elmer_J_Fudd 1
•••
•••