Man opens fire on Marlboro County courthouse

A man with an automatic weapon fired a number of gunshots at the Marlboro County courthouse Wednesday afternoon, according to a witness. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Neilm

Clermont, FL

#1 Mar 30, 2006
Man. this is just a little town in the middle of nowhere.I was there for two years building a new Federal Prison.
Concerned

Helmetta, NJ

#2 Mar 30, 2006
Its crazy in Marlboro County due to the fact there is no jobs for people!!!!!!!!!! The people of the cities are stressed.....put more jobs and activities for the youth out there!!!!!!!!!!
TDD

Durham, NC

#3 Mar 30, 2006
Please watch your comments. This man is my family.
Policeofficer aunt

AOL

#4 Apr 3, 2006
TDD wrote:
Please watch your comments. This man is my family.

The policeofficer shot was my nephew, our prayers goes to the family, as they should also go to us since he almost took our love ones....
Sad the condition our world is in
response

United States

#5 May 30, 2006
you are right but its people liked you with a small mind frame that keeps this city fom growing. why do you come here and capitalized on your ideas of what will make this middle of nowhere city better
jon

United States

#6 Sep 30, 2006
dont hate on B-ville
Jessica

Atlanta, GA

#7 Oct 2, 2006
im with jon..most of you people who come in here dont even live in Marlboro County, so how do you know what all goes on here?you only know what you hear. Marlboro County really isn't a bad place to live if you only took the time to look at what good happens in here not only the mistakes people make. you all need to leave Marlboro County alone and as jon said stop hatin.
Mark-13 years old

Atlanta, GA

#8 Feb 7, 2007
i rep that b'ville lol
Jack

Dillon, SC

#9 Mar 21, 2007
Thats what im talkin about. All these ppl in here talkin junk about MC and I wouldnt live ne where else
snark

United States

#10 Mar 21, 2007
Bobby Brown Junior prior charges including weapons, larceny and domestic violence.

gets on the hood of his car ripping the bible up and throwing the pages around.then gets his gun and starts shooting for no particular reason.

It was almost like he wanted someone to shoot him," Moore said. "If he wanted to massacre a lot of people, he could have."

suicide by cop
carolina girl

United States

#11 Apr 30, 2007
b'ville is just alot of other places,needs more jobs and a whole lot more prayers.
Meghan10

Washington, DC

#12 May 3, 2007
Jessica wrote:
im with jon..most of you people who come in here dont even live in Marlboro County, so how do you know what all goes on here?you only know what you hear. Marlboro County really isn't a bad place to live if you only took the time to look at what good happens in here not only the mistakes people make. you all need to leave Marlboro County alone and as jon said stop hatin.
Jessica, I am from Society Hill, SC about 12 miles down from Bennettsville. I was in Bennettsville last August and I stopped at Freds to get somethings for my daughter to take to school. She is in College in North Carolina. After returning from NC, my nephew drove back into Bennettsville and I have never seen such a beautiful place. There was this big lake and near the lake was nice homes and he told me black & white lived back there. In fact, I knew some people who live there. That place was hidden and it was so pretty. I would love to live there. Bennettsville is ok, just do go there and show off. My nephew does not mess with Bennettsville in the night. My brother works there in the evening and he has never had any problems. If anyone goes looking for trouble, they will find it.
MAK 11 9mm

United States

#13 Nov 22, 2007
Bobby Brown used a MAK11 9mm uzi style semi-automatic. I sold it to him. Was Bobby Brown crazy? No. He hit his boiling point where enough was enough. MCSD served him papers that day for child support or restraining order. He snapped.
Dont hate me, I didnt pull the trigger. He did. He did what most people would want to do but cant. Thats fight the crooked bohemith fascist government in Marlboro County, and the symbol is the courthouse. What better way to prove it than pour 32 rounds into the place.
Helpful advice

Nashville, TN

#14 Nov 26, 2007
you people are all insane. Maybe you should get a job (I have one already, thank you). I don't sit around complaining, I actually went out and looked for a job! Get off your lazy asses and quit complaining.
Susan0304

Clayton, NC

#15 Dec 23, 2007
Tell me! What is this all about??? This is the first time Im visiting here!!!
trapboy

Florence, SC

#16 Jan 19, 2008
BENNETTSVILLE IZ DA TRU CITY.....Big ups 2 da hoodz in da ville>>>>>ill town...mill farm...karen cirle...shady rest...firestone...eastside... fairground...n all da othaz.......
WE LOVE U BOBBY

Greenwood, SC

#18 Apr 22, 2008
I WOULD LOVE TO SAY THAT BOBBY WASN'T CRAZY AT ALL.HE WAS JUST TIRED OF LIVING AND WAS READY TO LEAVE THE WORLD.IF HE WANTED TO KILL PEOPLE HE COULD HAVE AND THAT INCLUDES THE OFFICER THAT WAS SHOT IN THE HAND.ALL I KNOW IS THAT THERE WAS A MAN THAT LOVED THE LORD AND HE WAS READY TO DO SUICIDE BY COP TO GET TO WHERE HE WANTED TO BE.HE HAD TIME TO MAKE PEACE WITH THE LORD BEFORE HE HAD DIED CAUSE HE LIVED FOR AN HOUR AND SO AFTERWARDS.NOBODY BUT THE LORD AND HIS FAMILY AND CLOSE FRIENDS KNEW HIS HEART.THERE WAS THINGS IN HIS PAST THAT MADE HIM LOOK BAD BUT WE ALL MADE MISTAKES NOT TO JUDGE OTHERS.HE HAS 2 KIDS THAT HAS TO BE RAISED WITHOUT A FATHER LET ALONE THE WAY HE DIED.HE HAS A MOTHER THAT HE WAS CLOSE TO AND HE WAS THE ONLY CHILD OF HERS.HE HAD A GIRLFRIEND THAT HAS TO LIVE EVERY DAY WISHING THAT SHE COULD HAVE BEEN THERE TO TRY TO STOP THINGS THAT HAD HAPPENED BUT NOW ALL SHE CAN DO IS RAISE THEIR KIDS ALONE.TO ALSO CLEAR SOMETHING UP,HE WAS ON CHILD SUPPORT ALMOST A YEAR EARLIER BUT THAT RUMOR HAD SURFACED FROM OUT OF NO WHERE.BOBBY Q. BROWN IS IN A BETTER PLACE NOW!WE ARE THE ONES THAT ARE LEFT HERE TO REACH THE LAND OF THE GLORY THY GOD,AMAN.
oochie

United States

#19 May 2, 2008
I hung out with bobby numerous times,he was an nice respectful guy,an he will be miss.may god bless his kids,and everyone that love him.see you when i get to heaven.
PoppinPete

United States

#20 Aug 13, 2008
Yeah...... he sounds like a real sack of shit.
tha truth

High Point, NC

#21 Dec 11, 2008
marlboro county tha home of no mans land its there lil redneck town.with nothing.ooh there is jail u do tha math,half r locked up 4 b,s, weed,crack,cocaine.u going under tha jail. they do have a lot of bro. on tha pld.they dont understand.they not out try 2 help nobody.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bennettsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Obama-Marriage - Bennettsville, SC (May '12) Nov 27 zer0sig 6
break ins Oct '14 concerned citizen 1
Review: Senior Catering Inc Oct '14 colt45 1
Is there a seafood market in or around Cheraw (Mar '14) Oct '14 walkerwilliam91 2
tracie douglas Sep '14 smilies123 1
3 arrested, 1 at large for Marlboro County crimes (Mar '14) Aug '14 Bonnie Wheeler 3
Do you think we need a change for a NEW Marlbor... (Aug '11) Jul '14 debra wilkes 80
Bennettsville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Bennettsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Bennettsville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Bennettsville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:56 am PST

NFL 9:56AM