International adoption

International adoption

There are 6 comments on the Vallejo Times-Herald story from May 25, 2008, titled International adoption. In it, Vallejo Times-Herald reports that:

Breana Peladeau, 8, observes her two little brothers, Caleb, left, 3, and Branden, center, 5, and may look forward to the arrival of an adopted sister.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Vallejo Times-Herald.

Stop the BS

Santa Rosa, CA

#1 May 25, 2008
What there isn't enough abandon children in america?? you people who go over seas and bring children back sicken me. I think there are enough children in ca alone that need good homes or a home in general.
Adopt Research

AOL

#2 May 26, 2008
What about the 113,000 American Children sitting in our foster care system that are paper ready to be adopted? Your article mentions nothing about the fraud, human trafficking associated with many adoption agencies closing down as well as sending countries closing down. This is a 2.3 billion dollar industry in the USA and many adoption agencies have no credentials to be open and operating. Most of these agencies are grossing over $1.2 million a year (as per guidestar.com ) yet they claim a "non-profit" status.
If the USA was more helpful in boosting the economy of these countries, more birth mothers would not have to abandoned their children. Many of these children in orphanages are not even properly relinquished by the birth parent. They are in an orphanage to get food and schooling that the poor parents cannot afford.
Americans that are adopting oversees feel they have entitlement to these children because they believe they can offer a better life.
Yeah

United States

#3 May 27, 2008
yeah, we know the pain, it is now approaching the 3 year mark since we started our international adoption from russia....
Yeah

United States

#4 May 27, 2008
Stop the BS wrote:
What there isn't enough abandon children in america?? you people who go over seas and bring children back sicken me. I think there are enough children in ca alone that need good homes or a home in general.
how many have you adopted?
Kurt Henke

United States

#5 May 28, 2008
Wednesday May 28th, 2007 10:35PM
To Sam Kurshan and the citizens of Vallejo,
I am sorry my members have lowered them selves to
the depths they are presently at.
I do not now or have I ever, condoned this despicable behavior. I will not tolerate any of my members threatening members of the community and/or implying they will not be safe.
I have sent an email to all of my members and have cc'd a copy to Times herald Publisher Ron Rhea and VPOA President Steve Gordon, who has assured me that he will speak to his members as well.
We hope to still be able to serve Vallejo after the bankruptcy is settled and provide excellent services to the community.
Sincerely,
Kurt Henke
JoeJ

Jackson, KY

#6 May 31, 2008
I have to agree that international adoption should be illegal for now, and considered a threat to our local society.

There's nothing bad about taking in any child to love and protect them. But, and it's a BIG BUT, it's hypocritical and wrong to spend a year doing paperwork and spending a crap load of money just to go overseas and adopt a child when there are so many right here at home living in nothing but an institution, or being bounced around from home to home. I have friends who tried foster parenting, and it was a disaster. The children were so angry from being tossed around. They felt like there was no light at the end of the tunnel. Children literally are being failed in this country.

And for anyone to ignore that just to choose a non-American child is just hypocritical. You care about nothing but your own self. Its not about helping children to you. Its more about helping a child AND helping your self as well. That's the difference.

My wife and I fully agree on this issue and we both have nothing good to say about people who ignore our local children. If I made the laws I would tell people who want children outside the USA to move away and give up their citizenship. If you really need a chinese kid, then move to China.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Benicia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tour of Vallejo’s Julia Morgan house planned fo... (Sep '15) 5 hr im sammie 12
Where is the chief this time? 7 hr Who cares 43
Vallejo’s vice mayor eyes possible council changes 15 hr Robin 10
Baby clothes exchange deal becomes armed carjac... 17 hr are u surprised 3
Jerry Brown commutes prison sentences for six m... 18 hr moonbeam 2
New Salvadoran eatery gaining popularity in Val... 20 hr trumpettes p ee 17
Trump Caught in Hilary Drag 20 hr ERASE ALL PIX 1

Benicia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance