Grant will boost tourism in Tri-Cities

Grant will boost tourism in Tri-Cities

There are 14 comments on the Harlan Daily Enterprise story from Jun 24, 2010, titled Grant will boost tourism in Tri-Cities. In it, Harlan Daily Enterprise reports that:

In an effort to promote businesses, attractions and services available in the Tri-Cities area, an $8,000 grant from the Center for Rural Development was received by the Tri-Cities Heritage Development Corporation recently.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Harlan Daily Enterprise.


Harrodsburg, KY

#1 Jun 24, 2010
LOL What a joke! 8,000,000 would'nt help tourism in this hole. What are they comming to see? Maybe our pot holes or is it our drug dealers? LOL
The Informant

Marshall, MN

#2 Jun 24, 2010
I MAY come back for 1 day for 8000.00
Happy In Dayton

United States

#3 Jul 6, 2010
What exactly is TriCity Heritage going to do with the grant money of $8000 from Center for rural Development? I would really be interesed to know. Does anyone know?

London, KY

#4 Jul 7, 2010
plantin flaurs creates new jobs for the garden club,they get pay $1000.00 each for 2 hours work.aint that considered beauty?info might be exagereted,they might get more then $1000.00

London, KY

#5 Jul 8, 2010
What is here to tour? NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!

Jasper, IN

#6 Jul 8, 2010
maybe open up another sock factory
needstotakeacrap realbad

Doniphan, MO

#7 Jul 8, 2010
there isnt anything going to help this place , they put bears in here and the dumbass parkrangers kept shooting them with beanbags until they ran them out of the park, why did they put them here i swear you have to wonder about some of these people, we got bears but we keep them ran off come watch the rangers ride around with beanbag guns .................duh-huh

Jasper, IN

#8 Jul 13, 2010
maybe they could make the bean bag gun and the bears an attraction at kingdom come park, rent out bean bag guns to go and shoot the bears with....sounds like fun!!!

Harrodsburg, KY

#9 Jul 20, 2010
Yep that should double tourism next year. Two people will come insted of the one we had this year! LOL

Lexington, KY

#10 Jul 21, 2010
u all could line up all the pill heads and dope dealers and have a drug parade., and have them followed by all the check drawers and food stampers., that should cover about 95 % of the population,and the other 5 %(the ho's) could bring up the rear....what a site to see!!!!

Richmond, KY

#11 Jul 21, 2010
what? who wants to visit a place with nothing to do?...not even movies or bowling...people dont wanna come here

Monterey, TN

#12 Mar 11, 2011
Finally wrote:
what? who wants to visit a place with nothing to do?...not even movies or bowling...people dont wanna come here
NOPE,I think people do want to visit there,I use to live there along with ALOT of family,almost all of us have been gone for years,but word still gets around.What has happened up there?Does someone own the whole downtown part and wont let it be fixed or what?I really would like to know,Im ready to move to somewhere,and I love makeing a positive differance.Isnt there any movers and shakers left there?PLEASE LEAVE ME REAL DETAILS!Thank you,I will check this site again Sat.Evening.

Mount Vernon, KY

#13 Mar 11, 2011
well, look at who the board members are of the's the same bunch of people who do not want anything to come to Cumberland, so that they can control everything and keep Cumberland in a dump.
they didnt put bears here

London, KY

#15 Mar 11, 2011
the bear came here naturally,a and there is nothing to see.i wish we could just have a hogee parade i bet 1000 people would show up to watc that bastard get his ass whipped

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Benham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
sexting (Oct '11) 7 min yep 11
Riley Perrin (Nov '13) 33 min This girl here 2
Oliva Vogel (Oct '09) 47 min Billy 23
wcpm 7 hr Zipperhead 3
Tmmk to cut jobs 19 hr Big Duke 18
News Man sentenced to 12 years on drug charges (Aug '10) Wed funny 27
Kyle mays Wed Truth 17

Benham Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Benham Mortgages