Toyota's proposed $530M expansion wou...

Toyota's proposed $530M expansion would bring 750 jobs to Georgetown

There are 120 comments on the Business Journal story from Apr 17, 2013, titled Toyota's proposed $530M expansion would bring 750 jobs to Georgetown. In it, Business Journal reports that:

Toyota Motor Co.'s car assembly plant in Georgetown, Ky., has proposed a $531 million expansion that would create another 750 full-time manufacturing jobs in Central Kentucky.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Business Journal.

yada

United States

#21 Apr 19, 2013
Im happy wrote:
O. Well thank you for my paycheck. Im so glad you past all the test i had to take. Lol. Lazy ass!
i really didnt expect your hick ass to understand. maybe u will figure it out when ur kids get hired 10 yrs from now at a LOWER wage than u make u will understand
Im happy

Antioch, TN

#22 Apr 19, 2013
O yada! You are my hero! My saviour! Please inspire me more!
Thank you Mitch Mcconnel

Georgetown, KY

#23 Apr 19, 2013
I would like to give a big thanks to Mitch Mcconnell for helping get Kentuckians back to work by bringing jobs here to the bluegrass. Ashley Judd and Obama are only concerned about abortion and higher taxes.
really

Scottsburg, IN

#24 Apr 19, 2013
Good wrote:
The Toyota Haters are the ones that couldn't make it in or got walked out.
I'm a hater and I've never applied and don't want to. Every person I have known to work there hates it and they have worked there some 15 years some less than 5 years. It's not worth the shit u have to put up with the physical pain ur going to endure later on. Not to mention they really could give a shit less about u but claim too. I know someone who hurt there back very bad from that place and he's in horrible pain on a daily. Yea it could happen anywhere. Toyota is like a sweat shop, they got stupid Americans doing exactly what they want u to do, eating outta the palm of their hand, enjoy! In the meanwhile I'm going to enjoy my goverment job working for the United States u know where we live and helping our people!
yada

United States

#25 Apr 19, 2013
Im happy wrote:
O yada! You are my hero! My saviour! Please inspire me more!
when one has no logical debate they can always resort to cute fillers i imagine.:)
tmmwv

United States

#26 Apr 19, 2013
Wonder if this trickle down to tmmwv for the 8 speed trans and 6 cyl engine
niceofem2tellus

Louisville, KY

#27 Apr 20, 2013
tmmwv wrote:
Wonder if this trickle down to tmmwv for the 8 speed trans and 6 cyl engine
Without a doubt, the economical impact of the Lexus coming here will be huge. I think all of the NA divisions & suppliers will reap the benefits from it.
lol

Georgetown, KY

#28 Apr 20, 2013
Mitch sucks!He's just another dishonest politician!
Thank you Mitch Mcconnel wrote:
I would like to give a big thanks to Mitch Mcconnell for helping get Kentuckians back to work by bringing jobs here to the bluegrass. Ashley Judd and Obama are only concerned about abortion and higher taxes.
I agree

Georgetown, KY

#29 Apr 20, 2013
I don't hate on Toyota nor am I jealous of anyone that works at Toyota. I retired at 50 years old by being self employed and I enjoy everyday knowing I don't have to work in a factory. I left factory work years ago and never regretted it one bit. I'll still drive a Toyota but I'm sure glad I don't have to build them. But for the ones of you that do build them keep up the good work.
really wrote:
<quoted text>I'm a hater and I've never applied and don't want to. Every person I have known to work there hates it and they have worked there some 15 years some less than 5 years. It's not worth the shit u have to put up with the physical pain ur going to endure later on. Not to mention they really could give a shit less about u but claim too. I know someone who hurt there back very bad from that place and he's in horrible pain on a daily. Yea it could happen anywhere. Toyota is like a sweat shop, they got stupid Americans doing exactly what they want u to do, eating outta the palm of their hand, enjoy! In the meanwhile I'm going to enjoy my goverment job working for the United States u know where we live and helping our people!
I Love My Job

Georgetown, KY

#30 Apr 20, 2013
hopefully his kids will go to college and find an easier way to make a living while others have to work in a factory... Not everybody wants to work for Toyota. Some of you fail to realize that.
yada wrote:
<quoted text>
i really didnt expect your hick ass to understand. maybe u will figure it out when ur kids get hired 10 yrs from now at a LOWER wage than u make u will understand
Yadayafa

Georgetown, KY

#31 Apr 20, 2013
I Love My Job wrote:
hopefully his kids will go to college and find an easier way to make a living while others have to work in a factory... Not everybody wants to work for Toyota. Some of you fail to realize that. <quoted text>
very true. But for those that do.....being thankful for an above avg paying job in Kentucky isn't a crime. But the job comes with an obligation to keep it that way that way for the one's that are to follow you! Much like the ones before you that had the courage to demand a "middle class citizen" pay! The "just be thankful for today" attitude may solve your problems for today but will surely hinder our future and the future of our kids to follow us here
Tmmk

Georgetown, KY

#32 Apr 20, 2013
I do not understand why people on here take the time to trash Toyota. If you work there and are not happy, then quit. Find another job where you would be happy. If you don't work there, why would you even be concerned with Toyota? Posting trash on here is a waste of your time and mine.
Yadayafa

Georgetown, KY

#33 Apr 20, 2013
Tmmk wrote:
I do not understand why people on here take the time to trash Toyota. If you work there and are not happy, then quit. Find another job where you would be happy. If you don't work there, why would you even be concerned with Toyota? Posting trash on here is a waste of your time and mine.
Then why did you or are you looking to be hired on by Toyota? More pay? You should be ashamed... Cant you just be F'ing happy where you are/were? You ungrateful bastard. How dare you expect more in life than the people at Toyota say you're worth
tmmk

Georgetown, KY

#34 Apr 20, 2013
Yadayafa wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why did you or are you looking to be hired on by Toyota? More pay? You should be ashamed... Cant you just be F'ing happy where you are/were? You ungrateful bastard. How dare you expect more in life than the people at Toyota say you're worth
I assume you are trying to make some kind of point.
Gtown chic

Georgetown, KY

#35 Apr 24, 2013
Good wrote:
The Toyota Haters are the ones that couldn't make it in or got walked out.
Exactly. Or the ones that can't try because they're on too many drugs. Jealous of the work and the $$$$$
Aaron

United States

#36 Apr 30, 2013
No, Toyota wanted to pay more, but the chamber of commerce in Miss. would not let them.
Nice try at hating though.
Only in the South wrote:
Go to Mississippi and see what Toyota starts their new employees out at. It was $13/hour last year. Toyota likes the cheap wages in the South. More profit for Toyota. Welcome to The Dirty South!<quoted text>
Yada

Georgetown, KY

#37 Apr 30, 2013
Aaron wrote:
No, Toyota wanted to pay more, but the chamber of commerce in Miss. would not let them.
Nice try at hating though.
<quoted text>
You need biatch slapped if you believe the post you make
Aaron

Henderson, KY

#38 Apr 30, 2013
That's cute. Lol
Yada

Georgetown, KY

#39 Apr 30, 2013
Aaron wrote:
That's cute. Lol
And Tmmk is really trying to return t/m's bonuses but Scott county just won't allow it
Aaron

United States

#40 May 1, 2013
No that's a completely different ball game.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Benham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
online yard sale (Mar '13) 8 min donna woolums 8
Lucas Cummings 1 hr Curious 1
bills fishing lake (Apr '09) 2 hr Jj101214jj 130
pedestrian hit 5 hr Gtownknows 13
Toyota women in powertrain 7 hr JUST WONDERING 1
Ryan tmmk 7 hr Truthful 13
Realtors 7 hr Lindsay H 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Benham Mortgages