Schools in Georgetown Kentucky

Schools in Georgetown Kentucky

Posted in the Benham Forum

wondering

Brownsville, KY

#1 Apr 30, 2013
Can someone give me help on what the schools are like up there? I will need to know on middle and high schools.
wondering

Brownsville, KY

#2 Apr 30, 2013
I'm coming from a small town. And it's a good school and the only school they ever been to. I know if you do little things here there ready to take you to court. And there is nothing here for the kids to do. We only have a bowling alley and pool. Walmart
schools

United States

#3 Apr 30, 2013
wondering wrote:
I'm coming from a small town. And it's a good school and the only school they ever been to. I know if you do little things here there ready to take you to court. And there is nothing here for the kids to do. We only have a bowling alley and pool. Walmart
We only have one high school and its over crowded. A lot of people will tell you that Royal Springs Middle School is the best, I disagree one of my children went there 6 thru 8. That school is like a Military School and they also like to push things under the rug also full of drama. My least child attends Scott County Middle School 6 thru 8, will be moving to the 9th grade center this up coming year. I have had no problems with this school nor has my child.

A word of advice, be very choosey about where you live. Try to follow up on the neighborhood before you rent/buy. They are a lot of good places to live here but then again they're a lot of not so good places, drugs/kids running around with no supervision/stealing, ect.

Good luck and wishing you a happy life here in Gtown.
dadum

Richmond, KY

#4 Apr 30, 2013
Wondering - You have to take all advice on this site with a grain of salt. One man's "military school" is another man's "structure." Are you for real, or just wanting to start Georgetown drama about schools? Just wondering?
wondering

Brownsville, KY

#5 Apr 30, 2013
dadum wrote:
Wondering - You have to take all advice on this site with a grain of salt. One man's "military school" is another man's "structure." Are you for real, or just wanting to start Georgetown drama about schools? Just wondering?
Yes im for real my boyfriend is up there on a job. And wanting me to move there. Thats why i posted this cause were coming from a small area with one middle and one high school. My kids has only been in one school and dont want to leave that why i wanted some advice no trouble of starting things.
kcm

United States

#6 May 1, 2013
There are three middle schools and one high school in Scott county. I went to Georgetown middle but have siblings that went to royal springs middle. we've all turned out with decent educations. School is like anything else in life, you get out what you put in. There are some teachers that kill themselves for their students and some that don't care... Hopefully your children are diligent in their studies and have good teachers wherever they end up going! The schools here are crowded student to teacher ratio but they have decent sports programs. As for child related activates in Georgetown there isn't much.... Just a movie theater and the pavilion (pool & basketball quarts -indoor). There are also parks and rec programs if your child doesn't play sports for school. There is a public pool which I have not attended but have heard mixed reviews. Also if your a church goer there are several different kinds of churches decent sizes that have good youth programs. And if all else fails Lexington is 20-30 mins away! Good luck!
young

United States

#7 May 1, 2013
All the schools in Georgetown suck hope Ur children don't have a IEP

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Benham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wal mart better bonus than toyota 50 min Big Mike 54
what happen to Ruby Estep 1 hr Seeking Ruby Estep 1
I never stopped lovin u 1 hr Smilingbecauseima... 5
Kelly Services Tmmk (Nov '11) 1 hr Concernedcitizen 1,234
Front to back auto 2 hr Snappypappy 4
Review: Deann Crystal Snell 4 hr DEANN CRYSTAL SNELL 1
Toyota Team members SIGN A CARD 5 hr uaw 93

Benham Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance