Benham mayor unhappy over loss of pol...

Benham mayor unhappy over loss of police officers

There are 12 comments on the Harlan Daily Enterprise story from Mar 17, 2010, titled Benham mayor unhappy over loss of police officers. In it, Harlan Daily Enterprise reports that:

The Benham City Council discussed the loss of their police officers to the city of Cumberland at their regular meeting recently.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Harlan Daily Enterprise.

Working for Dodd

Saint Catharine, KY

#1 Mar 21, 2010
Well if you can't pay employees health insurance, never give a cost of living pay increase, constantly threaten to take their insurance and retirement, and always say you don't have money for payroll, why would anybody want to work in a place like that? How can you blame anyone for getting out of that mess there Mr. Dodd? Did Uncle Sam threaten to take your insurance and retirement in the Army? You got it made! Before I'd shit on the poor employees, I'd go home!
Ha Ha

Saint Catharine, KY

#2 Mar 23, 2010
Working for Dodd wrote:
Well if you can't pay employees health insurance, never give a cost of living pay increase, constantly threaten to take their insurance and retirement, and always say you don't have money for payroll, why would anybody want to work in a place like that? How can you blame anyone for getting out of that mess there Mr. Dodd? Did Uncle Sam threaten to take your insurance and retirement in the Army? You got it made! Before I'd shit on the poor employees, I'd go home!
Danny White is a genious compared to tater head!
curious

Cynthiana, KY

#3 Mar 26, 2010
why did benham hire a police cheif that just got fired from loyall because he didnt get along with the people down their are we dragging the bottom why didnt they try to get a local person i thought there was an ordinace passed years ago that they had to live in the city to get the job anyone know
bottom feeders

Sheridan, AR

#4 Mar 26, 2010
All the police departments around here are hiring just about anyone. You get what you pay for!!!
Police

Saint Catharine, KY

#5 Mar 26, 2010
curious wrote:
why did benham hire a police cheif that just got fired from loyall because he didnt get along with the people down their are we dragging the bottom why didnt they try to get a local person i thought there was an ordinace passed years ago that they had to live in the city to get the job anyone know
The old fart hired a guy who lives in Ages so Benham can furnish a car and fuel to travel there and back. Now what good will it do to call out a cop from Ages. I can see him comming out of there blue lights and all. LOL That mayor is dumb as a rock!!!!
curious

Winchester, KY

#6 Mar 29, 2010
didnt he get fired from lynch afew years back i think he did old tater aint to smart is he
someone

Sheridan, AR

#7 Apr 2, 2010
what do u have to have to be a benham police officer?
curious

Sheridan, AR

#8 Apr 2, 2010
why would you wanna be A BENHAM POLICE OFFICER ???????
Jobs

Saint Catharine, KY

#9 Apr 3, 2010
curious wrote:
why would you wanna be A BENHAM POLICE OFFICER ???????
Some use it to get trained and then move on to a real job,it does give them the title chief, and the next place they apply doesn't know they were chief of a wide spot! Free car and gas if you can put up with a crazy mayor!!
lol

Pippa Passes, KY

#10 Apr 4, 2010
I would imagine Benham is glad to be rid of Mike Franks
Jesse Faulkner

United States

#11 Apr 7, 2010
m to i love them police officers love much
jesse faulkner

Ford City, PA

#12 Apr 24, 2010
no more tickets in benham

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Benham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
jennifer lynn patsy brown 1 hr old friend 3
Firemen are a joke! 1 hr Joke 113
spindletop/ponderosa trailer park informant (Jan '15) 1 hr jim 12
Benham's super hero 2 hr look at you 4
Best school for my children? Help 3 hr parent 2
Rebel flags & hats 3 hr duhman 11
Brandon Raines 3 hr Jordan 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Benham Mortgages