Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81695 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#94493 Nov 30, 2013
She read the Surgeon General's warning that sweating on the monkey bars could be hazardous to her health.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#94494 Nov 30, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
She read the Surgeon General's warning that sweating on the monkey bars could be hazardous to her health.
Absolutely. I was up there, on the monkey bars and realized that "on the monkey bars" was more than a mere prepositional phrase, in some random run-on sentence on some bird thread in this little thing we call life.
It was a metaphor! As I climbed around, looking down into the eyes of the abyss and saw those hungry eyes looking up from those folding lawn chairs, I knew I was but prey for the hungry beasts below. So with a flip of my skirt, and a well timed dismount that would put Nadia Comaneci to shame, I ran --- ran till I found a shoe store. Grasping the red leather spectator pump with contrasting white piping trim to my chest, I cried out to the world---"I will never go shoeless again!"
Yep

Cadiz, KY

#94495 Nov 30, 2013
Those things can be hazardous. Saw many a young child dashed upon their steely structure!!!
Imposter

East Bernstadt, KY

#94496 Nov 30, 2013
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
You were goin' soooo good and then wham! you got tired and went to bed.
It's good to know there's a little substance to your ornery self!
Perhaps just a little, maybe even a little more than I've show here so far. Some wonderful things could yet reside in the mists, waiting for the right time to appear?
A huge grey wolf comes to his aid from the depths of the great forest. The great, all encompassing forest far away in a time yet to be. Long after the mountain wormwood smacked the earth setting humanity back a little, to where it was meant to be.
Gotta go for a day or two.
Imposter

East Bernstadt, KY

#94497 Nov 30, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
Ahem, sleep is being elusive. Impostor, as I was reading your posts, I was reminded of the novels by Carlos Castaneda. Perhaps, 3 will become the bear and the bear mere man. As I sit here at my hovel at the edge of the woods, I wish for a sleeping potion. Lack of physical activity- need some chickens- and a nightcap, oh if only...
One reason for not wearing drawers, freedom and a cool breeze. Nothing like wearing a dress and a getting a light breeze on that bottom. Men avoid chaffing as well. Instead of Tom Petty's " Free Falling, " change that to ...all in the imagination. Lol.
Make him get you a treadmill and put a tablet with a good book on the front of it, then you can read and exercise at the same time.
He'll be back soon I'm sure.
His job is a very important job that often goes unnoticed. America would come to a standstill without truckers.
See you in a day or so.
-Out the door.
alton

Hondo, TX

#94499 Nov 30, 2013
Finchh wrote:
I think it has something to do with us burning all that coal!!!
I think that the Goper are killing them and when you can't drive your car on the streets and highways then they will blame it on Oboma.
Yep

Cadiz, KY

#94500 Nov 30, 2013
Huh?

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#94501 Nov 30, 2013
Anne wrote:
Btw... Ohio Jeep Girl!!!
Hello! Miss you.
Her computer is temporarily out of commission, but is being repaired. Hope that she will rejoin the conversation. It's very amusing these days.
Crows

Dunmor, KY

#94502 Nov 30, 2013
There baaaaack
Bird flu

Dunmor, KY

#94503 Nov 30, 2013
Dangerous
So

United States

#94504 Nov 30, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>Her computer is temporarily out of commission, but is being repaired. Hope that she will rejoin the conversation. It's very amusing these days.
Hope you stop in a lot more often! And yes, it's amusing around here lately. Lol I do remember her computer being down now that you mention it. She's a strong woman and I enjoy her posts.
Anne

United States

#94505 Nov 30, 2013
So wrote:
<quoted text>Hope you stop in a lot more often! And yes, it's amusing around here lately. Lol I do remember her computer being down now that you mention it. She's a strong woman and I enjoy her posts.
My my how dumb am I! Lol I'll try to check if my name has been messed with before I post .sigh
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#94506 Nov 30, 2013
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
My my how dumb am I! Lol I'll try to check if my name has been messed with before I post .sigh
I knew it must be you, no one else posts from Bull Run. Speaking of which, the young bull says "Let's run over the hill and do one of those cows". The old bull says "Why don't we just walk and do all those cows".
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#94507 Nov 30, 2013
First Manassas (Bull Run) of July 1861 was the first major battle of the Civil war and a solid victory for the South led by Pierre Gustave Toutant Beauregard (the defender of Charleston S.C.) and is where Thomas Jonathon Jackson earned the nickname of "Stonewall" and where both sides learned that the war was going to be much more involved and not over in just one or two months.

Second Manassas (a year later in August 1862) was the first really devastating engagement in the war and is where both sides realized the extreme cost in lives of the war with the Confederates experiencing 9197 casualties (dead and wounded) or 19% and the Union at 16,054 or 21%.
Yep

Cadiz, KY

#94508 Nov 30, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text> I knew it must be you, no one else posts from Bull Run. Speaking of which, the young bull says "Let's run over the hill and do one of those cows". The old bull says "Why don't we just walk and do all those cows".
An old one but a classic. Been good talking and learning from you all but Topix become to toxic for this old bird. Too must hate and ugliness. Keep the wind at your back good souls. Good life and God bless. I'm gone.
Anne

United States

#94509 Dec 1, 2013
Yep wrote:
<quoted text>
An old one but a classic. Been good talking and learning from you all but Topix become to toxic for this old bird. Too must hate and ugliness. Keep the wind at your back good souls. Good life and God bless. I'm gone.
You're right. There's too much hate and ugliness on here. That is why it's so important to keep a thread like this going. I've read and posted on other forums several times but I have bookmarked this particular thread and never have to even see another thread. Just take the best and leave the rest. Have a wonderful day.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#94510 Dec 1, 2013
@Anne.. that first battle of Bull Run (Manassas) was a big social event where the elite came down from Washington with picnic baskets to watch the game and "tailgate". The excitement soon dwindled when the Yankees lost the "Super Bowl" but it also gave the Rebels a false sense of over-confidence.

I agree with you on Topix threads. It is a very rare thing that I visit any thread other than this one. Most of the others are toxic and ugly and this one is also from time to time and I have learned to just ignore the ugly.
Anne

United States

#94511 Dec 1, 2013
@AW. That certainly was a lot of blood shed. It hurts a persons heart just to think about it. One "good" thing about modern wars, etc would be the loss of life is no longer near as much. Post traumatic stress disorder is a big scourge now. It probably existed way back when but just didnt have a name.
Manasses. I have been through there once,I believe, many years ago. The Battle of Bull Run. Did they just put up a plaque or is there more ?
Perhaps the time will actually come (soon!) when we can pay attention to more historical sites when we travel. This current chapter of our life allows us to spend long amounts of time here and there and to check out its history and local flavor. Especially it's flavorful festival food. Lol
Anne

United States

#94512 Dec 1, 2013
When I said "Flavorful Festival Food" in no way did it mean the picnicking party of the crowds watching the slaughter. I wouldn't be one to watch a hanging either. I simply can't understand wanting to watch people die in such a fashion
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#94513 Dec 1, 2013
You are right about the current loss of life not being nearly what it was historically. For example, there were nearly the same losses in the 3 days at Gettysburg as there were in the entire Vietnam Era. Have a good day, I am out of here to take care of my chickens and then straighten up my house and get ready to go to Church. At least it is not so cold here today.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Benham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
EMS guy and his wife swingers??? (May '12) 6 hr Adultress 6
any other LaVeyan Satanists in Georgetown? (Jun '13) 6 hr jaz_claxton 16
Chandra 8 hr Just wondering 1
eldridges and wells 9 hr shane g 4
Loan approval for toyota employees? 9 hr Ray 2
John Peach 10 hr Therealjohnpeach 33
shannon (Oct '15) 14 hr HaHaHa 2

Benham Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance