Consolidation of systems reviewed by ...

Consolidation of systems reviewed by council members

There are 3 comments on the Harlan Daily Enterprise story from Sep 21, 2010, titled Consolidation of systems reviewed by council members. In it, Harlan Daily Enterprise reports that:

The Cumberland City Council discussed the merger of the water and waste water systems for Cumberland, Benham and Lynch at a recent council meeting.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Harlan Daily Enterprise.

Confused

Harrodsburg, KY

#1 Sep 21, 2010
Is 1.1 million all they have for this project? That won't pay the engineering fees. It will take millions to build new plants and replace lines. All 3 cities run on money from water and sewer. There is little money anywhere else. That is one of the biggest problems. The money that should be used to maintain water and sewer is spent on everything. Then the cities want a freebie from the state when the plants fail! I think the plan is to get these plants and money away from the cities so they can be maintained properly. The three cities will have to combine, and quit wasting money on rediculous things! I just wonder who is going to pay the bills? Oh, we citizens will see large property tax increases because the cities are broke, and increase on water and sewer to pay for the new system. Just the cold hard facts!!!!!!!!!!Like I said, I'm confused!
UWILLPAY

Harrodsburg, KY

#2 Sep 22, 2010
Have you seen how much taxes are going up to pay for the new consolidated school? Well you ain't seen nothin yet baby! Just wait till you see what this water consolidation is going to cost us!IT IS NEVER CHEAPER!!!!!!!!!!
LOL

Harrodsburg, KY

#3 Sep 23, 2010
If the commission assumes the debt, the same people still owe it! The customers of the system still owe the debts, plus the added cost of a new system. Cumberland adding 700 residential customers, who are mostly minimum users, is not exactly the goose that layed the golden egg!Alot of pros and cons to this idea. Sounds like Obama Care alot!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Benham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
mt vernon subdivision 1 hr Chevy 2
hoagge or whatever (Jan '12) 1 hr greeneyedlady 50
wig eldridge 4 hr wig 5
Trampuss Queen (Aug '12) 10 hr keepdreaming 38
joel ray hall at post office is a punk (Sep '15) 18 hr Clerk 24
what does anybody think about leesha??? (Jan '13) 22 hr me 31
Sherry Blanton Thompson Fri Who knows 1

Benham Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance