Irish traveller's
My two cents

United States

#1128 Mar 11, 2013
Very true that hard work brings prosperity and we do work hard. I was just trying to say that we are more than what we drive. Have nots will always be jealous of haves though.
Tim Pat Coogan

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1129 Mar 11, 2013
My two cents wrote:
Very true that hard work brings prosperity and we do work hard. I was just trying to say that we are more than what we drive. Have nots will always be jealous of haves though.
Obviously many of the nastier comments posted here are born out suspicion and jealousy..I think straightforwardly explaining how we live better serves us than returning the venom..Though that is unarguably easer said than done at times..
itzwitchy

Durham, NC

#1130 Mar 12, 2013
jill in ft worth wrote:
Mel. Benefit is spelled b e n e f i t. Please teach your kids to spell. Or send them to school. In Texas, we believe in education. I think your kids could benefit from going to school not traveling.
I just found this forum and am astonished I haven't stumbled across it before way before now. I have refrained from commenting so far because I have a long way to go to catch up to the last page of this thread. I'm in trouble as my tongue is bitten raw already.

This post? For the love of God, woman! You have the audacity to say that Texas believes in education? It's almost dead last in SAT scores only trumped by Mississippi. On the other hand? Texas is #1 in high school drop-out rates and #1 in teenage pregnancies. Congratulations.

Carry on. I cannot reply to anymore posts until I'm almost up to speed or I'll never there.

Don't throw stones when
itzwitchy

Durham, NC

#1131 Mar 12, 2013
oops...Don't throw stones when you live in glass houses.
itzwitchy

Durham, NC

#1132 Mar 12, 2013
jill in ft worth wrote:
Mel. I think your kids could benefit from going to school not traveling.
This sentence is grammatically incorrect for someone accusing anyone of being illiterate. A comma would have been applicable following '...going to school' and before '...not traveling.' Or you had a variety of other ways to convey that thought and have it be proper written English. "I think your kids could benefit from going to school AND not travelling." is just one of way you might have expressed your concept and and have it be grammatically correct. How about, "...benefit from going to school RATHER THAN traveling."?

Watch, I'm going to get to the end of this thread and this one, Jill, will have been long gone! No more replies from me or I'll never get out of here!
itzwitchy

Durham, NC

#1133 Mar 12, 2013
jill in ft worth wrote:
Texas is home to a great number of the highest ranked high schools in the USA. Oh that's right you can't read because you don't go to school.
Then explain Texas' deplorable state test scores and horrendous drop-out rate. Hell, Texas has even managed to drop from 45th place in ranking illiteracy rates in America to dead last place.

This particular poster got under my skin and crawled up my spine. Such ignorance delivered with such arrogance!
itzwitchy

Durham, NC

#1134 Mar 12, 2013
jill in ft worth wrote:
We are not the UK. In the USA, we don't consider it as a race. They are welcome to go to the UK.
Your posts in particular have conjured up the witchy-bitchy in me.

All recent genetic studies between the Irish Travellers and the Irish general public have pretty much concluded that the genetic markings in Travellers' DNA are distinct enough to vary from the general non-Traveller Irish population to qualify for inclusion as an ethnic minority in Ireland. Similar efforts are being pursued in the UK where there are even more Irish Travellers to bully than in Eire.
itzwitchy

Durham, NC

#1135 Mar 12, 2013
Mel Columcille Gibson wrote:
<quoted text>Forgot to switch. The I.T.s are recognized as a ethic group in Great Britain , but oddly not in Eire (Where there are far more ) for reasons purely political.
OK, I had it backwards. A lot of the IT Movement organizations are located in the UK since it has so many ITs. I'm not exactly sure they haven't also been recognized in Ireland now too....thought I read something like that somewhere.
itzwitchy

Durham, NC

#1136 Mar 12, 2013
Archie wrote:
Tim,I only wish to speak with local,Thank you.I can tell he does know what hes talking about,I am only new to town,But im not new to the con games of the IT'S,so please dont try to turn things around,I have a job and I dont scam for a living thank you!
Jerk.
itzwitchy

Durham, NC

#1137 Mar 12, 2013
Lana wrote:
So is that a "no" on any family names of greenhorn Carroll's in Fort worth/white settlement area? Anyone?
OK....by now? I'm completely speed reading each page to see who's left to talk to in the end but I can tell Lana that Carroll is a common IT name in all their communities, here and abroad.
itzwitchy

Durham, NC

#1138 Mar 12, 2013
Shop local wrote:
<quoted text>
You have zero clue what you are even talking about. I spend as much time on here as I do, to help keep good uneducated people, in the ways of IT fraud from being taken advantage of. I feel it's my duty to be here.

Just curious...there must be 'eleventy-billion' more Hispanic, Black, Asian,White Supremacist,(etc.) gang members in the Ft. Worth area than there are even ITs who live there, much less any ITs involved in criminality. Do you patrol those thousands of possible threads as vigorously as you do this one?

I suggest you find a new hobby.
ryLarry

North Richland Hills, TX

#1139 Mar 12, 2013
IT's are lazy
itzwitchy

Durham, NC

#1140 Mar 12, 2013
My two cents wrote:
Yes, I couldn't agree more. Romneys morals and values do mirror our core values as well. Less government is the best government.
OMG! OMG! These are the first painful words I've read from a Traveller on this interminable thread! Romney would have said anything to get elected. He used to be very pro-women's rights and gay marriage until it was convenient not to be. He doesn't give a rat's ass about abortion except as an opportunity to exploit it. A Bain Capital 'abortion waste disposal facility' is about 20 miles north of me. The next time you use a high end hair product? Don't wonder where that 'placenta' came from.

On the other hand? Obama's maternal grandmother's kin are Kearneys Donovans and Rileys who trace their ancestry to Moneygall, Eire. Say...Isn't that smack in the Irish midlands between Dublin and Rathkeale? Hmmm....I think it's entirely possible Obama has Traveller blood in his lineage.
Tim Pat Coogan

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1141 Mar 12, 2013
itzwitchy wrote:
<quoted text>
Then explain Texas' deplorable state test scores and horrendous drop-out rate. Hell, Texas has even managed to drop from 45th place in ranking illiteracy rates in America to dead last place.
This particular poster got under my skin and crawled up my spine. Such ignorance delivered with such arrogance!
Yep, she was just trying to be as annoying as possible..She was highly successful in that regard.
Tim Pat Coogan

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1142 Mar 12, 2013
itzwitchy wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG! OMG! These are the first painful words I've read from a Traveller on this interminable thread! Romney would have said anything to get elected. He used to be very pro-women's rights and gay marriage until it was convenient not to be. He doesn't give a rat's ass about abortion except as an opportunity to exploit it. A Bain Capital 'abortion waste disposal facility' is about 20 miles north of me. The next time you use a high end hair product? Don't wonder where that 'placenta' came from.
On the other hand? Obama's maternal grandmother's kin are Kearneys Donovans and Rileys who trace their ancestry to Moneygall, Eire. Say...Isn't that smack in the Irish midlands between Dublin and Rathkeale? Hmmm....I think it's entirely possible Obama has Traveller blood in his lineage.
Ha!...We dont want him..As self employed small business owners & pro-family conservative R.C.s the bulk of us would lean towards the R's by default..
itzwitchy

Durham, NC

#1143 Mar 12, 2013
Tim Pat Coogan wrote:
<quoted text>Ha!...We dont want him..As self employed small business owners & pro-family conservative R.C.s the bulk of us would lean towards the R's by default..

Saints alive! It shames me that any Irish descendants from a centuries long history of enslavement, displacement, deliberate starvation and genocide would have anything to do with any group or person not empathetic to the same conditions our people were subjected to forever. Here is the best analogy I can think of: Republicans = Cromwell's armies on steroids. Irish in America are generally very proud Democrats thanks to the lessons learned from their own tragic histories at the hands of truly evil people. While I'm at it? UNIFY IRELAND!

Besides, Obama may be blood kin. I'm pretty sure that trumps all other objections according to clan rule.

No disrespect meant, friend! Síochána!
Tim Pat Coogan

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1144 Mar 12, 2013
itzwitchy wrote:
<quoted text>
Saints alive! It shames me that any Irish descendants from a centuries long history of enslavement, displacement, deliberate starvation and genocide would have anything to do with any group or person not empathetic to the same conditions our people were subjected to forever. Here is the best analogy I can think of: Republicans = Cromwell's armies on steroids. Irish in America are generally very proud Democrats thanks to the lessons learned from their own tragic histories at the hands of truly evil people. While I'm at it? UNIFY IRELAND!
Besides, Obama may be blood kin. I'm pretty sure that trumps all other objections according to clan rule.
No disrespect meant, friend! Síochána!
Quite familiar with the horrors Oliver Cromwell brought to the land of our forbearers..And if you know who Tim Pat Coogan is you know where my politics regarding Erin lie..That being said I'm a Republican both here and there..Even if some of Sinn Fein's policys would be to the left of mine..BTW, unification is coming within a generation..Unionist kids are far more likely to go to University in England and most don't come back as the advantages of being Protestant have largely disappeared. If anything it has arguably been replaced by a Nationalist edge. I actually feel a tinge of sorrow for the N.I. Unionist community. They were used as pawns by the Empire.
itzwitchy

Durham, NC

#1145 Mar 12, 2013
Tim Pat Coogan wrote:
<quoted text>Yep, she was just trying to be as annoying as possible..She was highly successful in that regard.
LOL! And as predicted? By the time I'd spent five hours reading this whole thing? She was LONG gone. Too bad. I was going to point out that the title of this thread was most likely misspelled by a Texan non-Traveller. Irish Traveller's? An Irish Traveller's what??? Pluralization doesn't require apostrophes, for crying out loud....must be that stellar Texas education Jill was crowing about.

Amazing. This is blatant misspelling. It passed by all those proofreaders and editors too? Ah.....Texas.
Tim Pat Coogan

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1146 Mar 12, 2013
Do me a favor -Google Polical affiliation by church attendance..Catholics who go to mass on a weekly basis are overwhelmingly Republicans..This holds true for all Christian denominations..The 1 exeption being blacks, but that has more to do with high levels of dependance & poverty in that community than religion.
itzwitchy

Durham, NC

#1147 Mar 12, 2013
Tim Pat Coogan wrote:
Do me a favor -Google Polical affiliation by church attendance..Catholics who go to mass on a weekly basis are overwhelmingly Republicans..This holds true for all Christian denominations..The 1 exeption being blacks, but that has more to do with high levels of dependance & poverty in that community than religion.
I don't want to fuss religion with you Tim Pat! I've really appreciated the comments I've read you post so far on this about ITs.

I have really strong opinions about the RC Church. We were raised terminally Irish Catholic...'old school' where we kids were beaten silly by nuns with grudges daily for many many years....Fun times! Two day home Wake sittings, sashes flying on the windows throughout the house to release the spirit of the departed while little old ladies keened back and forth over the body. That was some radically serious Rosary action going on there too. Surprising they didn't generate enough electricity to actually raise the dead, frankly.

We are obviously far apart on Politics too; another thing we should avoid since it's always trouble and off-topic anyway! I do have to point out that Obama actually won the Catholic vote in both elections easily...by 15 points in 2012.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Benbrook Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 1 hr TheyPharts 1,135
News Kennedale residents still simmering over year-o... 12 hr DR James 5
Review: Folse Land Services LLC (Apr '15) Feb 21 Larry 3
gang stalking in dfw (Feb '16) Feb 20 Dallasvictim 28
The Memories of Police officer Henry Paul Mailloux (Oct '08) Feb 19 Dez 25
Review: Ray's Tint Shop (Sep '12) Feb 15 You must be blind af 11
2 Black Males Wanted In Quik Sak Robbery Feb 14 Sanny Da Bull Gra... 2

Benbrook Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Benbrook Mortgages