United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2008

Judged:

I want to warn everyone in the Benbrook area not to use the Winscott Road Funeral Home. My mother passed away last week after a valiant battle with breast cancer. She had made arrangements to use this funeral home, so I honored her wishes. What a mistake! The funeral home staff never even made contact with us at the hospital when they came to pick her up. We asked the nurse where thay were and we were advised tha they had already come and gone through the back door. Not even an expression of condolence! They prepared a video montage of photos of my mother for the visitation and the equipment malfunctioned and instead of having the staff fix it, me and my family were told to just keep hitting the play button when it stopped. I provided recent photos of my mom for the makeup artist, and they still did a terrible job. Several other people commented about the poor quality work they did. Mom only wanted a graveside service and she spelled out her wishes exactly for the funeral home. They still forgot the music, with no remorse at all. Luckily our pastor was able to still provide a beautiful service without their assistance. I do not want anyone else to go through the heartache that I experienced, so please pass this on to everyone you know.
Redrock 1

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2008

Judged:

I have already heard about this Funeral Home. I was told about their poor customer service and amateur abilities. I think the word has already gotten around, but I will tell everyone I know to use another funeral home. Sorry for your loss, and sorry you had to deal with a disreputable business.
Jill3467

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2008

Judged:

Wow, I thought that I was the only one that had a bad experience with this place! I lived in Benbrook several years ago, and moved away. While I was living there, I had an Aunt that passed away and we used this terrible Funeral Home. The funeral director was rude and snotty and when we tried to complain about something, she got defensive and denied responsibility. How does this place stay in business? On another note, I went to a funeral at Mountain Valley Funeral Home in Joshua, and they were great! Dont waste your time or your sanity on Winscott Funeral Home, they are crooked and will prey on you when you are least able to recognize it.
greatguy1961

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2008

Judged:

There is a Texas Funeral Directors Association that oversees all of the activities of Funeral Homes in Texas. Why haven't they been reported? I think that there are actually moral standards that they have to comply with or they can get their license revoked. Just an idea! Sorry for your loss.
legislative2455

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2008

Judged:

I have heard about this funeral home in the past, and I know some people in Austin who would be interested in knowing some more details. I will see if I can get them to look into it. I hate to hear about a business taking advantage of people when they are most vulnerable. I will write a new message as soon as I hear something back.
transplant817

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2008

Judged:

I have fallen in love with the City of Benbrook. I moved here from Deluth, MN. I love the weather and the people are all so nice. It is truly a small town community with small town values. I have watched this post grow over the last several months and I am concerned about the owner/operator of this funeral home. I have seen where she is involved with other community organizations and I do not trust her. Does anybody know anything about Pam Moore? What can we do about her. I am just concerned that she might be as dishonest in her other dealings as she is in her business! We should spread the word to everyone we know. Benbrook is too valuable to allow someone like Ms. Moore to damage it.
Janice7865

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2008

Judged:

OMG! I wish I would have found this post earlier. I just had the most revolting experience with these people. The funeral director, Ms. Moore was the rudest and most unprofessional individual I have ever dealt with. Once I got the process started, I felt like it was too late to find anothr funeral home. I am sorry dad, I loved you very much and I will do whatever I can to make sure this place gets shut down. PLEASE, do not use this place. I cannot express enough how angry I am with them. They are rude and do not care about your loved ones, they only want to make sure they get as much money as possible out of you and they don't care how they do business. Shame on them!!!!!!!!!!
Professional123

Keller, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2009

Judged:

You people are crazy, there is not a funeral home anywhere that cares about people as much as Winscott Road. The people are professional, caring, and go out of their way to make sure that they do the best job. I would not consider using a different funeral home for my family or friends!
This thread is bunk

Roy, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2009

Judged:

The fact is that Winscott Road Funeral Home is the only funeral home in all of Texas to receive the 5-star award 5 times. This award is issued by the State of Texas and reflects unequaled quality. Their care and service reflects true perfection.
Ray2Jay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2009

Judged:

I dont know who Professional 123 and Thisthreadisbunk are, but I can personally attest to the lack of professionalism shown by the staff at Winscott Road Funeral Home. My mother had terminal cancer and she wanted to make all of her arrangements ahead of time, so we shopped around. When we went into Winscott Road Funeral Home, we were met by a funeral director named Pam. She acted like we were bothering her by trying to prearrange a funeral. She was very condescending and rude. This was not an easy thing for my mother to do, as you can imagine. The rest of the staff was in an office across the hall from the room where we met and they were laughing and joking and making very inappropriate comments about their personal lives. After about 20 minutes of Pam's rudeness and the comedy club in the office across the hall, we left. We found an excellent funeral home in Joshua called Mountain Valley Funeral Home. The people there were caring and compassionate. My mother has passed on now, and I am so grateful that we made the right choice of funeral homes. I am very sad for "In Mourning" at the top of this thread, they have my deepest sympathy. I have a feeling that the two positive comments made here are from someone at Winscott Road Funeral Home; is that you Pam? Please save yourself the heartache and find another funeral home to use, any other would be better that Winscott Road. Bless you all.
Jennifer J Dutton

Irving, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2009

Judged:

Pam Moore has helped my family in dealing with
the greatess saddest that any family should have
have to bear. Twice. Mrs. Moore was understanding of the feelings, emotions and the pain of our loss.I knew the Mother of "in mourning". She was a superb Human Being and one of my "cemetary" friends. I am sorry for the after affect feelings.
I am NOT Pam Moore, I do NOT speak for Pam Moore.
I probably know one person that is enjoying this
"chat".Think it will help?
In mourning

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2009

Judged:

Ms. Dutton, I am so pleased you posted a comment on this topic. I am so happy that your experiences with this funeral home were positive. Thank you for your kind words about my mom, I truly appreciate it. My mom spoke of you often and told me about your chats at the cemetary, they were a high point for her. I wish my experience was as positive as yours, but unfortunately it was not and I feel an obligation to warn as many people as possible. I am concerned about the number of negative comments posted about this funeral home. I would like to think my experience was an isolated incident but I do not think so. God bless you Ms. Dutton, it was good to "hear" from you.
James Ohye

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2009

Judged:

I have only praise for Winscott Rd Funeral Home, Pam showed a great deal of patience and care when I made arrangements for my Brother-in-Law. The visitation and Mass the following day was professionally done. Although the visitation was scheduled to end at 7:30 PM, the family stayed until a little after 8:00 that evening. The emotional support to the family was tremendous.
MCarter

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2009

Judged:

I have followed this thread for a while but have been hesitant to post anything. I can see that there have been both positive and negative comments left here. I see that the post was started by someone who had a negative experience with this funeral home, and they definately had the right to be angry and disappointed with the poor service they received. I have never used this funeral home personally, but I have attended two funerals that were arranged by them. I do not know any of the names of the employees, but I noticed a definate lack of interest by the employees both times I was there. On one occasion, I heard a mourner talking to a lady at the front desk about how disappointed she was over the makeup done on the deceased and the employee seemed very disinterested and appeared put-out that she had to listen to the complaint. I have to admit, I thought the makeup and preperation of the deceased was very poor and it appeared that they could have done a much better job. This is only my opinion because I am in no means an expert makeup artist, but I have been to countless funerals and this was by far the worst preperation of a body I have ever seen. I would not personally use this funeral home because of my personal experience, but I see that others have had good experiences. All I can say is do your homework, there are a lot of other funeral homes out there and while I believe that they are all out to make a profit, some care more than others. I don't think Winscott Road Funeral Home really cares about you or your loved ones, but they do care about your money! If nothing else, maybe this posting will make them clean up their act and start conducting themselves more professionally. Just my ramblings, hope they help!
parentsstillgrie ving

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2009

Judged:

I also recently had a horrid experience with this funeral home. When my husband and myself accepted Hospice for our 4 year old son we had to face reality that we needed to get arrangements made. Since we live in Benbrook we thought we would have services at Winscott. Ms. Moore was the rudest, discourteous and unsympathetic person I have ever met. She continually argued with me when I tried explaining things to her. Not once did she actually listen or even pretend to care. I intend on looking into what boards she sits on and possibly meeting with the city council members. My son has since passed on the 3rd of this month. We used Davis Funeral Chapel and the people there were amazing. I am thankful for their kindness and understanding.
In mourning

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2009

Judged:

parentsstillgrieving wrote:
I also recently had a horrid experience with this funeral home. When my husband and myself accepted Hospice for our 4 year old son we had to face reality that we needed to get arrangements made. Since we live in Benbrook we thought we would have services at Winscott. Ms. Moore was the rudest, discourteous and unsympathetic person I have ever met. She continually argued with me when I tried explaining things to her. Not once did she actually listen or even pretend to care. I intend on looking into what boards she sits on and possibly meeting with the city council members. My son has since passed on the 3rd of this month. We used Davis Funeral Chapel and the people there were amazing. I am thankful for their kindness and understanding.

I want to express my deepest sympathy to you and your entire family. I cannot even imagine what you are going through with the loss of your son. My mother died much too young, but she led a full and productive life. Your memories will carry you through this heartbreaking time in your life. I am sorry that your experience with Winscott Funeral Home was negative, but I am glad that you realized how awful they are and you found a quality funeral home to use. I do not live in Benbrook, but I grew up there and my mother lived there until she passed. I have seen Ms. Moore's name in the Benbrook paper and I know she sits on several boards in one form or another. I hope you can at least make more people aware of the poor customer service and lack of professionalism displayed by this Funeral Home. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help. God Bless you.
Jennifer J Dutton

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2009

Judged:

Losing a child is the most awful thing that will EVER happen to a family.We have lost two sons. One almost ten years ago, the other son almost six years ago. Both funerals were handled via said funeral home. Mark and Pam were very kind, not that I have any fond memories of that time.
To the parents that lost their son I am so very sorry, and I know that is not much help.I will add more later, just not now, Take Care.
Jennifer J Dutton

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2009

Judged:

Not Dallas, Benbrook!!!!
GHarvey

Arlington, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2009

Judged:

Nothing has changed, I went to a funeral there about two weeks ago and met Pam. She is exactly how she was described above. This woman has no business in the customer service field. She is a hateful, condescending you-know-what! People rely on her to do the right thing for their loved ones, but she does not care. She screwed up the service, and when confronted about it, she couldn't have cared less. She already had her money! Stop using this funeral home, they are awful people.
Jennifer J Dutton

Mckinney, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2009

Judged:

GHavey, At first I thought how sad! I remembered my feelings at funerals-not a fun experience-I would not have notice a bun fight going on. I admire you for being so calm, cool and collected that you able to account for so many negatives.
I then noticed that you called Ms Moore by her given name! Rather changed the flavour of the message.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of35
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Benbrook Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Benbrook People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance