Tim Pat Coogan

United States

#22 Aug 31, 2012
Your like talking to a toddler..Casting collective guilt on a entire ethnic group is flat bigotry, and is at least in Christian theology Immoral ..If someone defrauded, you call that person or persons what you want..I got held up once by someone of a different race than mine, I don't blame everyone of those men's race ..This isn't a hard concept if you've the intellect of say a 10 year old..
Tim Pat Coogan

United States

#23 Aug 31, 2012
strange wrote:
Tim: I like Jews, Blacks, Mexicans, whatever, as long as they are honest. In fact, I have spoken up for many of them.
When it comes to the IT's I would as well, if it weren't for ever encounter I have ever had they were dishonest. In regard to the retail business. Yes, I knew they were involved in their own businesses of pavement, etc., in places where they work and then leave the area with no permanent address to reach them at later. I am surprised that they appear to be also in the retain business of which customers return. I had an encounter--and yes, again not good. They were very friendly, very polite, and appeared quite honest. Again, I fell for their honest acting, accommodating personalities. It wasn't until later that I pieced it together. Huh, dishonest and lots of employees and all related (brothers, uncles, cousins, etc.)--yes it began to dawn on me. Again if they had been honest, I would have become more trusting of the IT's. What amazes me, is that I know many people that could use the product provided. An honest dealing would have had not only me returning, but good advertisement for them as well.
All, I want to say, is people be aware when now dealing with people in our area and probably all of Ft. Worth. If you buy a product that is suppose to have a serial number make sure that you can see that number. Do not believe any other excuse that is made and do not believe them when they try to tell you they have already registered it.
You're like talking to a toddler, I feel like I should be talking slower..Casting collective guilt on a entire ethnic group is flat bigotry and at least in Christian theology immoral..I got held up once be two men of a different race than mine , I don't hold those men's entire race responsible for those criminals actions..Anyone with a intellect over say that of a ten year old would know that was wrong..
Tim Pat Coogan

United States

#24 Aug 31, 2012
I feel like I'm conversing with a toddler , and I constantly feel the need to speak more slowly..Referring to a whole ethnicity in a despairingly way is flat wrong, and at least in Christian theology immoral..I got held up once by a couple fellas not of my race, I don't think all the folks of that same race responsible. Even though that race of people has a much higher crime rate than my own...
strange

Fort Worth, TX

#25 Sep 1, 2012
Wow. It doesn't take much to get you worked up. As I have said before, if they change their ways and start being honest to customers their reputation would soon change. Until that happens we do have that opinion of them.
Shop local

Carrollton, TX

#26 Sep 1, 2012
strange wrote:
Tim: I like Jews, Blacks, Mexicans, whatever, as long as they are honest. In fact, I have spoken up for many of them.
When it comes to the IT's I would as well, if it weren't for ever encounter I have ever had they were dishonest. In regard to the retail business. Yes, I knew they were involved in their own businesses of pavement, etc., in places where they work and then leave the area with no permanent address to reach them at later. I am surprised that they appear to be also in the retain business of which customers return. I had an encounter--and yes, again not good. They were very friendly, very polite, and appeared quite honest. Again, I fell for their honest acting, accommodating personalities. It wasn't until later that I pieced it together. Huh, dishonest and lots of employees and all related (brothers, uncles, cousins, etc.)--yes it began to dawn on me. Again if they had been honest, I would have become more trusting of the IT's. What amazes me, is that I know many people that could use the product provided. An honest dealing would have had not only me returning, but good advertisement for them as well.
All, I want to say, is people be aware when now dealing with people in our area and probably all of Ft. Worth. If you buy a product that is suppose to have a serial number make sure that you can see that number. Do not believe any other excuse that is made and do not believe them when they try to tell you they have already
registered it.
I too would be interested in knowing what sort of item you bought with a serial number and needs registration. Do you know who you bought it from? I'm not an IT but I keep my eyes wide open and preach this same message. To other consumers. You didn't buy cheap crap power tools out of the back of a truck did you?
Come over to the White Settelment forum and post there it's very active. 800+ posts.
http://www.fraudtech.org/travelers.htm
Tim Pat Coogan

United States

#27 Sep 1, 2012
Your like talking to a toddler..Casting collective guilt on a entire ethnic group is flat wrong, and at least according to Christian theology immoral ...I got held up once by two men who were not of my race, I certainly do not hold everyone of their ethnicity responsible for their actions..I'd guess a, 10 year old could follow this..
Shop local

Carrollton, TX

#28 Sep 1, 2012
Tim Pat Coogan wrote:
Your like talking to a toddler..Casting collective guilt on a entire ethnic group is flat wrong, and at least according to Christian theology immoral ...I got held up once by two men who were not of my race, I certainly do not hold everyone of their ethnicity responsible for their actions..I'd guess a, 10 year old could follow this..
You should have shot their ass. You need to barrow a 45 I have few laying around. Don't mess with a Texas country boy or a 10-56 Traveller one will shoot you the other will remove your front teeth and make your head hurt. I'll let them figure out which one does what.
strange

Fort Worth, TX

#29 Sep 6, 2012
Shop local wrote:
<quoted text>
I too would be interested in knowing what sort of item you bought with a serial number and needs registration. Do you know who you bought it from? I'm not an IT but I keep my eyes wide open and preach this same message. To other consumers. You didn't buy cheap crap power tools out of the back of a truck did you?
Come over to the White Settelment forum and post there it's very active. 800+ posts.
http://www.fraudtech.org/travelers.htm
Shop Local: I just wanted to put out a warning to others out there. This was not off of a truck, but right in a store that sells retail to customers. It was a higher priced item. I don't believe anything in the store would be lesss than a few hundred dollars.

I was able to get out from under the mess and I am so thankful for that. If this happens to anyone else, complain like heck until something is done. You might have to go above their heads.

I don't care to post anymore on it. Can I say they were IT's no I can't--but it was typical and facts seemed to point that way.

Can they change their image? Yes, I believe they can. It will not come from a few of them on this board trying to claim what good and misunderstood people they are. It will come from them being very sure that they treat a customer as they would want to be treated. The best advertising has always been a satisfied customer--when will they ever learn this?
Shop local

Carrollton, TX

#30 Sep 6, 2012
strange wrote:
<quoted text>
Shop Local: I just wanted to put out a warning to others out there. This was not off of a truck, but right in a store that sells retail to customers. It was a higher priced item. I don't believe anything in the store would be lesss than a few hundred dollars.
I was able to get out from under the mess and I am so thankful for that. If this happens to anyone else, complain like heck until something is done. You might have to go above their heads.
I don't care to post anymore on it. Can I say they were IT's no I can't--but it was typical and facts seemed to point that way.
Can they change their image? Yes, I believe they can. It will not come from a few of them on this board trying to claim what good and misunderstood people they are. It will come from them being very sure that they treat a customer as they would want to be treated. The best advertising has always been a satisfied customer--when will they ever learn this?
Please do not feel attacked by my comment. I have been wronged by a particular Traveller. This is the reason I have taken up the name Shop local. I have posted on multi boards trying to speak to locals in their own area and not some paving crew passing through your town. Beside it helps stimulate you own local economy and beeps you money in your community. All of that activity is out of state from here local to DFW. So what kind of item was it and what was the store or shop. If there is someone scamming folks warn people of it. Take out the fact it may or may not be Travellers. Just scamming people is wrong no matter who you are. So remove the factor who who the person was. What was the scam and where did it take place?
Shop local

Carrollton, TX

#31 Sep 6, 2012
Strange, I needed to add to my comment. If you don't give out other info as to the item or items and where you got the items from then you trying to warn others is futile. If I was to walk into the same store at this point I too could be taken. It's up to you to let others know where not to shop or what not to buy. You will do what's right for you.
Tim Pat Coogan

Pompano Beach, FL

#32 Sep 6, 2012
This guys like the late Joe McCarthy Local , except he sees I.T. hiding around every corner..I know of no such Bricks & mortar building owned by any I.T.s..
Shop local

Carrollton, TX

#33 Sep 6, 2012
<Strange>

Can you please provide more info on this retailer, product, and location. That's how you will get your point across to warn others in the area.
Skeptical

Irving, TX

#34 Sep 6, 2012
We called one listed in the phone book to re do our old wood floors. The house was vacant but when we showed up they had sanded the floors with the Air Conditioning ON... they replaced one room that was too rotten to use the existing floor and left the whole mess in our front yard. When my husband asked then about hauling off the old flooring and construction junk he said "I don't do that, that's your problem". Soon after we had to get a brand new a/c unit...the old one was ruined because of the sawdust.

We also had a Samoan or Tongan show up at our door wanting to cut down a dead tree. We settled on the price and low and behold halfway thru he says it's gonna cost more...taking longer than they thought. Um hm .... I tell him no. He finishes and when I go out he had covered the low stump with sawdust instead of removing it. My fault for getting the b s pulled on me. But still...how do these people live with themselves I'll never understand.
Shop local

Carrollton, TX

#35 Sep 7, 2012
Skeptical wrote:
We called one listed in the phone book to re do our old wood floors. The house was vacant but when we showed up they had sanded the floors with the Air Conditioning ON... they replaced one room that was too rotten to use the existing floor and left the whole mess in our front yard. When my husband asked then about hauling off the old flooring and construction junk he said "I don't do that, that's your problem". Soon after we had to get a brand new a/c unit...the old one was ruined because of the sawdust.
We also had a Samoan or Tongan show up at our door wanting to cut down a dead tree. We settled on the price and low and behold halfway thru he says it's gonna cost more...taking longer than they thought. Um hm .... I tell him no. He finishes and when I go out he had covered the low stump with sawdust instead of removing it. My fault for getting the b s pulled on me. But still...how do these people live with themselves I'll never understand.
People simply get by with doing things like you describe cuz they don't care for others or simply only look at the end result $ on that one sale. Always get things in writing. Never pay in cash. Ask for references, do your home work and never ever assume that something will or will not be done. Ask questions. No question is a dumb question. Also don't just sign on the bottom line. Always read 100% of the contract even the small print at the bottom.
My two cents

United States

#36 Sep 7, 2012
Strange. How do you know that it was an IT that sold you your un named product? Your story dosent make any sense.
strange

Fort Worth, TX

#37 Sep 7, 2012
As I said previously, I do not know it was an IT, but feel very likely. No, I am not looking for them around every corner. It is just that my dealings with them have never ended on a positive note. It wasn't until later that I added everything up--mainly way too many employees and all related. Also, none claimed to live even near the area--however, at least one appears to live in the correct neighborhood when claiming not to.

All, that I will add to this, Shop Local, is that what I purchased was an item that is installed on a vehicle. You do not actually see the item that is going on your vehicle. It is ordered and you are shown what it will be. The only thing I can see that I could have done to prevent it is ask that I see the product itself before it was installed and that I checked the serial number (with them knowing that I was doing it), write the number down and then check to see that the number is the correct number after installation. Contray to what was told, the number is visible after installation--if there. I was constantly put off about the serial number, they would get it, they would get the paperwork on it, etc. I checked with other dealers, company where serial number was to be recorded, etc.

I had a winning card to play and was able to get out of the deal. They were quite shook up when it was over and I am hoping that they now play completely by the rules. If so, then I am happy for them.

As for them not being in a building of brick and mortar as one says. I believe I was told I was quite stupid if I didn't know they were American citizens and had businesses just as other American citizens. Also, not sure the building was brick and mortar--I will need to check that out again.
My two cents

United States

#38 Sep 7, 2012
Your story is very strange. You picked a good handle! I would bet what money that I do have that it was not an Irish traveller. You only later claimed that it may or may not have been a traveller. You was blaming us from the start. You said that the travellers started a business selling products to rip of disabled people.( I'm paraphrasing of course) you shouldn't get on a site about travellers and blame us for something we had no part of. This is exactly what I'm talking about. We get blamed for a large majority of things we don't do. Also to ad your story still dosent make sense.
strange

Fort Worth, TX

#39 Sep 7, 2012
No My Two Cents I did not. I asked the question in the first statement if they had started a business. Yes, I believe it is IT's and could probabaly win money from you in an honest bet.

However, my post was to warn people to not only be aware when having services done but to be aware when entering a business also. As I stated I hope they have changed their ways and do not want to do them any harm if so. Maybe they aren't IT's--but my bet would be they are.

No, I am sure my post wouldn't make sense to you because after all look who I am dealing with.
My two cents

United States

#40 Sep 7, 2012
Well if any non ITs can make any sense of this please fill me in.( I bought something for my car, it didn't have a serial number but it did have a serial number. I called a dealer. I seen it in a picture. The serial number was showing. I got my money back. They don't live in the area but one does.) does that sum it up? Is Your disability by any chance mental. What did you even buy?
Shop local

Carrollton, TX

#41 Sep 7, 2012
Let's be civil and diplomatic with each other here please. I can see bothe side of this coin. I do believe that strange was bilked on some sort of ( unknown ) car part. The story line is a bit fuzzy in detail but it made sense to him as he wrote it. The flip side to this is strange said it may or may not be ITs but thinks it could be. And the background story about living in the area or not is a bit fuzzy also. Good news is you got your money back from the manufacturer I assume.? And while I for one can sure appreciate you trying to warn others not to get in this same mess you got fought up in. I still have no clue of the who, what, when, or where. You need to connect the dots with facts to warn people. What is the product? Who sold it to you? The name of the shop or a location. What is the back ground story with the Mfg. and refund? Do you still have the part? I mean I feel you honestly got ripped off but as to who did it I don't know. How do you know they don't live here yet one does? Just put the facts down. No grey areas. That's how you can warn others effectively. As it is I cold wondering in to this same place still and be taken for a loop with the same deal you had cuz I don't have the facts. Sorry.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Benbrook Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
redneck with dixie horn Dec 23 benjamin 1
Backyard wrestlers in Dallas/Fort Worth TX area... (Jul '07) Dec 22 deputydog 7
Third Bandido arrested in motorcycle bar shooting Dec 22 nobody 3
As Statewide Smoking Ban Burns Out in Capitol, ... Dec 22 Pete 2
Fort Worth firefighters use oxygen to save cat Dec 22 DILF 2
Fort Worth sergeant sues city, police chief Dec 20 bite me 1
Aledo ISD owns a house at 15502 Old Weatherford... Dec 20 Mojo magic 1
Benbrook Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Benbrook People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Benbrook News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Benbrook

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:17 am PST

NFL 5:17AM
Week 17 playoff scenarios cheat sheet
Bleacher Report 7:00 AM
Updated 2014 Analysis for Final Week of Season
NBC Sports 2:57 PM
DeMarco Murray out sick on Thursday
NBC Sports 4:00 PM
Rookie Martin makes quick impression in Dallas - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 4:15 PM
What Experts Are Saying About Washington